** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Re: BSNL related basic questions!

wat e-mail id r u talkin about?

the @dataone.in type ?

did the tele exchange guy not give you the e-mail id and login name and initial password when he/she/it activated internet connection for you

easier way would be to contact them and get the info about ur 5 MB dataone account

they r supposed to provide it

These guys really sucks! You know bro what happened! I called them and asked for my email id after trying for half an hr also the email id don't work.. "User id and password do not match! ".. i told the guy to try himself but of no use! then i asked for my portal id! he gave my portal id and i tried to login at *bbservice.bsnl.in/ and no use.. same error! your id and password do not match!
The also don't know what to do! they told me to call tomorrow!

Indranil92001

Journeyman
i added utorrent to exceptions in firewall . .i tried disabling firewall . . but no go .. i resetted the modem again . no use. ..

I think you need to reinstall your Wisdows XP, Because you say you dont have the problem with your Vista. If you have antivirus with firewall on your system or somthing like this this may cause to block your client port. Maybe you have wrong configaration in your Utorrent. To cheak you xp is ok or not uninstall your Utorrent 1.7.7 and download this Beta vertion utorrent 1.8
Search google with word download utorrent 1.8 , you can fiend the download link. Then install it and cheak the port and configure it. you can also download another torrent client name bitorrent, *www.bittorrent.com/download this is same like utorrent.
You can also log on to BSNL from your desktop by using pppoe. If you log on from your desktop then you dont need to configure your modem with Port forwarding. If you want to know how do you install the pppoe on your system then ask me I will telling you how to install it.

If you still have the problem then you need to format your hard drive and install windows xp.

Last edited:

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Hello Friends,
My plan is Home250 [up to 2Mbps, old portal ]
I am planning to change to Home 500 C.
I want to ask if my speed will be upgraded to 8mbps , as in new connections here, with new portal?
cos i have seen that speed @ my relative's home, and i loved 400 kb download speed @ night UL.

My billing cycle for "1 yr advanced pay " thing is ending before 1st may.
what should i do to get new portal and 8mbps speed in H500C ?
shoukd i discontinue my internet at 15th april by giving an application, then again joining as a new connection?
or it will be automatically be 8mbps when my plan will be changed?

Please help me fast. Thanks.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
I think you need to reinstall your Wisdows XP, Because you say you dont have the problem with your Vista. If you have antivirus with firewall on your system or somthing like this this may cause to block your client port. Maybe you have wrong configaration in your Utorrent. To cheak you xp is ok or not uninstall your Utorrent 1.7.7 and download this Beta vertion utorrent 1.8
Search google with word download utorrent 1.8 , you can fiend the download link. Then install it and cheak the port and configure it. you can also download another torrent client name bitorrent, *www.bittorrent.com/download this is same like utorrent.
You can also log on to BSNL from your desktop by using pppoe. If you log on from your desktop then you dont need to configure your modem with Port forwarding. If you want to know how do you install the pppoe on your system then ask me I will telling you how to install it.

If you still have the problem then you need to format your hard drive and install windows xp.

tell me how to setup a pppoe connection from desktop. . thanx.

even in vista , other ports ( other than 61275 ) are not getting forwarded.

Indranil92001

Journeyman
@sagargv first you need to setup your modem for PPPoE from your desktop. Go to your modem configaration page and select Bridge mode where you set your user ID and Password. Then click save. Delete all your previous entry of Port forwarding. Restart your modem.

To setup PPPoE from your deskto do the following step.

Click on Start button then Coltrol Panal. In Control Panal Category View click Network and Internet Connections in next windo click setup or change your internet connection. A windo will pop up, click on Setup tab. A wizard will popup click next. Select Connect to the Internet -> Click next, Select Setup my connection manually -> Click next , Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password -> click next, In this windo type your ISP name -> click next, then type your username and password. Click next and this windo chek the field if you want to put a shortcut link in your desktop for your PPPoE connection.

But remember to do PPPoE from your desktop you need to configure your modem in Bridge mode.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Dude can u tell me how to check it manually or on ma own...Customer care of BSNL just suck to death....where should i see if I wanna know ma plan?

So much for people helping newbie on the forum, anyway go to
*bbservice.bsnl.in/

Type in your Portal ID & Password , do not type your user ID here , portal ID is diffrent then go my orders to find out your plan & view usage to check your usage.

anurag01232006

Right off the assembly line
*bbservice.bsnl.in/

Type in your Portal ID & Password , do not type your user ID here , portal ID is diffrent then go my orders to find out your plan & view usage to check your usage.

Dude i am having an old IP address...Do I have to also get a portal ID??

*bbservice.bsnl.in/

I my service records its written that I have test 256 Symmetrical connection.....What does this mean????I am an old user...I was not give any portal Id but i check my usage by my normal user id n password...

