** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

i have home 500 plan and get download speed of 220kbps but upload speed of 27kbps ... can the upload speed be increased

Akhil Jain

Journeyman

how to set up dataone in win 98 ??( I want no comment such as " use xp and not 98")

manjunath.parashar

Right off the assembly line

Hi,,,

Being a new member to the Forum awa to the BSNL broadband family, I'm not sure about the protocols being follwed in this forum/thread.Pl forgive me I'm voilating rules... I've a question

I'm using Home 250 and its been 4-5 days since I got the connection. I'm using yahoo messanger with voice to talk and it says usage is 600MB..!!. Usage is 22 hrs. At the outset I'm not sure if this is correct. I was not sure that the voice would take so much bandwidth. I want to change the tarrif plan to Home UL900. I wish if some one could tell me how should I do that and how fast it gets reflected??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

just contact the Local BSNL office, you'll have to write a letter & give them.

for me it got activated in One Week.

djmykey

Let the music play.....

Hi all of ya ppl, I wanted to know that just in case I wanna get the data1 connection back, will they give me a connection if I want to use it with my old data1 connection coz last time I bought the connection I bought the modem so its still with me/

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

u can opt to not buy a modem when u register for a dataone connection

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Akhil Jain said:
how to set up dataone in win 98 ??( I want no comment such as " use xp and not 98")
dude u have to install a dialer.
get it from here *rajasthan.bsnl.co.in/main/PPPOE098.EXE

Being a new member to the Forum awa to the BSNL broadband family, I'm not sure about the protocols being follwed in this forum/thread.Pl forgive me I'm voilating rules... I've a question

I'm using Home 250 and its been 4-5 days since I got the connection. I'm using yahoo messanger with voice to talk and it says usage is 600MB..!!. Usage is 22 hrs. At the outset I'm not sure if this is correct. I was not sure that the voice would take so much bandwidth. I want to change the tarrif plan to Home UL900. I wish if some one could tell me how should I do that and how fast it gets reflected??

for ghost usage install a firewall like zone alarm & use D u meter for monitoring the web connection, there must be some automactic updates turned on or some virus.

for plan change only god can tell how much time it will take as bsnl is a saarkri company. but make one thing sure u get a confermation in writing of plan change from them(i many forum members here have been given ghost bills).

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid

Hi friends ,
I have 900 Plus UL plan and my friend has 500 plan.
I generally use net at night and he use it in day time.
So , today we decided to share our uname and passwords for mutual benefits . I thought I will access net with his uname at 2 mbps but what I m getting is same 256 kbps as in my 900 plan but he gets 2mbps with his same uname and password . I wanna know why this is happeneing ???? Do I need to change some settings ??? Please reply soon...
Also tell me is there any harm in sharing uname , passwords and using each others accounts ???

tinku dhar

In the zone

~Phenom~ said:
Hi friends ,
I have 900 Plus UL plan and my friend has 500 plan.
I generally use net at night and he use it in day time.
So , today we decided to share our uname and passwords for mutual benefits . I thought I will access net with his uname at 2 mbps but what I m getting is same 256 kbps as in my 900 plan but he gets 2mbps with his same uname and password . I wanna know why this is happeneing ???? Do I need to change some settings ??? Please reply soon...
Also tell me is there any harm in sharing uname , passwords and using each others accounts ???

no dude ... ,

it will work fine :) and sharin with friends who will not tell to anyone is ok

remember durin day time the speed may varies but at nite u will get nice speed to upto 200 KBps of downloadin

better u usin a nice download manager :)

regards :)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid

thanx for replying buddy but when i was using his account , i got 256 kbps speed while just 10 minutes before he was using his account he was getting 2mbps . Also , my internet settings is optimized for 256 kbps by tuneup utilities , is it the culprit ???

tinku dhar

In the zone

~Phenom~ said:
thanx for replying buddy but when i was using his account , i got 256 kbps speed while just 10 minutes before he was using his account he was getting 2mbps . Also , my internet settings is optimized for 256 kbps by tuneup utilities , is it the culprit ???

hmmmm may be ,

plz don't install any such appz wich speed ups ur net speed etc etc infact it neva speed ups

soo let it be simple and normal :)

regards :)

Akhil Jain

Journeyman

gary4gar said:
dude u have to install a dialer.
get it from here *rajasthan.bsnl.co.in/main/PPPOE098.EXE
____.
i have install the dialer and it have made a new icon on desktop also ... now what ??? it asks for some number.. plz give me details.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Akhil Jain said:
i have install the dialer and it have made a new icon on desktop also ... now what ??? it asks for some number.. plz give me details.

i don't know with no are u asking about?
PLease tell in detail
no number is needed just enter the user id & password
thats it.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman

gary4gar said:
i don't know with no are u asking about?
PLease tell in detail
no number is needed just enter the user id & password
thats it.
it makes a realtek icon on desktop .. when double click ittt , it has three fields
userid
password
number to dialled

i am very much confused if i am doing something wrong because it is bb and not dial up , so why its asking this field .. by default there is a 0 in that field.
plz give me a step by step illustration , plz

go4saket

Hi guys! My friend from Nagpur and myself from Orissa used to share our BSNL BB, both on 250 Plan. Since a last few day we both are not able to connect using each others password. Is it that BSNL has changed something by which the usedname of one state cannot be used in other state...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Akhil Jain said:
it makes a realtek icon on desktop .. when double click ittt , it has three fields
userid
password
number to dialled

i am very much confused if i am doing something wrong because it is bb and not dial up , so why its asking this field .. by default there is a 0 in that field.
plz give me a step by step illustration , plz
can u post the screenshot of ur screen??
upload them to imageshack.us

janitha

Wise Old Owl

go4saket said:
Hi guys! My friend from Nagpur and myself from Orissa used to share our BSNL BB, both on 250 Plan. Since a last few day we both are not able to connect using each others password. Is it that BSNL has changed something by which the usedname of one state cannot be used in other state...

It seems they are doing something like that, since I am also experiencing the same for the last three weeks or so.

freebird

Debian Rocks!

that is a welcome stanz for single home dataone users.we r safe :))

go4saket

I dont think so because I still am able to use my friends ID who are within the state...

Top Bottom