** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

whim_gen

Journeyman
Well,if ur mobo doesnt come with a built in Ethernet port,u should buy a LAN card.
A decent LAN card would be Realtek or D-Link .Should cost you at the max Rs.400
Also,if you plan to use USB modem from BSNL Dataone,U shud ask your dealer to get you a USB Card (ie a PCI card with USB ports)..shud cost you max Rs.300

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
USB ports will be in default in 97.9954646546% of the PCs, nowadays even ethernet/LAN card comes in default.

LAN crad costed only rs. 175 (this feb when I got mine; Realtek)

So you can go for USB/LAN modem depending on your requirements and what you have in your PC installed.
Regarding modem purchase, visit:
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm#Modem on Outright purchase:

kato

Karthiksn
in my opinion go for lan card as by judging by ur mobo i can tell its old and USB is 1.x or sumthing.
And for LAN card the hassle is very less too

kato

Karthiksn
cosx have u yet purchased ur bsnl dataone or u just want its hardware requirements. So if not and if u are going for a scheme choose the 500 bucks scheme the other one (250 bucks) is waste

@drgrudge now i get it u are using one of those extensions for browser

Retro

Journeyman
Re: hardware?

cosx said:
Which 'NEW' hardwares i shoud buy? And what will be the price of them?(I dont want to rent any hardware)
Just a note, you can't install BSNL Broadband. You are only connecting to it

You have to buy a Modem and 10/100MBPS Lan Card. The former will be provided by BSNL itself @ Prices Ranging from 1200-2000, and you can choose the modem you like. The latter could be bought by you at any comp store and will have to plugged in a USB Port.

elumalai

Broken In
many a times, i am online. bsnl, dataone, and ofcourse thinkdigit.com/forum everything works fine. but yahoomail, gmail and many other sites r not. do anybody face problems like these.

or is my computer hacked, affected by virus????
somebody help. thank u

Regards,
Elumalai.

kato

Karthiksn
Re: hardware?

Retro said:
cosx said:
Which 'NEW' hardwares i shoud buy? And what will be the price of them?(I dont want to rent any hardware)
Just a note, you can't install BSNL Broadband. You are only connecting to it

You have to buy a Modem and 10/100MBPS Lan Card. The former will be provided by BSNL itself @ Prices Ranging from 1200-2000, and you can choose the modem you like. The latter could be bought by you at any comp store and will have to plugged in a USB Port.

Hey retro r u saying that LAN card is connected by ur USB then that is wrong or else wat u mean is that u can connect the modem by LAN card or USB for such Type I modem is used

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
It has been raining quite heavily in my place, now do anyone experience a slight fall in the BW? Or maybe my torrents health was not good enough :|

Charley

Just Do It
I have friends [2] logins and passwords for DATAONE

How do i use the other ids and passwords with my existing one. I mean I want to remove the existing one and add the new one[its my friends account].

Can I do it or not? :)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
you can do it in the router admin page.

type 192.168.1.1 in your browser.
use admin/admin as username/password.

Change your username/password in WAN Settings page.

Charley

Just Do It
desertwind said:
you can do it in the router admin page.

type 192.168.1.1 in your browser.
use admin/admin as username/password.

Change your username/password in WAN Settings page.

m8,

have u tried it any time using someone else id. I want to confirm as I shouldnt face any probs later. :)

<< Cheers >>

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
achacko@dataone.in said:
have u tried it any time using someone else id. I want to confirm as I shouldnt face any probs later. :)
<< Cheers >>

No i havent tried with any other ids. but used to hack some other settings offlate. and if anything goes wrong, you can always go there and change it to yours. but dont change anything that ur unsure about. and all at your own risk.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gifif you want me to check with gimme ur id/pass. i'll confirm *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Charley

Just Do It
desertwind said:
No i havent tried with any other ids. but used to hack some other settings offlate. and if anything goes wrong, you can always go there and change it to yours. but dont change anything that ur unsure about. and all at your own risk.

The cust care said I cannot use another id on my telephone line. I guess then , it wont work. :(

raj14

In Deniel
BSNL recently replaced their Serves to Avoid id Theft Achako, it's illegal to use another person's DataOne id. smiliar to VSNL's Dial Up, were the requested account can only be dialed from a specific number so avoid id theft.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
using another dataone id on ur telephone line(thru which u have ur broadband connection) is perfectly possible.

I used my frnd's id from my line , that too when he was already logged on to the net thru his id , so two users online at the sametime with one id.

Top Bottom