** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
does bsnl charge for an ftp transfer? i downloaded some stuff, about 2 gb, using ftp from a friend's server. but the 2 gb i downloAded wasnt updated onto portal's service records.. so, is ftp free?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
does bsnl charge for an ftp transfer? i downloaded some stuff, about 2 gb, using ftp from a friend's server. but the 2 gb i downloAded wasnt updated onto portal's service records.. so, is ftp free?
Nothing is free in this materialistic world, friend.....Nothing is free. :lol:

mayhbp

Broken In
the default password = "password" :p

if it doesnt connect, call bsnl, most probably your portal acc. is not yet activated.

select "PPPOE" mode

follow this guide & in modem page, in setup Tab, click on new connection & selcet conn. type as pppoe
*img205.imageshack.us/img205/817/glb502tdataoneconfigurabj2.th.jpg

hi,
well my problem is the other way round .initially the guy who set up my dlink 502t did it for always on.
now i need to change it to "dial up" through windows.can u please advise//

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hi,
well my problem is the other way round .initially the guy who set up my dlink 502t did it for always on.
now i need to change it to "dial up" through windows.can u please advise//
Change to Bridge mode in router config page and create a Dialer for it in XP

Indranil92001

Journeyman

If you use your friend FTP server's IP address to download the file and if your friend's FTP server also have in Bsnl service then the file transfer dose not count towards your account and your friend account.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
^^ er.. my friend uses a different ISP... i checked the portal service records the next morning after the ftp transfer. It wasn't updated. I then surfed usually and found that normal usage was being updated correctly. Only the earlier day's ftp transfer, hadn't been recorded.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
If you use your friend FTP server's IP address to download the file and if your friend's FTP server also have in Bsnl service then the file transfer dose not count towards your account and your friend account.
WTH...if this really true?
then i would host a server and transfer music files.
damn the Flash drives and DVDs:D

Please confirm it;)

Indranil92001

Journeyman
WTH...if this really true?
then i would host a server and transfer music files.
damn the Flash drives and DVDs:D

Please confirm it;)

But the person who using your ftp server must on be the same network not from the outside of the network. if your IP start with 59.93 then the user must on the same network 59.93 same as if the network 117.194 then the user who connect to your ftp server must have the same network 117.194. If anyone who connect to your ftp server from outside your network then your upload or download data counted towards your account.

^^ er.. my friend uses a different ISP... i checked the portal service records the next morning after the ftp transfer. It wasn't updated. I then surfed usually and found that normal usage was being updated correctly. Only the earlier day's ftp transfer, hadn't been recorded.

I dont know about your case, If from the same network then the data trancefer not counted. But you say your friend from deferent ISP. Are you on New BSNL ISP, I mean did your IP address start from 117, If so then cheak your Portal uses record that is it record your log in time when you trancefer data from your FTP server. The log in time not the download upload usges. Because some time with new Portal uges dont record the log in histry because of bug. If your log in time recorded and no uplod and download recorded then it's really good.

Last edited:

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Does that mean NIB-I and NIB-II are treated as separate networks even if they belong to same ISP?

The Client of the NIB-1 and NIB-2 have the own network. This network IP address assign by the server of the NIB-1 and NIB-2 ( The server which is connect to the NIB-1 or NIB-2 and serve the Internet for the Client ). This network which is made by this server are separate from old Bsnl user and New Bsnl User.

Last edited:

s3Prosavage

Broken In
i am able to open sites like this one(thinkdigit.com) and a few others but most of the sites are not appearin on my browser(internet explorer n opera)......the sites which are not able to open include dataone.in anl also chip.in

please tell what is wrong....i have already formatted my pc n installed xp again with all the latest drivers..n am sure there is no virus...

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n yes i live in ghaziabd

ajaybc

Youngling
i am able to open sites like this one(thinkdigit.com) and a few others but most of the sites are not appearin on my browser(internet explorer n opera)......the sites which are not able to open include dataone.in anl also chip.in

please tell what is wrong....i have already formatted my pc n installed xp again with all the latest drivers..n am sure there is no virus...

n yes i live in ghaziabd

Try changing your DNS server to:

s3Prosavage

Broken In
^please explain me bro how to change that...
i have a UT-300R2U router n bsnl home 250 plan.............

n i use pppoe mode to connect....

ajaybc

Youngling

n yes i live in ghaziabd

Try changing your DNS server to:

^please explain me bro how to change that...
i have a UT-300R2U router n bsnl home 250 plan.............

n i use pppoe mode to connect....

Type 192.168.1.1 in ur browser address bar.
enter the password and username(default:admin).
Click on DNS.
Type in teh DNS servers I gave u above.
Click Apply.
Then Click Tools>Misc.>Save and Reboot.
Wait till the modem is restarted and u r done :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Is the H750UL plan really UL. I mean, today my uncle who worx in the exchange called up and said that we can be charged even if we use BSNL H750UL. Is it true ? Anyone using H750UL help me out. I downloaded nearly 15GB till now :(. I ended up paying a total of 30k in 5 months when i had the H1000 and H500 plans thats why i shifted to H750Ul. Please help me ASAP :(

Top Bottom