Photo Projects - Practical Approach

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I shot some macros and planning to edit them...I will be back into photography very soon ;) then will give suggessions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Not participating right now, but thought to drop in a line that I subscribed to this thread, since I think what you guys are doing here, is actually pretty cool.
Carry on ... and Good luck ... :doublethumb:

(maybe some day I will post a pic myself. Maybe tho).

Edit: Realized this was a old thread. Nevertheless, my point stands.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys if somehow we can create a mumbai photography group then I am sure we can post lots of pics in this thread :D

I have not found any photography enthusiast friend in mumbai...and going with the girls you know (they will be in all the pics :D )

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
guys if somehow we can create a mumbai photography group then I am sure we can post lots of pics in this thread :D

I have not found any photography enthusiast friend in mumbai...and going with the girls you know (they will be in all the pics :D )
Such misogynistic thoughts. Waise remember we all did that self portrait challenge. So i guess no one will mind seeing some of the forum members.

Do go Sujoy, it'l be fun

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
No no I am talking about weekly challange...if I can form a local group then 2-3 guys will post pics which will inturn create interest for other forum members too for participation.

I already went to many place around mumbai but I feel for photography its required to go with photography enthusiast friends only..going with girlfriend or general friend do not give much fruitful results ;)

No no I am talking about weekly challange...if I can form a local group then 2-3 guys will post pics which will inturn create interest for other forum members too for participation.

I already went to many place around mumbai but I feel for photography its required to go with photography enthusiast friends only..going with girlfriend or general friend do not give much fruitful results ;)

D: I live so far away.......literally isolated on a mountain top away from civilization....I cannot even think of a group considering my location xD

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
leave weekend...we will try to shoot the firework on diwali...that itself is a big project :)

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah...humm you can try to shoot sunset..but sun should be visible in the pic ...round red sun

have u tried it?

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
So did somebody tried to capture the sunset...I was not joking..its almost not possible to capture sun in a picture..if its possible please give tips :)

raja manuel

In the zone
What is the issue you face when capturing the sun? I've not tried many sunsets because I'm in the wrong location for that, but I have had some success with the sunrise.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
whenever I tried to capture a sunset thats the reddish glow light which is soo beautiful with big round sun.....if I meter it on anything other then sun then sun will look like a bright light and the round thing will disappear
If you point the meter towards sun everything will become dark as compared to sun...and again picture will be useless.

even if I try to bracket the shots the sun will look like a bright light source but no round red ball.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Were you serious? I didn't take that post serious, thought you didn't mean it "impossible".
I have taken both sunrise and sunset without blowing up the sun and retaining the disc shape. At least by my scale, they are "disc" :) Do I have any in this set as you expect?
Meter for Sun and fix the rest to your taste in post.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac sadly there is none what I really wanted in that set.

look this one..when you meter at the sun - *flic.kr/p/dD93Vf here sun is there but the environment becomes dark...and that beautiful pink hue in the sky is completely lost.

what I want is a sky like this one
*weknowyourdreams.com/images/sunset/sunset-01.jpg

and a pink sun in it..

didnt you guys see a big pink sun setting in the afternoon with pink hue in the sky ...exactly same thing

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Google some examples of what you want... And lets all give it a shot

HDR shot might be the answer. A +3 type bracketing.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
what I want is a sky like this one
*weknowyourdreams.com/images/sunset/sunset-01.jpg

and a pink sun in it..

didnt you guys see a big pink sun setting in the afternoon with pink hue in the sky ...exactly same thing

Looks like long exposure to get enough light.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan...let me try to find one..although in the morning I was not able to find any.
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] this maybe a long exposure...but a long exposure with sun in it will make sun vanish in the sky :D

- - - Updated - - -

what I want is almost impossible to get..but we see it daily in the sky ;)

a sky like this
*74211.com/wallpaper/picture_big/The-Setting-Sun-Has-Added-Everything-Light-Pink-Color-Clouds-Are-Soft-and-in-Slow-Move-It-is-the-End-of-a-Busy-Day-HD-Natural-Scenery-Wallpaper.jpg

and a pink sun like this one-
*1.bp.blogspot.com/-9Z-GeWl5Cr8/UioYkcpoI1I/AAAAAAAAaF0/RroJra8wCYc/s640/3256247655_752080167d_z.jpg

just see the sky when sunset or sunrise and you will know what I want...dont belive google pics on this :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Photoshop for good measures.

I am not sure if you can actually capture the pic you are describing. May be under some special circumstances.

Top Bottom