** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

go4saket

Well well well, got a lot of information after having a rough look through this complete thread. Now, as I just got my BB connection yesterday, I still have a few doubts... Plz help.

1. As I got my connection on 26th Nov, will my billing cycle of BB be 26 to 26 or will it be divided on pro rata basis and cycle will continue from 1st to 1st. I asked the same from the guy who came here for the connection and he said that its going to be 26 to 26, but I am not convinced.

2. Can I log on using some one else's user id and password. If yes, will the download size reflect in his account or still in my account. Moreover, what is the use of special telephone numbers then. By just using thir modem and anyones user id and password, you can have a BB connection for your self. Please clearify...

3. What is all about unlimited transfers for 250 Plan. As I have a 250 Plan, does that mean I can download any amount of data anytime...

Please guide...

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
ya even i need that piece of info tht saket is askin for

i got my con on 26th

so how does the cycle go 1st to 1st

or 26th to 26th

my telephone bill cycle goes from 1st to 1st
if it is 1st to 1st then how will the usage charges for november be ....???

tht is the use for 4 days
can i use the full 1gb (i am plan-500)
or are there any restrictions???

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Even i got the connection on 21 Sep, & i was charged full 500+ the modem charges. So,better get ready for some exclamation marks!!!!!!! :!: :!:

go4saket

Hello guys! I just got it confirmed from a BSNL officer here and according to him the billing cycle will always be from 1st to 1st. If we get a connection anywhere in between the month, the monthly rental as well as the download limit shall be divided on pro rata basis.

KAI

Right off the assembly line
Ok I've a problem whenever I try to change the passowrd Internet Expl. shows the error page .

vinu

Right off the assembly line
how to check the account in dataone broadband? how i know that i had used how much mb?

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Suppose you get the connection at 21 of a month, you will definitely get the maximun limit benefit fort those 10 days, as you will be fully charged for that month!!
PS: Aren't we charged only for the data usage shown by shaplus on disabling mixed usage & free usage? :?

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Free DATAONE Broadband Internet from BSNL for 2 months...

BSNL is giving a free trial of their dataone broadband fro a period of 60 days... No charges applied.Cant find a link in bsnl site but this is a calcuttetelephones site link.lTake a look

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/broadfreeoffer/bbfreesave/freebbweb.html

Plz report me back if u guys find a bsnl site link..i'll edit my post.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
thx for the link dude !!!

that clears a lot of doubts from the air !!!!!!!!!!

afterall by free they mean only rentals ,and not the downloads

hopefully the site u refered to is official and reliable !!!!!!!

but i must add ur should have been here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30895&highlight=

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
@drgrudge

Can you give me the headline of this day's newspaper's headline that said the cracking news.I'll search for it on the hindu website.Also please do mention the section where the report was published.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
why go through papers drgrudge did a copy/paste of that article and put it on his blog

see this : *ashwinr.wordpress.com/2005/11/26/bsnl-dataone-unlimited-transfers-for-home-250/

bsnl broadband requirements

i want a new bsnl broadband connection (rs. 250 plan)
please tell me the what new hardware i require, some card? some new modem(i hav 56k modem)
also tell the cost please

is that true bsnl is offering 60 days trial offer ?

con_tester

Journeyman
60 Day trial offer,,, Yepp thats true.
Modem cost 1200 for me if you buy that from BSNL.
56 kbps modem wont work.(Phew... everyone ask this question from me).
Usb port needed.
Ethernet port can also do the work.

I think this thread should go to general sections dataone sticky thread.
Still I m not reporting.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
I knew all of that! Anything extra i would want to know is... can i get that modem from anywhere else? I mean for cheaper? And does BSNL support that kinda' stuff?

con_tester

Journeyman
Its clearly stated in their broadband application form that you can get modem from anywhere u like.But I think BSNL's Modem is cheaper than those available in market.
And BSNL support that stuff to.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
con_tester said:

now my modem malfucntioned 3 times... & they have change it 3 times without any cost...

what should i say this... their advantage or disadvantage??

as

+ point... yes.. they r supporting there product for sure...

- point... man 3 time?? & all those time i had to wait for few days (4 to 5) for the new modem to arive...

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta said:
con_tester said:

now my modem malfucntioned 3 times... & they have change it 3 times without any cost...

what should i say this... their advantage or disadvantage??

as

+ point... yes.. they r supporting there product for sure...

- point... man 3 time?? & all those time i had to wait for few days (4 to 5) for the new modem to arive...

Yepp !!

Now that is really cool! I will definitely buy the modem from them on ur account. But, here my friends have it... and nothing went wrong with theirs. The only thing.... they were all from the BSNL too.

I will probably wait a few weeks more for the broadband. TELL YOU WHAT.... IT IS GONNA GET REAL CHEAP NOW!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THAT's whats called COOOOOLLLLL 8) 8) 8) 8)

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
vijay_7287 said:
thx for the link dude !!!

that clears a lot of doubts from the air !!!!!!!!!!

afterall by free they mean only rentals ,and not the downloads

hopefully the site u refered to is official and reliable !!!!!!!

but i must add ur should have been here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30895&highlight=

Yes its reliable.... coz its the official site of calcuttatelephones

Top Bottom