** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

REY619 said:
People I have been reading this post for long and am going to apply for a BSNL BB connection. I have a few question, i hope someone will answer!
1. I have a Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem (max speed 115200bps), i hope i dont have to buy another modem. or do i have to?
2. On BSNL website (*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone.htm) it says u need-10/100 ethernet port and Adsl CPE, i want to know what are those two things??
3. I run Windows98, do i have to get XP or something else?
Plz sum1 help, thanx!

1- You have to get a standard ADSL modem, the motorola one won't do
2- 10/100 ethernet port is the LAN port of your motherboard. What is your board? Newer boards have on-board 10/100 LAN. On older boards which do not have one, you have to install a LAN card on the spare PCI slot.
3- You can run dataone on windows 98.

kotuday

Right off the assembly line

I got a UT-300R ADSL modem for my new BSNL Dataone connection. I have setup my local LAN TCP/IP properties as

IP: 192.168.1.2
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 but when I try to access the configuration page of the modem at 192.168.1.1/ the page loads very very slowly. After a while it stops loading. Another thing I noted is that the DATA LED on the modem never blinks.

Has anyone faced such an issue? Any pointers to resolving the issue?

Thanks in Advance.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi !
I will be direct! BSNL Dataone has not yet charged my for the MODEM, neither hv they sent over a single bill for the 6 months I hv using DATA 1 , i asked for Rs.250 /month connection.
I view my service record page , i notice a wierd thing.
Two Instances,
1> Time of Surfing : 7.15 - 7.50 Upld=Some KB, Dwld = Some KB , Time =xx seconds , Traffic =0 KB
2>Time odf surfing 2.04 to 3.07 ,,,,,, Traffic =0 KB.

Does this mean I'm actually actually having HAPPY HOUR ??? Meaning free surfing durin 2-8 am ?
Pls clear this 4 me ?

vava

Hi

Is there anyway to connect dataone in windows 98?
Please help me

netuser

my frnd and i were havin an arguement bout a certain thin,
does bsnl broadband service keep record of every ip address assigned to a particular user? for example suppose a user logs on using his id xyz and he is assigned an ip address of 69.44.332.98 ,(and suppose his telephone no is 3244455 )will this record that frm telephone no 3244455 user xyz loged in and had ip address of 69.44.332.98 be in bsnl database forever?or its gets deleted after few days?

royal

Padawan

Guys, my "error 691" problem still has not been solved...the BB customer care people know only to "reset" to the old password . Its the maximum they can do and seems they are very proud of their capabality.

However the problem has been persisting for 5 days and I really need to rectify this. So do I need to go to the Telephone Exchange office and lodge a complaint ??? :confused:

what do you people suggest?

Hey the problem has been solved ... whew :D

Last edited:

arunks

Hey here is the aks
download GBs of data free of cost on 250 plan

hi,,.....

almost everybody(many persons) is using free gprs internet on computer thru free live wap service on bsnl and airtel..

so on otherside Can anybody plz provide a way to use the bsnl broadband also free..

if not possible unlimitely then is there any way to download a few GBs of data free on 250 plan of bsnl broadband.........????????

i m waiting 4 replies

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: download GBs of data free of cost on 250 plan

desmataks said:
hi,,.....

almost everybody(many persons) is using free gprs internet on computer thru free live wap service on bsnl and airtel..

so on otherside Can anybody plz provide a way to use the bsnl broadband also free..

if not possible unlimitely then is there any way to download a few GBs of data free on 250 plan of bsnl broadband.........????????

i m waiting 4 replies

No, not possible.

Solutions:
Take home 500 or unlimited 900/900 plus.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

desmataks said:
hi,,.....

i m waiting 4 replies
is bsnl gprs really free??
if yes what things do i need

netuser said:
my frnd and i were havin an arguement bout a certain thin,
does bsnl broadband service keep record of every ip address assigned to a particular user? for example suppose a user logs on using his id xyz and he is assigned an ip address of 69.44.332.98 ,(and suppose his telephone no is 3244455 )will this record that frm telephone no 3244455 user xyz loged in and had ip address of 69.44.332.98 be in bsnl database forever?or its gets deleted after few days?
yes it maitains a log of phone no. & ip's but it is deleted after a certain time but u have to ask bsnl ppl whats the time. which they'll never tell u

