** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That's so lazy of them, might be due to online application...I applied at 2pm from exchange office and it was activated by 5pm in the evening...Contact exchange office, and see if they have received the application....

i think i know why they aren't interested in giving me the broadband connection. i don't have a land-line connection :facepalm:

they asked me to apply for a land-line first and then for the broadband :mad:

anyways, I was thinking of applying for Reliance Broadband instead, thunder 1099 plan looks good. suggestions anybody?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The plan which you chose is it not a combo plan?
If it is a combo plan you need not apply for a separate landline connection.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The plan which you chose is it not a combo plan?
If it is a combo plan you need not apply for a separate landline connection.

I chose BBG Combo ULD 900 plan but still they are asking me to get a land-line connection first.

nobody is replying from CC whether i call 1504 or 1800 345 1504. :mad:

Edit: will call the assigned team leader today.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
That seems odd. The purpose of a combo plan is to eliminate the need for a separate landline connection / application. May be the local exchange people have a different policy to increase the number of landline connections. My uncle is in BSNL. Will enquire and get back to you.
----------
Sorry. It is like you have to apply for landline but then while you select your plan go for combo. That is how it is.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That seems odd. The purpose of a combo plan is to eliminate the need for a separate landline connection / application. May be the local exchange people have a different policy to increase the number of landline connections. My uncle is in BSNL. Will enquire and get back to you.
----------
Sorry. It is like you have to apply for landline but then while you select your plan go for combo. That is how it is.

Thanks, but the application procedure (given at *www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/landline/telephone_new.html ) is PITA. :(

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys I have a new problem with my broadband after disconnection got fixed. I get attenuation of 16db during morning and it drops to 9 db during evening. Pings to my city got higher @ night. Video streaming and browsing get sick during night. Yesterday it took 5 minutes to load gmail. I use BSNL type 4 modem (the one with one usb type and one Ethernet port)
Speed test taken now *img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/13/e2e2uhum.jpg

I'm on ul800

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
talked to the assigned team leader. he told that the line man of may area is on a vacation and they'll contact me as soon as the line man returns and submits his evaluation report about the phones lines here. Now, i hope that doesn't takes more than 3-4 days.

amjath

Human Spambot
Update to my issue: modem restarted 6 times or so and now the download speed is normal. Why is this happening??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] higher the snr(15 or above) & lower the attn(45 or lower),better it is.by modem restart if you mean modem power restart then it is power related issue but if you mean the adsl sync light goes off & then comes back on after blinking for a minute then most likely it is due to low snr.

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] higher the snr(15 or above) & lower the attn(45 or lower),better it is.by modem restart if you mean modem power restart then it is power related issue but if you mean the adsl sync light goes off & then comes back on after blinking for a minute then most likely it is due to low snr.

its the latter issue, i just changed he adapter. First I apologise that instead of saying SNR i said Attenuation. its the SNR .

*i.imgur.com/hGdRwbl.png

now its 16.6db at night it goes down to ~9

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
snr issue can be due to many reasons.only way to make sure the line is alright is by physically inspecting every cut,joint & connector.before that try changing your adsl mode to auto(if not set) in advanced adsl settings.if it is set to auto then try connecting phone line directly to modem without splitter at night to see if it makes any difference.if still no success then you have to inspect for rusting/dust on all the connectors(modem,splitter,phone box) & joints in your phone line.

amjath

Human Spambot
snr issue can be due to many reasons.only way to make sure the line is alright is by physically inspecting every cut,joint & connector.before that try changing your adsl mode to auto(if not set) in advanced adsl settings.if it is set to auto then try connecting phone line directly to modem without splitter at night to see if it makes any difference.if still no success then you have to inspect for rusting/dust on all the connectors(modem,splitter,phone box) & joints in your phone line.
will see what happens today. also my line is directly connected.
Edit: SNR dropped again. why it is dropping at the particular time.
*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/13/eqa4usa5.jpg

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if line is directly connected then use splitter.without going into details sometimes a splitter works better than directly connected line & sometimes not.

amjath

Human Spambot
if line is directly connected then use splitter.without going into details sometimes a splitter works better than directly connected line & sometimes not.
I did a manual reboot and it back to normal. yesterday I did it from router page no changes. Current SNR is ~12 now. Is my modem faulty??

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys even i am having the same problem of restart.My DSL line keeps restarting every now and then and its unusable in the night,its happening for like 1 week from now.I can't play any online games because the moment i start the game after 10-15 mins it will restart.sometimes it works whole day with out any problem.Its just the DSL line which keeps getting disconnected and it comes back within 5-10secs.I am using TP link WR740N wifi router in bridge mode with speedtouch 546 v6 modem.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check both snr values are not below 15.keep refreshing modem stats page every 10-15 seconds to notice any wide fluctuation in snr values.do this with & without splitter.

Top Bottom