** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

all those who are having probs in checking usage in bsnl portal can u shaplus brandwith tools.it is working for me.

chaan

Broken In

Is there any SW to check the speed and useage of DATAONE other than BSNL's service records?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

ya u can go for du meter(paid)
www.dumeter.com

or ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter(free)
*www.shaplus.com/bandwidth-meter/index.htm

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Now I am facing another peculiar problem? Has BSNL updated their software? I am on home 500 (customer care and local exchange both confirmed the same), still the column on portal (Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited[For HOME 500/1000/1800/3300 plan only])) (extreme right side) is not showing 0 for usage between 2AM and 8AM, but the actual usage. Please see this screenshot. Has anyone faced this particular problem? Please help.

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/2594/dataoneerror2zo.th.jpg

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

^^^
u can say this to ur co & can demand a written confirmation from bsnl to be extra sure.

Last edited:

Impulser

Right off the assembly line

hey ,, for me the same problem occurs.. They have stopped showing the usage from 24th June 2006 ... Can anyone know the reason... And another doubt if i change the scheme .. when it will be activated and where can i check that on the dataone website...

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

digitized said:
Now I am facing another peculiar problem? Has BSNL updated their software? I am on home 500 (customer care and local exchange both confirmed the same), still the column on portal (Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited[For HOME 500/1000/1800/3300 plan only])) (extreme right side) is not showing 0 for usage between 2AM and 8AM, but the actual usage. Please see this screenshot. Has anyone faced this particular problem? Please help.

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/2594/dataoneerror2zo.th.jpg

U can take the printout and go to ur local exchange and verify it with records of ur exchange.Does u have applied for Plan change because in the portal it is showing that u r in start up plan and that's the reason it is not showing 0 usage.Had it been Home 500 or above it would definitely shown 0.
U can also check in which plan u r by clicking "user info" in the portal site.

I also faced this pro.My bill amount was Rs.10000 and it had calculated the night time usage.Then I took all the records and went to meet the AOTR of my local exchange and then it was confirmed that I was in Home 500 and the new revised bill is Rs.1000

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

This is regarding my last 2-3 posts and the problem I am facing. Now I am facing another peculiar problem (or solution to the above problem I should say). Now for the last 2 days, I am noticing that the my sessions from 2:08AM - 7:45AM is not shown at all, though the other usages in normal time are shown. Also they are not showing the total usage including night unlimited in the total usage column at the top. Seems like I found a solution. But I will meet the commercial officer to be sure.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

super fast BSNL
i applied for a plan change from home 500 to home 250 on 28 of this month.and surprisingly they changed it the next day itself(29).i thought that th'll change from 1st of next month.so i downlaoded half darna mana hai from net that night(550mb).
on 29 morning i checked my usage and and it was showing start up plan and dataone tool by shaplus also stoped excluding free time usage.i called them up they said they changed the plan that day only.i saw the time in bsnl portal as 7:50

now i am on home 250 plan.u guys all know that bsnl charges everything on pro rata bases.
so start up plan for 2 days would get a rental of 20rs(appox) and will get free mb of
26.6mb.so by rule i can transfer update 26.6 mb up & down. naything more than it this is charge able so for extra mb charged would be

550-27(appox)=523(net chargeable mb)
extra mb @1.40 per mb = 723Rs
and ppl that not all we have to add monthly rental of 500(home 500 rent)+20(home 250)+723(extra mb)

so my total bill come out to be 1243+tax:(
this is real bad. i am gonna change to airtel soon as it come sto my city

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Ya, I guess 250 plan does not have free bandwidth, so you cannot waste their bandwidth much. So they changed it super fast. The problem is when someone applies for the reverse, i.e. 250 to 500 to 900 unlimited, etc. They will happily downgrade very soon without customers' knowledge and without any lead time associated with them. You will download thinking you are stil in 500 and they will charge you based on 250. Me too waiting when airtel will come to my area, then I will switch immediately.

deadly_dude

Broken In
Can i temporarily discontinue my DATAONE Account??