REY619 said:
People I have been reading this post for long and am going to apply for a BSNL BB connection. I have a few question, i hope someone will answer!
1. I have a Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem (max speed 115200bps), i hope i dont have to buy another modem. or do i have to?
2. On BSNL website (*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone.htm) it says u need-10/100 ethernet port and Adsl CPE, i want to know what are those two things??
3. I run Windows98, do i have to get XP or something else?
Plz sum1 help, thanx!
1)u need to get a adsl modem
2)no need of lan card if u don't have it, u can use ur usb port for this
3)yes u can use in windows 98

vava said:
Hi

Is there anyway to connect dataone in windows 98?
Please help me
u need to install some fixes.i had personnnaly uploaded it for u
this is the link: *www.MegaShare.com/26407

Last edited:

serendipiti

Journeyman

I am a new user to dataone Home 250 plan(Startp)and have paid 2500/-as one year adv rental.My usage page says activation date of my account to be 27-6-2006.However i got the connection and modem etc installed on 1-7-2006.
My question is whether i have to use up my alloted 400 MB within 3o days of 27-6-2006 or 1-7-2006 and is it 30 days of usage that is calculated or 1 month(30/31 days depending on the month)that matters.
Thanx!

arunks

Hey here is the aks

gary4gar said:
is bsnl gprs really free??
if yes what things do i need

have a look on this page
*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=123095

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

^^^thanx for link but the pots are very long so it will take me time to read that all & reply.i am sleeping right now zzzz~~~

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Hey guys I'm usnig SmartAX MT880 ADSL modem/router for my DataOne connection can anyone tell me from where I can upgrate "Firmware" for my model of modem/router?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Hello, I am using scheduler for my downloads through dataone night unlimited. Can anyone tell me why the line keeps getting disconnected at night? Previously it never got disconnected. It is impossible for anyone to stay up whole night and see that the connection is not dropped.

For this reason my utorrent downloads are getting delayed...:(

jack// ani

In the zone

yups...it happens with me too, though not quite often, but atleast once or twice a week. it turns out to be a big menace esp if your download...can't be resumed, like rapidshare. i turned nuts when last week...connection dropped when 100mb rapidshare download was about to finish!!!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

digitized said:
Hello, I am using scheduler for my downloads through dataone night unlimited. Can anyone tell me why the line keeps getting disconnected at night? Previously it never got disconnected. It is impossible for anyone to stay up whole night and see that the connection is not dropped.

For this reason my utorrent downloads are getting delayed...:(

jack// ani said:
yups...it happens with me too, though not quite often, but atleast once or twice a week. it turns out to be a big menace esp if your download...can't be resumed, like rapidshare. i turned nuts when last week...connection dropped when 100mb rapidshare download was about to finish!!!!
use a dial up coneection in this regard.
go to properties of dial up connection.
click on options tab & check "redial if line if dropped"
aslo u can change the the vaules to ur choice.

@serendipiti
they calc the usage on pro rate baises i.e for 3days it would be divided by 30
ex:for 30 days they charge=250 then,
for 3 days they charge
==>250/30 = 8.3 then for three days
==>8.3x3 = 25

Last edited:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

Man seriously do not opt for bsnl connection in ur lifetime...I am getting frequent disconnections for the broadband UL+ service...I complained them but they have no solution for it...Its just 6 days i started using broadband and it sucks man..I am switching to airtel after 2 months[minimum hire period]...for bsnl.I just hate BSNL

pop143

Journeyman

After 2 am , am unable 2 connect to bsnl.....router "link" led is not at all connecting...!

i hardly get a connection in the mornin 6 am. do any 1 know..is that bcoz of traffic or wot.? do any1 have the same problem.?

if i keep connected from 1am...and continue till next morning 9am...will my free surf hours be excluded from the bill..?? everybody here receiveing billing like that..?? can they successfuly distinguish and put the correct usage is the colum..??(bcoz for my h500 conn...its showing as h250, so i dont know the exclusion procedure, the server makes etc..)

please reply..!!

Bsnl Bband

Hi guys
I have a BSNL Home 500 Plan
I just bought it 1 month back
The Modem is Huawei MT841

The Link light in the modem Hardly comes!!!
Most of the time it just doesnt come at all or in rare cases it blinks
and after some time it becomes stable (Which is very rare)

Any Suggstions???

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Re: Bsnl Bband

I too got same modem with UL+ plan.
The status light shud be blinking and the adsl light shud be continous.This means the connection is proper...The link light glows only when there is some fault in the internet ..

Top Bottom