** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

i want to shift from my house to a rural area.i hope they offer dataone in rural exchanges too.(though rural there are many aspirants for bb there) :-|
bcoz of the internet problem am still in my town.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

praka123 said:
i want to shift from my house to a rural area.i hope they offer dataone in rural exchanges too.(though rural there are many aspirants for bb there) :-|
bcoz of the internet problem am still in my town.
Still the telecommunications infrastructure is in bad shape in rural areas.
btw why to migration that t in reverse of the trend thats very unusual

praka123

left this forum longback

^bcoz we got 2 houses.one in the city and the other in rural rubber plantation area.I am happy to shift to the house in the country-side and the only blockade is Internet esp broadband :(

desai_amogh

In the zone

praka123 said:
any bsnl employees here:
a que:will they offer dataone in exchanges in rural areas,but with high concentration of bfone connections.I'd like to hear esp if in kerala.

how abt this.. i stay in a village in goa .. there r around 3000 connections in my telefone exchange.. now is tht a good concentration ??

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !

Payable at time of taking the connection
Modem 1350-/(1200+12.36% service tax

I think there is some wrong in the rate. As far as I know modem supplied by the BSNL is not service it is selling. Hence here in Assam Telecom circle the cost of the Modem will be 1200/- + 48/-(sales tax @ 4%) = Total Rs, 1248/- have to paid to BSNL for Type -I modem cost.

Last edited:

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU

Which means a the time of connection of H500 plan .Only Rs 1248 is needed .Iam 4rm north east II

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !

JohnephSi said:
Which means a the time of connection of H500 plan .Only Rs 1248 is needed .Iam 4rm north east II

If u have existing Land phone(bphone) and opt for Type -I modem u have to pay Rs,1248/- and if u opt for Type -II modem then u have to pay 1872/-. Type -II modem have a facility WiFi system. In Some area they issued Demand Note to pay the Modem Cost and in some area they added the modem cost in the Telephone Bill. That's depend on the telephone exchange official as well as security money deposited with the BSNL during bphone connection.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

JohnephSi said:
i think its 1348/-

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

i'm planning to get bsnl ul 900 bb connection here in Bangalore. as i dont have bsnl landline, i will submit the form on this monday. how long will they take to give the connection. and after getting the connection, i will submit the bb form. so how long will they take to gimme the connection.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"

Hey Guys! I'll be getting the Broadband Connection I applied last year next week.

I had applied for Home 900 UL+, How are the upload speeds? I don't download much, but I play a lot of Multiplayer Games. So how are the latencies in your games?

Can someone post the Traceroute results to 203.116.28.15 from Bangalore? (Those who use Home 900 preferably).

Thanks!

Gigacore said:
i'm planning to get bsnl ul 900 bb connection here in Bangalore. as i dont have bsnl landline, i will submit the form on this monday. how long will they take to give the connection. and after getting the connection, i will submit the bb form. so how long will they take to gimme the connection.
It'll usually take a few months. I had to wait for a Year! (Applied on Oct 2006, getting it now). Depends on the Exchange.

Go to your nearest BSNL Commercial Office and ask them.

Last edited:

casual_gamer

In the zone

Gigacore said:
After you get the landline, submit the application for broadband to the Bsnl main office in Majestic(it is above "kids kemp"). They will process in one week. After 1 week, go to bsnl local exchange and see if they have received the order and request for immediate installation. Otherwise, they won't bother giving the connection in time.
My bb application was processed and password despatched within a week of applying, but the local exchange guys kept my application somewhere in the bottom and had forgotten about it. I had to remind them 3 times. This way, my bb connection got delayed by 15 days.

ps: I already had a existing phone line. I only had to apply for broadband. btw, mine is home 500. I suggest you go for this if you are a downloader.

shantanu

Technomancer

i had the BSNL connection about 2 years back.. after that it got DC.. then i got the 512kbps sify connection... but now i am off it.. i want the regualr DATAONE connection.. my big brother is using the 1800 or something like that which i was also using for about 6 months.. but now he got it D/C , so i am planning to get my OWN phone line and BB.. should i go for Home 500 plan ?

and is 24hr. surfing free ?
and night unlimited means .. unlimited download and upload fomr 2am to 8 am ? (it means excluding the 1 GB limit) ?

please clear my doubts.. and another thing ..

what are the monthly charges for the phone and BB ?

src2206

In the zone

Hello Shantanu

I suggest that you go for Home 500 plan. The main reason is that it offers you upto 2Mbps speed which unlimited 900 plan does not offer.

In this plan you have 2.5Gigs of Data transfer free which should suffice your browsing and small download needs. From 2AM till 8AM you can download as much as you can..and at a speed of (upto) 2Mbps.

The phone charge is according to the Phone Plan you choose, though I would suggest you to go for the general plan with 180/- monthly rental and 50 free calls. For BB the charges are again according to the plan. For the modem you have to pay extra rental charge. You can buy the modem outright either from BSNL or from external agencies. Why don't you check *www.calcuttatelephones.com/ for more details? :)

I have this connection and it is far better than any private offerings (I burnt my hand with Tata Indicom earlier you can read the my blog post regarding this at *sroyc.blogspot.com/2006/08/broadband-and-vsnl.html). Only thing is that, you are not going to hear sweet lady voices when you call the customer service ;)

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

I had been using Plan 250 for 2 years without any problem. Changed plan to 900UL Plus from 1-9-07 and seeing very poor speeds changed back to Plan 250 from 1-10-07 by intimating a fortnight earlier by Regd post. Today when I received the bill it had Rs.900 for BB and another Rs.900 as deposit for the plan. All the required deposits were paid at the time of taking BB 2 years back. When I enquired at the customer care, I am told that I have to pay it and it will be adjusted in future bills.

shantanu

Technomancer

thanks for clearing my doubts ! i will be going for the home 500 and normal 180/- landline tomorrrow.. ! thanks :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

shantanu said:
thanks for clearing my doubts ! i will be going for the home 500 and normal 180/- landline tomorrrow.. ! thanks :)
take the 190/- sahahj plan which gives you 120 free calls a month which is only 50 as in normal 180/-

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

i'll go for UL 900 PLUS coz i want unlimited all the time and one can download about 75 GB per month. it

and can anyone say whether the download speed in UL 900 PLUS is 32 KBps or Kbps ?

:)
Anyone Please Reply

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Gigacore said:
i'll go for UL 900 PLUS coz i want unlimited all the time and one can download about 75 GB per month. it

and can anyone say whether the download speed in UL 900 PLUS is 32 KBps or Kbps ?

:)
Anyone Please Reply

If you are currently using Plan 250 or 500, after switching to UL900 Plus you will feel as if you are using a dial up connection, as I had mentioned earlier in the thread.

Top Bottom