** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

upendra_gp

In the zone
i have a strange prob.my modem connects and DSL remains on. but wen i try to connect thr dialing connection(i have configured bridging)it says remote computer didn't respond. i have to try several times before it actually connects. PLEASE HELP!

srbharadwaj

Broken In
@srbharadwaj:

Does it disconnect and blink after you have connected?
You are not going to hear any disturbance, the net signal operates at a higher freq than at what voice data is sent on ph line.

What do you mean by "Does it disconnect and blink after you have connected?" it dos'nt connect at all just keeps blinking and then goes off after some time again keeps blinking.....normally when it connects properly the DSL link and Internet link is 'ALWAYS ON' :(:(

Pls help what could be the problem

I meant whether the link led on modem continued to blink after your disconnection from the net.
IMO you have got a bad line i.e. there is some fault in the line that is degrading signal quality, get it checked by BSNL.

sankalpkulkarni

Right off the assembly line
try to chk ur connt in the cmd promt using the "ping (ip addr)" cmd
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
can anyone recommend a good unlimited plan for me in bangalore.i want to go for dataone

depends upon ur budget and usage of net everyday

Last edited:

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
I would like to know any good unlimited plans from BSNl
Is th 500Rs plan(night unlimited) cheapest from BSNL?

I am currrently using 250Rs 1 GB....Plz help

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hi all..

today in my home i got BB home 1350 conextion type 2 modem ..

the speed i got on speedtest is around 430 kbps..

i tried different timess.. i get around that speed only..

does switching on the wifi in the modem will rduce the speed...

and how to max the speed..

please can anyone give me good configuration deatils.. on which to switch on which to switch off...like

gDMT
G Lite
ADSL2
ADSL2+

these option..

i had dataone in chennai .. that time i came across these things.. thats why i am asking..

can anyone help ..

i want to get max out of this connection..

pease help me guys..

an i also want to secure the wifi connection ..

how to do..

i have 4 ethernet ports.. how to configure them so as to connect mmy laptop , my ro`s lap and ps3 ( wwifi )

manishjha18

In the zone
Chargeable Units (KB)
Excluding Night Unlimited---486431--
i am using 500 with 1.5 GB free download and upload limit--
so have i crossed the limit or i still have (1.5 GB-0.4 GB )bandwidth left for surfing during daytime.please confirm it or i will be screwed
Posted again:
Chargeable Units (KB)
Excluding Night Unlimited---486431--
i am using 500 with 1.5 GB free download and upload limit--
so have i crossed the limit or i still have (1.5 GB-0.4 GB )bandwidth left for surfing during daytime.please confirm it or i will be screwed

Last edited:

go4saket

I have a 500 Combo plan where the speed as declared by BSNL is 256 Kbps to 2 Mbps i.e. 32 KBps to 256 KBps. Whenever I download anything, my speed keeps between 195-205 KBps. Is there any way/trick by which I can further boost the speed, pushing it to 256 KBps.

(rant)BSNL is A POS company .Its going to be over a month now with me calling those imbeciles almost every other day and still my broadband(haha wtf I never get proper speeds) connection is not fixed.Hope the damn company goes underground.

Maxfx

Broken In
I want to share my broadband connection between 3 PCs all runnig vista (No Service Pack) how do i do it? I have got modem from BSNL Which is of TYPE-B(4 LAN & Wi-Fi, Model SL2_141).
I visited the following link but it didnt help
Step 9 is misguiding when I clik edit i get the page with"ATM PVC Configuration
"
Link-*www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mu10.html[/URL]

I am using Home 500 Plan that requires me to enter Username and Password to connnect to the internet. I want that users connected to this modem to get connected to the internet without the need of entering any detail including myself.

Last edited:
you have to set the modem/router to ppoe connection(AFAIK this is what's it called).try google, most probably someone has a guide out on how to do it,if that doesn't help try guides for other modem types like huawei 841 or zxdsl 531b.hope it helps.

Maxfx

Broken In
I found the solution for sharing the net connection those who are interested may visit this page

*mydataone.net/router/wa3002g4.html

Top Bottom