** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
BSNL Takes on Private Broadband Operators by Offering 1500GB FUP Per Month

The most interesting thing in this is the best offer of a free email ID with international level storage capacity of 5 MB per ID!

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Just open a grievance at CPGRAMS-Home , make sure to include each and every details, including their ignorance about plans and speeds.
They run around like mad when there is pressure from above.(speaking from experience)

Dr. House

No Regrets
They are lying. 10 Mbps / 8 Mbps was made standard across all plans above 675 long back. In the first 3 months it was common for all plans. Later they made it Happy Browsing plan. Something seems off here.

Can you go to the exchange in person?
The biggest problem is if there is no happy browsing offer now, why the hell I am not getting 10 mbps speed for my initial 10GB. If line is fine and profile has been reset twice. What is the problem? :aaargh:

Dr. House

No Regrets
Just open a grievance at CPGRAMS-Home , make sure to include each and every details, including their ignorance about plans and speeds.
They run around like mad when there is pressure from above.(speaking from experience)
How much time it takes to get response from CPGRAMS?

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
How much time it takes to get response from CPGRAMS?
You can track the status and progress of your grievance online. In my case the case had been allotted to the concerned authority on the same day. They keep pushing the department against which the complaint has been made.

Dr. House

No Regrets
You can track the status and progress of your grievance online. In my case the case had been allotted to the concerned authority on the same day. They keep pushing the department against which the complaint has been made.
Today I reported that hope I get help and support by them. Thanks man! :)

Dr. House

No Regrets
UPDATE: I am getting 5.5 mbps speed now. As per my D-Link modem:

Line Rate :
Downstream Line Rate (Kbps): 6479
Upstream Line Rate (Kbps): 632

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Attainable Rate: is now 7460 kbps (prev 10,064 but speed less than 2 mbps)

The only thing that is bad is SNR 8 dB. Previously 20dB.
I thanked JTO and told this problem of poor SNR, he said after reseting profile the SNR decreases, it is common. Either you can get good speed or SNR as our system are old and not designed to provide high speed.

Last edited:

dilipcybex

Broken In
From what I see, they just need to set upstream and downstream rates properly. It can be easily done from exchange, if they want to. They are just being lazy.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It doesn't entirely look like that because attainable rate is low too. The line between exchange and house is not clear I guess. Chances of getting full speed seem to be low.

Even then present speed is still better than before.

Dr. House

No Regrets
It doesn't entirely look like that because attainable rate is low too. The line between exchange and house is not clear I guess. Chances of getting full speed seem to be low.

Even then present speed is still better than before.
So how does I use to get 8.5 mbps speed till April? When I was getting 2mbps SNR was 20 dB.

Dr. House

No Regrets
From what I see, they just need to set upstream and downstream rates properly. It can be easily done from exchange, if they want to. They are just being lazy.
He said this setting profile is done from Noida for all UP West towns. Not in their hands. I don't think he is being lazy as he visits my clinic time to time, a known person.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
He said this setting profile is done from Noida for all UP West towns. Not in their hands. I don't think he is being lazy as he visits my clinic time to time, a known person.
This is a lie. I am from Meerut and my profiling was changed from my local exchange.
I had the exact same problem. One night I was getting absolutely fine speed of 10mbps, and next morning it was 4mbps. There was no fault in line or cable. SNR was 5 and 6, attainable rate went down to 6mbps.
Only thing that needed to be done was the PORT changing. They needed to change the Port and speed was back to normal.
Attainable rate now is 28mbps, SNR is 25 and 30.
So ask them to change the port.
Also, how far is the exchange from your home?

Top Bottom