** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In the present day, I don't think there are any significant number of encryption incapable clients out there. Practically less than 5%.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not what I was saying.Encryption is ok,"forced encryption" is not.If you simply use encryption,you can connect to both,those using encryption like you & those not using encryption.Forced encryption means only those also using forced encryption can connect to you.Also just because a client is capable doesn't mean people are using encryption as by default encryption is off in all major torrent clients(case in point,op here also never felt the need to use encryption before,in fact he wasn't even aware about it).

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
If I remember correct, encryption is set to either by default. So such clients can connect to both those which require encryption as well as those which do not require.

When you set your client to encryption only mode, you still connect to peers with forced encryption as well as either mode peers. You will miss only the very old clients that cannot use encryption at all.

In practice that is a very limited number in my experience.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Just now, I have installed qBittorrent v3.3.13.

In Settings > BitTorrent there are 3 options default being 'prefer encryption'.

I personally recommend that it be set to 'require encryption '.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
'Prefer Encryption' vs 'Require Encryption'
Require connection = you connect only to peers with encryption.
Prefer encryption = you put encrypted peers as higher priority, but you still connect to both when needed.

Disable encryption = you make yourself a low priority for people with preferred-encrypted clients to connect to, and people who require it will block you.

Therefore, you should go with prefer, as it gives you the highest amount of possible peers, both encrypted and unencrypted.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I understand the terms. What I am saying is that the number of peers you lose by forcing encryption is very low in today's environment.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can you say that?By default uTorrent has encryption off & that by itself constitutes a majority of users.Also why do you insist on forced encryption when it has nothing better to offer compared to prefer encryption option.Only scenario in which forced encryption is better than prefer encryption is when ISP is very aggressive about torrent(& using quite a bit of expensive hardware for firewalling torrent traffic) which again is very unlikely in India especially by BSNL/govt ISP which has to put out tenders to buy anything even remotely expensive after getting approval from senior bureaucrats who might not even be knowing the difference between torrent & website.

Fubar

----------------------
Please suggest replacement of BSNL DNA-A201BEI type 1 modem. I would like to purchase immediately.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My suggestion is tplink w8968 but go through the reviews on flipkart & amazon for your own satisfaction.If wireless is not required or budget is strictly ~1k then get a wired modem from tplink,dlink with good rating/reviews.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Yes.

But my bad luck is that my line is going dead every other day since around May 20 and no internet for 1 month now.

Complained but they say we will try our best but as the line running to my area is very old and under a big water pipe now they are unable to do much.

Probably will have to look for cable guys.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
So, can anyone confirm if they are getting 2 Mbps post fup?
Because if that's the case I'll have to change my plan immediately.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
So, can anyone confirm if they are getting 2 Mbps post fup?
Because if that's the case I'll have to change my plan immediately.

It is an official announcement. You will get it for sure.

Day before at the exchange when I went to complain, they confirmed that my 675 plan will get me 2 Mbps unlimited.

With BSNL usually you will get the promised speed unless there is a problem with the wires or some server misconfiguration.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
As long as BSNL keeps the idiotic + nonsense FUP in their Plans,I am not going to revert back.
I had kept my BSNL landline though, as "GENERAL INDIA" Plan.

Only bid adieu to Broadband.
Options open for Future if I see an optimal yet BEST Plan for cost + bandwidth + No FUP.
Then only shall I undertake BSNL Broadband once again.

Now I could Download + Surf at my Hearts content through ALLIANCE CABLE BROADBAND ,(True Unlimited + NULL FUP + 12MBps Bandwidth)with the PRIME+ Plan.:hyper::emoji_ok_hand::emoji_laughing:

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Man, then they should have given 4 Mbps unlimited for 1199 plan.(or at least around 100GB FUP)
Because right now 1199 for 30GB just doesn't make sense.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Man, then they should have given 4 Mbps unlimited for 1199 plan.(or at least around 100GB FUP)
Because right now 1199 for 30GB just doesn't make sense.

That is the problem of BSNL.
They never ever care to show an empathy on the customers.

Top Bottom