Hey guys ,
i wanted to know whether i can temporarily disconnect my DATAONE connection for a few months as i will be out of town during the said period.....i dont want to completely remove the connection because i presume i will have to go through the installation process once again if i completely remove my account.....so can i just ask the BSNL authorities to suspend my DATAONE account for a few months??......or else i would have to unnecessarily pay rent for the said period of inactivity!!

take care,
deadly_dude

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: Can i temporarily discontinue my DATAONE Account??

I don't want to sound "rude" or "unfriendly" now.. but don't you think you can ask the same question to BSNL instead of asking to us? After all we might know abt this only if someone has some experience on this issue.

And dint you see the BSNL sticky in this section? Anyway no issues, I'll merge this thread after some time maybe tomorrow.

deadly_dude

Broken In
Re: Can i temporarily discontinue my DATAONE Account??

hey Dr.grudge,
you werent rude at all:p ....it's all good.....and i guess i overlooked the BSNL Sticky in this section.....my bad..:) .....and as to why i chose to ask the question here instead of BSNL authorities.....well for one thing......considering the experience of a common consumer in dealing with BSNL authorities....i didnt wanted to get lost in the system.....and secondly.....i was eventually going to ask BSNL authorities anyway.....but just thought to take a opinion here as i figured atleast one of the guys here might have had to face a similar situation at one time or the other!!
take care,
deadly_dude

PinKLip

Broken In

My connection was changed to H500 from H250 on 10th JUNE 06, the dataone portal shows my plan "Plan -HOME500 : Speed -256 Kbps". As july has started am I safe to use free time ??? I am too scared of BSNL huge bills. In june I have used only 390MBs only, not crossing the 400mbs limits of h250.
thanks

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Hey guys I'm a Bsnl DataOne user and I need your qick help I've been using HOME 500 Plane for last five months but my current service was showing as Speed 256 Kbps instead HOME 500: Speed - 256 Kbps but the billing was correct I had my 1gb limit and night unlimted facility with it. But now I've changed my plan to HOME UL 900 Plus I did it couple of days ago in june but It was still showing my plan as Speed 256 Kbps So I restricted myself not to cross 1gb utill July maybe then they'll change my plan and It'll appear on DataOne.in when I log on however I've confirmed that the plan has been changed from my local office in June and they said it takes some time to update their website. Now It's been couple of days even if they've changed my plan that I've seen by my own eyes when I log on to Dataone.in It still says Speed 256 Kbps what's that mean? Should it be HOME UL 900 Plus instead that? Or It just ok I'm asking because I'm still confused If I cross 1gb limit they'll charge me for that. Please help me regarding this. Attaching a pic that will let you know what I see when I log on.
*i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/kakaboora/CurrentService.jpg

serendipiti

Journeyman

I got my connection activated 2day.I am on Home 250 startup plan.But problem is I can't view my usage stats using the default username and password(using which i can connect without problem however).Also for asansol cud anyone tell what are the exact website address to which i need to go to check account usage and change default password etc.
Thanx!

Brave_Hunt said:
Hey guys I'm a Bsnl DataOne user and I need your qick help I've been using HOME 500 Plane for last five months but my current service was showing as Speed 256 Kbps instead HOME 500: Speed - 256 Kbps but the billing was correct I had my 1gb limit and night unlimted facility with it. But now I've changed my plan to HOME UL 900 Plus I did it couple of days ago in june but It was still showing my plan as Speed 256 Kbps So I restricted myself not to cross 1gb utill July maybe then they'll change my plan and It'll appear on DataOne.in when I log on however I've confirmed that the plan has been changed from my local office in June and they said it takes some time to update their website. Now It's been couple of days even if they've changed my plan that I've seen by my own eyes when I log on to Dataone.in It still says Speed 256 Kbps what's that mean? Should it be HOME UL 900 Plus instead that? Or It just ok I'm asking because I'm still confused If I cross 1gb limit they'll charge me for that. Please help me regarding this. Attaching a pic that will let you know what I see when I log on.
*i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/kakaboora/CurrentService.jpg

That's normal because the UL 900 Plan also has 256 kbps speed. Check out Service Order Records to confirm if you have the Unlimited Plan.

Top Bottom