Help me guys...

Last edited:

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
There's some problem with my ADSL splitter..

When i use a phone line through the splitter, my router keeps on getting disconnected virtually every min, while with the direct line it works pretty fine..

So, can anyone confirm whether its splitter problem?? If yes, where do i find a new one?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@sagargv first you need to setup your modem for PPPoE from your desktop. Go to your modem configaration page and select Bridge mode where you set your user ID and Password. Then click save. Delete all your previous entry of Port forwarding. Restart your modem.

To setup PPPoE from your deskto do the following step.

Click on Start button then Coltrol Panal. In Control Panal Category View click Network and Internet Connections in next windo click setup or change your internet connection. A windo will pop up, click on Setup tab. A wizard will popup click next. Select Connect to the Internet -> Click next, Select Setup my connection manually -> Click next , Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password -> click next, In this windo type your ISP name -> click next, then type your username and password. Click next and this windo chek the field if you want to put a shortcut link in your desktop for your PPPoE connection.

But remember to do PPPoE from your desktop you need to configure your modem in Bridge mode.

i configured my modem to bridge mode and tried connecting from desktop , ( i disabled my usual LAN ) . it said that the target wan miniport was not reachable. . .i enabled LAN , tried again . it said username / pass is wrong.(i'm sure i entered it rite , coz i tested 3 times ). .

the same results with all bit torrent clients. .even with azureus. .

now what do i do ?

thankx

Last edited:

Indranil92001

Journeyman
i configured my modem to bridge mode and tried connecting from desktop , ( i disabled my usual LAN ) . it said that the target wan miniport was not reachable. . .i enabled LAN , tried again . it said username / pass is wrong.(i'm sure i entered it rite , coz i tested 3 times ). .

I dont understand why you disable your lancard. If you disable your lancard then how can you connect to your modem from your Computer. if you put correct username and passowod then shoud be connect to the net. Dont use @dataone after your ID, Just put your ID and your password in correct field.
and you also need to format your hard drive and install your overating system again.

If dosenot work then call the expert who can help you. This is not possible to help you from here.

There's some problem with my ADSL splitter..

When i use a phone line through the splitter, my router keeps on getting disconnected virtually every min, while with the direct line it works pretty fine..

So, can anyone confirm whether its splitter problem?? If yes, where do i find a new one?

Connect it properly. In splitter you can see the name Line. In Line you need to connect direct from your phone line. And from name ADSL connect to your Modem.

Last edited:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Does anyone know how to get registered for Games on Demand for new Broadband users? As new users are given a different portal, the indiatimes redirected portal shows account doesn't exist.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
I dont understand why you disable your lancard. If you disable your lancard then how can you connect to your modem from your Computer. if you put correct username and passowod then shoud be connect to the net. Dont use @dataone after your ID, Just put your ID and your password in correct field.
and you also need to format your hard drive and install your overating system again.

If dosenot work then call the expert who can help you. This is not possible to help you from here.

thanks. .i've come to this conclusion . .NAT-PMP is not working for me on any OS. . uPnP is working in windows Vista and windows 98 ( i have this installed in virtual pc which i access through windows XP !! ). but i am unable to use uPnP in XP ..

Any suggestions on how to use uPnP in XP ?
I'm not sure whether formatting hdd will help .. its been nearly a year since i installed xp , so i might as well try . . but i'll need time for this and i cant do it now..
bsnl experts !! ha !!! i called 1957 and told him that i want able to forward ports. . he asked if that was the name of the website i wasnt able to open !!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone sign in to the old server??

I can't. Everytime I try I get this:

*img406.imageshack.us/img406/8262/errorvg5.jpg

I even tried signing in with weird usernames on which it should show "This username doesn't exit" and with my friends username, "Username password don't match".......

Can someone verify this for me?

Thanx in advance......

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
HOw r ya getting this speed bro

im just getting 30kbps , never more than this

BTW could you please post your ip address nos here .. will help a lot

:(

got that speed for 1.5 hours :)) but after that the net died & came back after 11pm , now speed is normal.

btw d/led ~800MB in that 1.5 hrs :twisted::))

Indranil92001

Journeyman
bsnl experts !! ha !!! i called 1957 and told him that i want able to forward ports. . he asked if that was the name of the website i wasnt able to open !!

I am really laugh out loud seriously,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it true that to configure the server of the BSNL visit expert from forign country and they make it.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ok.. i am able to connect from my desktop now( by bridging connection as u said ) . . but utorrent is still not forwarding port and i'm getting very low dl speeds in utorrent . . if i could somehow get NAT-PMP or uPnP working in XP .. . thanks again.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
guys...
Code:
nameserver 64.127.100.11
nameserver 64.127.100.12
try these dns servers.hope it is by far the fastest in resolving :) (got from gentoo forums)

Top Bottom