** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

I am a user a BSNL BB and having home -500.I monthly had can which is unbelievably Rs.10000.But I have checked in portal as well as Dataone Bandwidth.I am giving u the no. Total 1.108GB(Excluding free time Usage).I am in real shock.

Please help me.what should I do next.Please reply.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

QwertyManiac said:
You need to configure your Router to connect to BB service... usually the help center ppl come and do it manually... there was a topic on how-to-do-that too, search :)

is u have a router from bsnl & has a dataone logo on it.u do not need to do it.there is something else wrong.that is why i told u register a complaint.as most of us have routerrs from bsnl only.if u have from outside.then

1) in any brower(can be iinternet explorer also):type 192.168.1.1 & enter usser id & password as admin
2)go to setup tab & select pvc0
3)select type as bridge
4)in Bridge setting on same page select its typre as LLC
5)In pvc settings enter VPI=0 VCI=35

if u have a router from bsnl also pls double check the values again

regards,
gary

chirayu garg

Journeyman

gary4gar said:
1) in any brower(can be iinternet explorer also):type 192.168.1.1 & enter usser id & password as admin
I have a bsnl router and I should type the above address while online or offline.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief

how can you be online? :? Use sense man, it connects to your router, just keep modem on and enter...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Today I applied for home 500 for my new landline number. I just double checked at the counter to be doubly sure inspite of the lady opposite to be very much irritated. Got the registration cum receipt too. However there is no mention of the plan in the same. They should mention it to avoid confusion. When I asked this same question to the counter, I was told that the registration number on the receipt contains the code for home 500. My regn no goes like ".../BB/H1/06-07/0250". I was told that H1 is the code for home 500. I also doube checked whether the last ...250 have any significance to the plan 250. But I was assured that I got 500.

How do I know that BSNL is not bluffing me this time?

Secondly, today is 17th. If I get my username, say on 25th, will I get the full qouta of 1.0GB for the remaining 5 days, or my qouta will be calculated on pro-rata basis,i.e. if for 30/31 days it is 1024MB, then for 5 days it will be 171MB roughly?

Please help. I do not want to be bluffed by BSNL this time.

PinKLip

Broken In

digitized said:
Today I applied for home 500 for my new landline number. I just double checked at the counter to be doubly sure inspite of the lady opposite to be very much irritated. Got the registration cum receipt too. However there is no mention of the plan in the same. They should mention it to avoid confusion. When I asked this same question to the counter, I was told that the registration number on the receipt contains the code for home 500. My regn no goes like ".../BB/H1/06-07/0250". I was told that H1 is the code for home 500. I also doube checked whether the last ...250 have any significance to the plan 250. But I was assured that I got 500.

How do I know that BSNL is not bluffing me this time?

Secondly, today is 17th. If I get my username, say on 25th, will I get the full qouta of 1.0GB for the remaining 5 days, or my qouta will be calculated on pro-rata basis,i.e. if for 30/31 days it is 1024MB, then for 5 days it will be 171MB roughly?

Please help. I do not want to be bluffed by BSNL this time.
Hi
See my post here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=253217#post253217
That may help you.
my qouta will be calculated on pro-rata basis
Ya on pro rata basis.
Thanks
PinKLip

Last edited:

pop143

Journeyman

hi
am using firefox 1.5 browser , when i login to the 10.240.16.195 , it says "sorry IE needed" wot to do guys? help me..i have even tried "IE tab" of IE engine extension in firefox..not working.

help me.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

@pop143
in this case u can use shaplus meter from *www.shaplus.com/dataone/index.htm

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

Now BitSoup bans BSNL Dataone IPs
*ashwinr.com/2006/06/18/now-bitsoup-bans-bsnl-dataone-ips/

Just want to know if anyone from Chennai can open Bitsoup or Bitme..

karthik88

Right off the assembly line

Does the Dataone plan require a BSNL telephone. I am using a reliance phone and have a Motorola Cable modem (I bought it). Now inorder to have BSNL broadband plans what shd I do? Apply for a new phone or can I simply apply for a broadband connection? And the BSNL people are deadly slow in giving connections. I live in attingal in Thiruvananthapuram. My friend applied for a BSNL phone connection some four years ago and haven't got it yet.

PinKLip

Broken In

pop143 said:
hi
am using firefox 1.5 browser , when i login to the 10.240.16.195 , it says "sorry IE needed" wot to do guys? help me..i have even tried "IE tab" of IE engine extension in firefox..not working.

help me.

try this *10.240.144.195/nonie_webLogin.jsp
I already posted it before, may be you missed that one.
Thanks
PinKLip

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

pop143 said:
hi

help me.
How is this a 'BSNL Dataone Related' query?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

aryayush said:
How is this a 'BSNL Dataone Related' query?
hey man he is making a effort to check use of bsnl dataone bb service that's way it it related to bsnl

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

karthik88 said:
Does the Dataone plan require a BSNL telephone. I am using a reliance phone and have a Motorola Cable modem (I bought it). Now inorder to have BSNL broadband plans what shd I do? Apply for a new phone or can I simply apply for a broadband connection? And the BSNL people are deadly slow in giving connections. I live in attingal in Thiruvananthapuram. My friend applied for a BSNL phone connection some four years ago and haven't got it yet.

In order to get a new dataone connection it is a must that you have a BSNL landline telephone. You can buy your own ADSL modem but the phone line is a must.

About late delivery, all I can tell you is that you have to be in touch constantly with them and remind them of your request. Otherwise if you leave the response to their discretion, then by default their response will be late. I have applied for new dataone connection last saturday and I will wait for 2-3 more days, and then will start pestering them on the phone. Otherwise, they will become more late.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz

Silly Data1 Site !!
*10.240.43.216/
When accesed by Opera [ Preference:Identify as opera]
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/6780/data1silly8wa.jpg

Works ok when Opera is asked to Identify itself as IE.. Stupidity Extreme!!!

MoreOver Last 4 months I'm using Data One Plan . Yet No Billing !!! :D

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Thor said:
Silly Data1 Site !!
*10.240.43.216/
When accesed by Opera [ Preference:Identify as opera]
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/6780/data1silly8wa.jpg

Works ok when Opera is asked to Identify itself as IE.. Stupidity Extreme!!!

MoreOver Last 4 months I'm using Data One Plan . Yet No Billing !!! :D
i think bsnl has taken money from ms for promatin of IE

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi!

I applied for Dataone in the previous november and they brought d modem a week ago.

After inserting the wire from walljack in the ADSL socket of modem they waited for the link light on the front panel to glow but it only flickered for few moments after a moment or two. Then they said that there is perhaps some problem in the exchange so it 'll work after two days. so i called them after three days then they again said that it will take two days. (The only glowing properly was the power light on the front panel of the modem. )

I'm totally confused. I just can't understand what the real problem is. Pls help.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief

Umm, when you apply for bb, they make changes to your phone connection at the exchange, perhaps they didnt make it, thats y no link yet.

chaan

Broken In

After inserting the wire from walljack in the ADSL socket of modem they waited for the link light on the front panel to glow but it only for few moments after....

You may be far away from BSNL exchange and so the resistance of copper wire will be high........
Solution: Use thick copper wire instead of ordinary telephone wire (or double the pair of telephone wires). There will not be any joints or looping before the Splitter. Try this and best of luck.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

^^^
u can tell them to chenge the wireing of ur phone, as in my case also i had same problem so the cahnged my wiring.

Top Bottom