** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

srbharadwaj

Broken In
The DSL link on my modem keeps blinking and hence i'am unable to connect to the net for the past 2-3 days....normally the DSL links blinks for a few secs whn we switch on the modem and then stabilizes and connects to the net......whn i called the CC they said may be the telephone wire had some disturbance but when we use the phone there absolutely no disturbance...what could be the problem???

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
So far I had absolutely no problems in accessing yahoo.com, which is my home page.For the last four days however it does not open most of the time. Most other sites do open and there is absolutely no problem.
I know that there is definitely a problem at BSNL end though I have no definite clue whatsoever as to what exactly it could be.I guess this problem arises when they route data through a particular route since at other times there is absolutely no problem.I got this clue when the "VisualRoute 2008" program which plots the various intermediate nodes from start to end indicated that the route for a particular site has changed from what it was before and the present route has more data loss.

I have also noted that during the past four five days there are times when no websites will open though PPPoE connection is established.At those times the only website I can access is the dataone portal where I can check the service records.

I do not call the call center guys as they are absolute fools and I will only be increasing my blood pressure.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem of yahoo.com not opening most of the time and intermittent connectivity loss though PPPoE connectivity is alright?

Last edited:

andy_65_in

Padawan
Im using paln 250 bsnl since a year. latelt since the last 3 months i cant stream videos fron youtube etc -they are jerky.what could be the problem

@srbharadwaj:
The DSL link on my modem keeps blinking and hence i'am unable to connect to the net for the past 2-3 days....normally the DSL inks blinks for a few secs whn we switch on the modem and then stabilizes and connects to the net......whn i called the CC they said may be the telephone wire had some disturbance but when we use the phone there absolutely no disturbance...what could be the problem???

Does it disconnect and blink after you have connected?
You are not going to hear any disturbance, the net signal operates at a higher freq than at what voice data is sent on ph line.

@Ponmayilal:Yeah I get this problem with google ,wikipedia etc (using PPOE) sometimes but it is the fault of BSNL(DNS server) ,but many times there is no connectivity loss and other sites open fine.Get them to check your line for any problem, it is 5-10 min procedure anyway, so you can dial agin to check what they found out.It's sad but you might need to haggle them to do it because they are used to doing it at a leisurely pace.

@andy_65_in:they might be not getting buffered properly, you surely mustnt be trying to play some of the HD stuff available there because it may bring down a weak computer.Anyway what browser are you using?

andy_65_in

Padawan
my speed using indiabroadbandforum speednet is 385 kpbs download and 140 upload, im on a vista home basic compaq laptop working on wi fi and a m at dehradun.initially a few months ago the video straeming was xcelent but now it has started to stop and start every time i stream a video from any link anywhere on the net.im on plan 250 bsnl

Afaik most of the video streaming sites are not hosted in India so it might be some local server problem that doesn't allow you a proper connection.Also, that speed test is most probably from a local server(i.e somewhere in India) and IMO the value is too low considering that 250 Plan allows upto 2Mbps.You should try to get your line checked.Also, connection quality depends on the distance where modem is installed from the exchange.
Can you name those sites which are being a problem?

andy_65_in

Padawan
well uchiha i was trying youtube and even certain aviation video sites -im using a wi fi link.can the use of a direct non wi fi link make any difference.its quite frustrating

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
my bsnl adsl link lamp is troubling from past 1 day

the link lamp comes...but after i connect net...abt a minute or less the link goes off...net freezes...

i complained to office...they say many have the same prob ...we say currently rectifying it at xchange

is ther anything else i shud check for such prob??

my bsnl adsl link lamp is troubling from past 1 day

the link lamp comes...but after i connect net...abt a minute or less the link goes off...net freezes... :-x

i complained to office...they say many have the same prob ...we say currently rectifying it at xchange :-(

:arrow: is ther anything else i shud check for such prob??

Last edited:

Lakshman8800GT

Right off the assembly line
Re: *10.240.43.216/ asking for chinese languge pack

for past few hours i am getting this messege when ever i try to login to DataOne Portal from few PCs in our Cafe... all of them running windwos XP SP2 Pro with update2date....

*img458.imageshack.us/img458/1404/untitled6uo.th.jpg

i get this messege only when i log in from any Administrator account... i dont understand why does BSNL DataOne account portal needs chinese languge pack :shock: :shock:

why the hell is chinese language pack pack required ???:x:x:x

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: *10.240.43.216/ asking for chinese languge pack

why the hell is chinese language pack pack required ???:x:x:x
This portal is made by Huawei, which is the Chinese telecom Co, and if you notice closly interior parts of this portal are in Chinese Language. check out the help section:p

pkr

F1 .. F1 .. F1

hi .. i have a Huawei SmartAX MT-841 ADSL router .. it always used to set up adsl (the data path) in interleave mode .. just a few hours back (march 7, 2009 around 7 pm) .. it automatically switched over to fast mode .. i want to switch back to the interleave mode .. could any of you guide me !!

oh .. and i don't want to sound rude but PLEASE don't reply things like "Why do you want to switch back to Interleave" or "fast mode is way better than interleave mode" or something similar

expecting a early reply .. may digit prevail !!

HACKER@PUNJABI

i have 1GB connnection of bsnl,
when ever i check the usage in the bsnl profile , they have writen that "Usage excluding night time unlimited"

when i had bought the connection, they had not told me abotu this "night-time unlimited" thing.......

and can u tell me when from what time does, night time unlimited starts..............

the night time unlimited plan starts at 2am,but the thing is that on their site there is no mention of night unlimited for Rs 250 plan a.k.a 1GB plan.It might be that this service is available only in your circle check out the bsnl site of your state for more information.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i was getting error 678 for past few days in my bsnl

now i m able to connect to net but the link goes down in usage more than 1hr or more...

is ther any prob with my modem? coz the bsnl lineman checked my line n said it was ok....prob may be b.w modem n server he said...i already compalined but no response.....wat to do

Top Bottom