** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

^^ So what may be the other possible reason behind this problem? Is there any chance that the modem is faulty?
yes there can be but its rare, but in networking we should start from most common problems & then proceed to other reason.

First tell your exchange to fix the earthing problem, then try a Wiring change from pole to your Router.
Ensure that the wire isn't cut or has joints in between.

what is the deferent between Home 500 Combo and Home 500 Combo Plus

Currently I have Home 500 ( Not Combo ) and pay bill 560 in every month. Is there any deferent in bill I mean saving the mony if I change the plan to Combo.
1) Home 500 combo has a monthly bandwidth of 1.5GB whereas Home 500 has bandwidth of 2.5GB.

2) Home 500 combo is a Combi plan of DATA & voice which gives you 175 free calls. but you need to take a separate voice plan when using Home 500. In home 500 you need to take a base plan or voice plan like One india plan or standard plan which charges are billed separately.

Last edited:

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

Wtf wtf. idiotic bsnl net. Getting dc anytime. Leds on, everything seems normal but the net stops working and after loong time it starts working. Can't even download properly and this net dc thing is increasing day by day.. What could be the problem?

praka123

left this forum longback

^select g.dmt mode in router web interface fur adsl

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz

Guys, i had an interesting query..

I've got a Home 500 plan & my friend has a 900 U/L plan. We both play together on US & UK game servers..
Surprisingly, both of us have the same pings on all servers. Contrary to this, i get much higher download speeds than him ( which is expected )..

Does this show that BSNL has limited bandwidth for gaming? Or is there any other explanation?

Indranil92001

Journeyman

Guys, i had an interesting query..

I've got a Home 500 plan & my friend has a 900 U/L plan. We both play together on US & UK game servers..
Surprisingly, both of us have the same pings on all servers. Contrary to this, i get much higher download speeds than him ( which is expected )..

Does this show that BSNL has limited bandwidth for gaming? Or is there any other explanation?

Home 500 Paln has download speed upto 2Mbps and 900 U/L have download speed 256Kbps.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

what is the deferent between Home 500 Combo and Home 500 Combo Plus

Currently I have Home 500 ( Not Combo ) and pay bill 560 in every month. Is there any deferent in bill I mean saving the mony if I change the plan to Combo.
Have a look at this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=706961#post706961

janitha

Wise Old Owl

"then try a Wiring change from pole to your Router."

Here, in Kerala we are lucky at least in this regard. Almost everywhere there are no more telephone poles and the cable reaches to every house.

nick715us

Right off the assembly line
Re: DNS Unable to resolve even popular sites

Hi,

I have BSNL ADSL Siemens SL2_ 141 modem.

I'm frustrated by the fact that the DNS cannot resolve popular sites like amazon.com. At times, even hotmail cannot be resolved.

ipconfig/all cmd reveals both Default Gateway and DNS server as 192.168.1.1. Is this correct?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

Hi,

I'm frustrated by the fact that the DNS cannot resolve popular sites like amazon.com. At times, even hotmail cannot be resolved.

ipconfig/all cmd reveals both Default Gateway and DNS server as 192.168.1.1. Is this correct?
your DNS address cannot be 192.168.1.1

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Hi,

use OpenDNS
Code:

nick715us

Right off the assembly line
Re: BSNL DNS issues

Hi,

I have BSNL DataOne SIEMENS SL2_ 141 ADSL modem. Located in Chennai.

Works fine for the most part but am unable to connect to several sites, including some very common sites like amazon.com. Looks like DNS is not able to resolve several IP addresses. Very frustrating when you click on some Google search results, only to receive a 404 :( I don't think the target sites are down because they are very known and popular sites.

I also have a TATA Indicom USB wireless internet device and am able to connect to these sites using that device. So, I know it's not an issue with settings on my computer.

Has anyone else experienced the same DNS issues? How can they be resolved? Appreciate help from any member...Thanks!

Indranil92001

Journeyman

@nick715us if you dont share internet with other client then try connect to the net by PPPoE from desktop.

Last edited:

vikasg03

Journeyman

Who will give the user id and password for broadbad?
Last week i am taking home 250 plan, But at that time BSNL guy didnot give me anyting like mail ids ,password, user name. Just start my net connection Now i want to know who can give these. Any as mention in form they will provide 5 email ids's! Really, but who and when. Because otherwise how can i check my usuage on official site which always ask me for username and password?

Vikas
Bangalore

adi007

Youngling

Urgent help needed
I am unable to see my account usage..
This problem is not only to me but all my friends...even datafox and other account usage programs are unable to tell my account usage...
Dunno what has happened....any one facing the same problem....
I am getting 404 for every attempt...

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ You can't use Datafox AFAIK.....because your connection is of NIB-2 that is you get the IPs of this range 117.x.x.x

And that new portal has lots of problems......Not only your friends, even here in Gurgaon my new connection is having the same problem.......:(
But I don't care because it is H900 unlimited..........;)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

Today I checked my data usage in BSNL portal and I was surprised cause the downloads between 2-8 AM were also mentioned. Is it normal? Do they show the usage in portal but not calculate it in the bill? Or is something wrong there and I should contact the support?

Top Bottom