** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Man, then they should have given 4 Mbps unlimited for 1199 plan.(or at least around 100GB FUP)
Because right now 1199 for 30GB just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
It will probably go up in future. Baby steps.

This all started with comminssioning of their New Generation Network.

They gave 2 Mbps for 1 GB for all at first. This was the stress test phase.
Then they made 1 Mbps minimum. 2nd phase.
Now they made 2 Mbps for 675+ plans. Third phase.

You could probably expect something better later on.

But right now, people who live in cities with other options are not the customers these plans are targeted at. I think that will arrive in future.

I am happy that at least they decided to move on from 512 Kbps standard finally.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
They don't need to. In most places, they are the only providers. Biggies concentrate only on high density city areas.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
2Mbps unlimited?

Edit: just read about it online. So my 1199 plan is obsolete now. I'm paying 500 Rs extra just for 25GB of 4mbps data. What a joke!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
I applied for plan change today via selfcare portal.
I was using 1199 for 2mbps. Now that has become obsolete, there is no point in staying there.
I don't think they have plans to go flat 4mbps.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am on 675 plan now. According to BSNL Android application I have used 18577 MB upto now. (How many GB is it?) I am still getting 400+ KBps speed.

This plan is supposed to have FUP of 5 GB.

There is something odd about the connection because my upstream bandwidth is being shown as 493 Kbps and downstream as 3999 Kbps while I was expecting it to be 512/4098.

harry10

Gadgets freak
So, I am on 499 plan. 2mbps till 2gb and then flat 1mbps.
But, this month as soon as 2 gb got over I got a message that you will be getting 2mbps speed for the whole month as a special offer. Any idea why is that ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Usually after using FUP we get message and we have a choice to accept or decline. But this month I didn't have that option, instead "Happy Browsing" is the only option. I ignored, but I couldn't browse and I had to choose that option. Here is the snapshot of that page

BSNL July free upgrade (1).jpg

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Usually after using FUP we get message and we have a choice to accept or decline. But this month I didn't have that option, instead "Happy Browsing" is the only option. I ignored, but I couldn't browse and I had to choose that option. Here is the snapshot of that page

View attachment 16952
Strangely I haven't seen that prompt this month at all!

And in place of a minimum 5 SMS per month saying that I have crossed my FUP, I have not seen a single message this month yet.

I think they have issues with their backend, so to cover it up they have blindly given everyone full speed.

Reactions: nac

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
So, I am on 499 plan. 2mbps till 2gb and then flat 1mbps.
But, this month as soon as 2 gb got over I got a message that you will be getting 2mbps speed for the whole month as a special offer. Any idea why is that ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I suspect that they are having trouble controlling your speed and said *uck it!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I think this special offer from BSNL only for this month is for Online GST registration for Traders...This small initiative from the Government to ease the process.

If it is Jio Effect then they declare for 3 months at least.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
BSNL is giving that no-fup speed for this month. It is better to change plan/stay at BBG Combo Uld 675 as of now.

Getting 4mbps this month full. :bananana:

Flash

Lost in speed
BSNL is giving that no-fup speed for this month. It is better to change plan/stay at BBG Combo Uld 675 as of now.

Getting 4mbps this month full. :bananana:
Can we change the BB plan via customer care (also via selfcare) or we've to submit a form as like old times?

meetdilip

Computer Addict
There was udaan.bsnl.in which used to give this service.

If not, you will have to give a written application. I am not sure whether self care portals still offer them.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Can we change the BB plan via customer care (also via selfcare) or we've to submit a form as like old times?
I applied through selfcare portal. They sent me an e-mail saying it should take 4-5 days. After 4-5 days I contacted cc (1500). After many attempts to get a valid response, cc confirmed that online plan change requests doesn't work or takes 3-4 MONTHS.

So I had to go to exchange and write the request in.

So much for digital India.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
The main problem with BSNL is that they have a very huge user base. So, any tiny increase in speed for plans is going to affect them greatly. Plus, many networks leech their infrastructure.

Top Bottom