** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

THeExcelsior

Broken In
I think the BSNL exchange is closed for the day due to Kannada Raajyotsava. No reply from BSNL India on Facebook. But I came across this and I kid you not, there's a contest #fupbsnl where customers are suggested to post the screenshot of the FUP reached page on BSNL connections. No wonder customers are not speaking against Fair Usage Policies.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
BSNL Broadband Plans to Offer Initial Speeds of 10 Mbps and 8 Mbps from November 1, 2017
is this live?

meetdilip

Computer Addict
@THeExcelsior It won't be wise for you to bypass local exchange. In Bangalore, KR Puram, I applied for a connection as BSNL was my only choice. They didn't give connection for almost a month. I tried using one of those online forms. After that, they refused to give me connection at all. Obviously not happy because they got bypassed and got some instruction from top level.

Then, I took help of a friend who was an engineer with BSNL at some other location. He talked to the local office and got my connection through. As a revenge, that connection got useless in 3 days. Paid bills for a non working connection for around 6 months before disconnecting it.

I don't know what people say, bypassing local exchange is a very bad idea. Especially with BSNL.

THeExcelsior

Broken In
I went to the BSNL exchange, met the new JE. He's a newbie, I explained the poor condition of the internet line running to my house. Even he was not aware of the broadband plans. He told me that he'd resolve the issue soon.

He called in the afternoon and said that my house is too far to provide the 10Mbps bandwidth. I know that as well. But, my house has been where it is for more than a 135 years and that too in a well reputed area. BSNL covers most of the front page in newspapers that it is the only operator that provides pan-India service. But to BSNL, pan India somehow excludes my house.

The JE told me I can take this matter to court and overall he was pretty arrogant about the issue. I mean, if it isn't technically feasible to provide the advertised bandwidth, they shouldn't advertise pan-India reach in the first reach.

Also, I don't understand why it is perceived as acceptable to obtain 80% of the advertised bandwidth while we're expected to pay a 100%.
@sling-shot, @meetdilip I think I'm screwed if this bullshit is prevalent. Not only me, but every frustrated consumer.

Plus, BSNL is the only choice for broadband near me.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I went to the BSNL exchange, met the new JE. He's a newbie, I explained the poor condition of the internet line running to my house. Even he was not aware of the broadband plans. He told me that he'd resolve the issue soon.

He called in the afternoon and said that my house is too far to provide the 10Mbps bandwidth. I know that as well. But, my house has been where it is for more than a 135 years and that too in a well reputed area. BSNL covers most of the front page in newspapers that it is the only operator that provides pan-India service. But to BSNL, pan India somehow excludes my house.

The JE told me I can take this matter to court and overall he was pretty arrogant about the issue. I mean, if it isn't technically feasible to provide the advertised bandwidth, they shouldn't advertise pan-India reach in the first reach.

Also, I don't understand why it is perceived as acceptable to obtain 80% of the advertised bandwidth while we're expected to pay a 100%.
@sling-shot, @meetdilip I think I'm screwed if this bullshit is prevalent. Not only me, but every frustrated consumer.

Plus, BSNL is the only choice for broadband near me.
While theoretically you are correct, please be reasonable. There are physical and economical limits to provide a service.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Exactly. It's 2 mbps flat so wanted to know if there is any change or some other new plan has came out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

The plans have been updated on BSNL's site. It's still 2Mbps flat.
*www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html

THeExcelsior

Broken In
The person who rectifies line problems just came to my house. I told him that the problem could be in the line and that signal is degrading too much. He fixed the line to a certain extent.
*beta.speedtest.net/result/6757534356.png
-After line rectification.

The line stats have improved only just, but improved nonetheless.
Screenshot (61).png
The attenuation has decreased by 20dB. I was careful in wording with the line man. He was pretty respectful and not like the new JE at the BSNL office the other day.
The line man told me that there was another technician coming from the next town and would have him look at the problem.

I personally don't think it's going to get much better than this, but I'm overall pleased by the fact that the complaint I've had for the past 4 years is finally being looked at.
The new JE, when I met him the other day didn't speak much in front of us. He was barely 3-4 years older than I. I didn't like the way he spoke to my father over the phone. The line man was much elder and was perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another thing you might do is check for rust/dust on connectors & ports(modem/ADSL splitter etc). Ideally all the pins on connectors & inside ports should be golden or at least yellow with some shine.To avoid issues due to moisture(which causes rust) it is recommended to keep modem/ADSL splitter on table/above ground to avoid water contact due to cleaning of floors/windows etc.During winter in north India,dew can accumulate on metallic parts even inside room so check for rust etc more frequently in that season.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
This is a good news for us, BSNL is slowly and steadily reforming itself.
Today on our daily newspaper "ANANDABAZAR PATRIKA" (Bengali daily) this was given :--->
*imageshack.com/a/img924/9628/zejSAt.jpg
*imgur.com/a/cm8Hm

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^I think it is for Pan India Circle.Not only relegated to Calcutta Telephones.
BSNL broadband holders, REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob::hyper:

Shall undertake decision to revert back to BSNL Broadband after some time.
Meanwhile,satisfied with "ALLIANCE BROADBAND"...

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, help me out. I have the ULD 795 plan, all I get is flat 2 Mbps speed. Even before this upgradation to 10 Mbps I didn't get the 4 Mbps for 30-40 gb each month, just flat 2 Mbps.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom