Phone for a new doctor? Budget < 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
No, wont improve the performance but there are situations when it'll reduce the speed, cuz MMC cards act as HDD to it, not like RAM :(

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Wow!!! That totally changes the difference between E50 and 6681. It would mean that the former will perform way better!!! I mean E50 has almost 10 times internal memory then 6681. What do you guys think?

K

krazyfrog

A new 6681(black) comes with a 128 mb memory card. Also it supports upto 1gb card. Another thing to note is that the type of memory card used by 6681 i.e. DV-RS-MMC is the cheapest card available in market (1gb for around 1k) while the card used by E50 i.e. microSD is the second most expensive (most expensive being Sony's Memory stick micro M2) card available in market. You must take these costs into your equation. Otherwise you'll spend all your budget on the phone with no money left to buy a memory card (by this i'm suggesting that you gift atleast a 512 mb card with the phone to your friend). The value of a gift increases tremendously if the one receiving it does not have to spend anything on his part to make the gift work satisfactorily (which in this case is the memory card).

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Well I went out today and guess what? I could not decide anything again!!! Reason? A780 is not being supplied anymore so couldn't see that...E50 is too new to be held by many dealers...6681 will be brought only on demand and K750i is so popular that it went out of stock! Isn't it wonderful...?

Now I am planning to go to Nokia retail stores tomorrow but I don't know if any such stores exist for SE. Does anyone have a link where I can get addresses of SE stores? I had a look at their website but they don't mention anything of this sort.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
K750i is going to dicountinued soon (may be rumor but no smoke without fire) have serious joy stick problem and low volume except this other features is rocking.

Nokia Priority Dealer will charge you high than local dealer or retail shop.

Nokia 6233 good fone
SE W810i Rocking

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I don't know about other places but here in Mumbai we have couple of Sony World outlets where we can go and buy SE phones. That's where I had gone to first check the phone my sister bought. Buying from them would be a little expensive.

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Well today I took him with me and he dismissed all the models I chose. Can you believe it? He liked only two models...w810i and N70 M :lol:

I guess its time to put my credit card to a little stress :) These phones are good ones right?

G

gxsaurav

W810i, just get that, N70 sux in front of it, other then being symbian

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Are you sure? That N70 black thing looked real sexy..is it so bad compared to w810i? :shock:
Please tell me a few of its negative points so that I can convince my friend. Also has anyone heard about this Subhiksha retail chain? Are these people genuine? Will the phones purchased from them have manufacturer's warranty?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Nah man. I just saw N70ME yesterday, which my friend has bought. And it's really nice. But I guess W810i will still outscore it when it comes to music.
Rather on the other hand I guess W810i is a bit problematic cos I read on mobile-reviews that it has a slow JVM. But someone having the phone can answer that.
Really speaking I can't think of anything that will say that N70ME is bad except that he can catch viruses on it :p

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
tech_your_future said:
You can have a look at Nokia 6630 for a symbian phone. But it's -ve points are mono sound, no FM and bad camera.

Dude 6630's camera is one of the best among Nokia phones....

S

sariq

^ 6630 has stereo output in head phones, image quality is good, see here image taken by 6630 :

*www.imageupload.com/uploads/thumb_b8db4_16102006(002).jpg

Regarding N70 - it is good phone, its cons:
1. costly, value for money?
2. extra weight
3. keypad uncomfortable, specially call and end keys are hard to press
4. gallery opeing takes time
5. as all symbians, viruses
6. camera cover design needs improvements, it opens while taking phone out of pocket, starting camera.

thats all i can recollect from my memories :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ I own N70 myself, and i can say with confidence that its an EXCELLENT phone! Its very fast (you wont even realise its a symbian phone!). It has a 220 MHz processor with 32 MB of RAM (yes, i mean RAM, not the internal memory, internal memory is 21 MB).

1. Costly? I dont think so! At 16k it outperforms N72 with more RAM, 3G and dual camera.
2. All symbian phones are heavy.
3. Hmm.. The keys are a little small but not that uncomfortable once you get used to it!
4. That's because it has a special rotating galery with previews of all the photos/videos on the phone.
5. You dont get a virus untill you yourself accept to run unknown files.
6. Hmm.. Not happened with me till now. The camera quality is excellent. Especially the video quality is in mp4, which is about 4 times the normal video recording quality on other phones.

S

sariq

eddie was asking negative points, so i listed which i found within one month of N70 ownership :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Instead of going for a N 70ME, you can buy a N 72 with a 1GB/512MB card.

Regarding the camera, it's good in daylight but sucks in dim lights, and you get lot of noise as well. The same goes for a video recording as well. You wont need a second camera. He has hardly used that front camera. It'll take some time for 3G for the network providers to roll out. By that time, he might buy another mobile plus initially the cost of 3G also be little expensive. So N 72 is a very choice.

If you have money, then the ultimate mobile IMO is the N 73 ME with the Sennheiser Headsets. :D

K

krazyfrog

If your friend has liked W810i, then why don't you just gift that to him? It is an excellent phone and is quiet a lot cheaper than N70 ME. You'll just be stretching your budget by 2k.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
krazyfrog said:
If your friend has liked W810i, then why don't you just gift that to him? It is an excellent phone and is quiet a lot cheaper than N70 ME. You'll just be stretching your budget by 2k.
I 2nd ! Go with 810i Unbetable Music with Camera Clearity!

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Guys...do you really think that I have any say in this now? :p

He has said that if I can afford N70 ME then he wants only that...otherwise he will settle for W810i. Now if I ask him to buy W810i then I will have to give him some serious reasons against buying the former. Try imagining yourself with your elder bro and then you will understand the situation. Wouldn't you become stubborn for the thing you want? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom