** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

hello guys forgive me if its the wrong section

i have my friend's old BSNL modem, its "AN1020-21 ADSL2+" type
i am planning to take local internet connection (not bsnl)

so will i able to set the above modem with my local internet connection so i could use the internet over my pc and phone simulteneously ?

i would be greatful if anyone can provide some guides

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
driver for modem is only needed if you connect it using usb port & not lan port(some old bsnl modems used to have this option of connecting through usb port as well as lan port).in your connection type settings see if there is an option to select dynamic ip without selecting pppoe.however first don't do anything & simply insert cable lan wire into 1st lan port & connect your pc to another lan port & it may work too.

systemwizard

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am trying to configure TP-Link modem with BSNL connection with the following parameters. However the DSL Connects , the internet does not. Can anyone please help me with the same.

Link : *i.imgur.com/BLaTQsS.jpg

Regards,
Vikram

dummydave

Broken In
guys wanted to know which is better plan of bsnl bb

UL 525 or FN 600(night unlimited)..wanted to know about actual download speed we get and

for night plan how can i schedule the downloads ,like do i need to restart the modem at 2am or jus start download at 2 and stop at 8

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
UL 525 is a bad plan for downloading.get FN600(night unlimited) & start download at ~2:06AM(every decent download manager & torrent software can do this) & stop at ~7:55AM.assuming no download restrictions(like free users from sites like filefactory) average download speed is ~215KB/s.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
guys wanted to know which is better plan of bsnl bb

UL 525 or FN 600(night unlimited)..wanted to know about actual download speed we get and

for night plan how can i schedule the downloads ,like do i need to restart the modem at 2am or jus start download at 2 and stop at 8

schedule uTorrent to wake the PC from sleep at 2.5am and schedule a shutdown at 7.55am.

details here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/broadband-dth/166962-bsnl-combo500-night-unlimited-automation.html

theres a link inside that thread. check that too..

and with good torrents, you will get the full 250kBps speed. amounts to ~4.5GB of dl from 2-8AM.

dummydave

Broken In
ohk..thanx alot mates..

But m still confused about modem..i have tp link w8968..i will have to keep it on or it will require reboot at 2am or there is any scheduler for modem too
so that i ll start it and sleep and then @ 2 it will restart so that it would count in free download period

kindly help me with dat also

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^those were old times.now-a-days bsnl billing system is much more accurate.just start download at ~2:05AM & stop at ~7:55AM,no need to reboot modem.in fact i can confirm that at least in my region bsnl correctly detect download between 7:59AM & 8:01AM & will not count download from 7:59-8:00AM(earlier it was not so).

@Topgear,in your modem stats check data rate(below snr & attn).for a 2mbps connection it is set to 2048kbps & you will get average speed of ~205KBps on torrent & download managers.however if your data rate is set to 4096kbps then you will get average speed of ~235KBps on torrent & download managers.earlier my data rate was set to 2048kbps & i used to get same speeds as you but recently it has been increased to 4096kbps resulting in increased download speed.this value is set by local exchange & only way to increase this value in my experience is by applying for any bsnl 4mbps plan for a month & then changing back to usual 2mbps plan next month.bsnl people usually don't decrease this value after increasing it once so you now get increased download speed.other way is if there is some upgradation/testing going on at local exchange(like for IPTV) & they increase everybody's data rate but this is not in your hand.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Hi,

I am trying to configure TP-Link modem with BSNL connection with the following parameters. However the DSL Connects , the internet does not. Can anyone please help me with the same.

Link : *i.imgur.com/BLaTQsS.jpg

Regards,
Vikram
Did you check with bsnl guys ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My data rate is set to 1999 Kbs [ Downstream ] and I really don't want to change plan so there's not much to do I guess.

R2K

In the Zone
I'm using BB Home Combo ULD 650 plan which is 512 kbps till 4 GB and then 256 kbps after. At the begining of march I got 512 kbps and used up the 4 GB in like 2 days itself :D . Then it got back to 256 kbps. But from today after 12 PM I noticed that the speed is back to 512 kbps again. Is it just me or others are also seeing this miracle :D

Top Bottom