Photo Projects - Practical Approach

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey guys i have a pic but i am not able to fix it. As i am not that good at PP. can somebody help me, Specially fixing the blown out sky.

here is the link to download the pic.
Download

Nikku, drop this into the post processing thread. I'm pretty sure you'll get good advise and post processing done there

Post processing thread

Last edited:

nikku_hot123

In the zone
There is no cloud/sky detail to bring back and the over exposed part of the sky doesn't look bad either.
me too think so, as when i clicked this pic in kanyakumari it was bright sunlight in the noon.

- - - Updated - - -

Nikku, drop this into the post processing thread. I'm pretty sure you'll get good advise and post processing done there

Post processing thread

I posted there. Thanks

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Guys lets start this projects thread again ... My cam seems to be collecting dust these days. Give me suggestions, will post the starting note

1. Christmas shots
2. mist & fog
3. Bokeh

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Photography Project :Shooting Fog

I read this article and its very good
How to capture photos in foggy or misty conditions - Digital Photo Secrets

1. Need a tripod or u need to increase ISO cause its less light out due to fog
2. if you want foggy landscape dont shoot longer then 1 second exposure...if you want fog on water body of smooth fog then you can shoot longer exposures
3. Fog generally fools cameras metering system cause of reflective nature. better take a sample shot and increase the exposure compensation according to that.
4. Shoot RAW to play with white balance later on
5. Its advisable to have a subject in foreground to give depth in image.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5552/15040075967_489f50554a_c.jpgFog by ncocco, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7512/15682249751_8e4ed8c2b6_c.jpgfog by neonow, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Cool, will shoot fog this weekend. The second photo is a beauty and quite easy to do.

Who all are still following this thread?

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am going home on 24th...I will do this excersise then...Nagpur is quit cold and foggy this year

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok, my attempts for the fog challenge. I was trying to get a few foggy night shots and this is the one I liked the most

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8651/16079275991_e7185abac5_c.jpgLooking up by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

Was checking out some ideas in my old pics and got this one, will try to do a revisit of this. Perhaps with a new twist

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8506/8515511623_35762afb02_c.jpgAs I fade away by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Well during light fog the entire color of the place changes to the color of the lights. Here the purple lights make all the buildings appear purple as well.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION] - The 2nd pic is awesome. I think I've seen it before.

Finally got my camera back repaired.

*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/fog-attempt_zps7d11a0ef.jpg

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
One shot from mumbai fog

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8579/16102651631_ac5fe2e363_c.jpgDSC_6720 by sujoyp, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
attempt no 2 at fog pictures. Clicked this with my phone

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8622/16340242071_9084ccbe5c_c.jpgThe road less travelled by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I've gotten hold of a intervoltmeter app for my cam and am trying to get some star trails or even a timelapse video. If anyone else is intersted in doing this I can start this off as a project. People with a canon cam can do the same using the CHDK firmware

Top Bottom