Petrol up by Rs 5 a litre; LPG up Rs 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^LOL..aacha let me ask you something praka..

from when do you think this will come into effect??what about the trilions of cars thats still on the roads??and ho are going to maufacture these hybrid carss..have you seen maruti or a ford or a honda coming up with such a solution??..and with the nano in the fray..most people will be able to afford a car and we will see the implications in less than half a decade...i predict inflation to touch 10% by the end of the year and at least 12% by 2009...

jal_desai

In the zone
i predict inflation to touch 10% by the end of the year and at least 12% by 2009...

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13.gif ... Are u an Astrologer????? Please say NO... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
cummon...you dont need to be a rocket scientist to guess..if the crude prices remain the same..inflation has already touched 9 with a mere annoucement of oil prices..now food prices will increase more due to transportation costs...and these will lead to greater and more disturbing implications...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@jal_desai,
What do you want for a 'common man'?

And what do you the people in the Govt. are doing? You think only you can think that 'Govt should have backup and contingency plans. The fact is Govt is always trying it do its best, but you always seem to make a 'bashing-bakra' of it. Understand that Govt is NOT the supreme power in the whole world. It too has to depends on other countries for some reasons. An 'instant' solution is nowhere seen in the near future but yes, I guarantee you that our Gov't will find a solution. You are yrying to making the Govt a scapegoat for all you think.

What IYO, should the Govt have done? Isn't it engaged in research?

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ Not always bro.. if the govt. does the right thing we do appreciate it... This is not the first time oil has gone high... the fact is they did nothing after tht.. of if they did anything ... it didnt reflect.. it went futile.. U feel govt. will find a soln.. I am also optimistic.. but time matters... Even i know tht "instant" soln is NOT possible even in the best of the countries... but atleast they learn from the past... Eg. US has its own oil bunkers. They wont be having any problem even if oil will run out in the gulf... they have planned such a way tht IT RATTLED the world.. our plans are NOT effective and tht's truth... even I voted for congress bro.. thinking it wud be better than BJP... but sorry to say i was just comparing cat's **** with the dog's one...

utsav

damn busy...
Anybody noticed that we r also losing bucks frm our fixed deposits due to this rise in inflation rate. Interest rates at fds 8 to 9% and inflation rate almost 9% lol.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Anybody noticed that we r also losing bucks frm our fixed deposits due to this rise in inflation rate. Interest rates at fds 8 to 9% and inflation rate almost 9% lol.
^Thats because of failure to recover money!

And pray tell me, where will we get all this extra electricity from?

For a country which has power cuts and load shedding almost everywhere, Imagine what would be the situation in summer if all vehicles will start using electricity. Where will we get that much amount of coal ? :confused:

And what about pollution? burning such huge amounts of coal will ultimately result in CO2 increase :sad:

Even looking for alternate sources like hydel, wind power plants will take time. So till then its better to reduce consumption of petroleum products as a whole, by people themselves.

Time to start cycling now.:D
you never read my post properly.
electricity can be obtained from ANY source.
ANY source.

instead of burning petrol on cars, burn it in special powerstations to maximise effitiency and send that power over to cars. Kilometers per litre actually goes up.

In an year or so, with the neuclear deal, there will come many reactors. Use 'em for getting electricity.

In 10 years or so, Fuel Cells become mainstream. React hydrogen to get energy in controlled environments, and send that power over to vehicles.

Attach dynamos to Gym Instruments and extract energy from people exercising instead of letting it go waste.

Put up solar pannels over your houses and get electricity.

Only the current sources of energy need to be used to get electricity. Its pure energy and has 100% conversion effitiency. Even future sources can be used, but vehicles remain the same even then.

Only problem is, people will start saying "stop listening to your car stereo and gain more milage" :lol:

x3060

A LOTR fan
that's really is something which will happen true in near future....
stop listening to music...lol
seriously, i guess its really high time we look for alternatives ...

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
U feel govt. will find a soln.. I am also optimistic.. but time matters... Even i know tht "instant" soln is NOT possible even in the best of the countries...

What solution are you talking about? Why don't you answer yourself and suggest a magic-solution which the govt can use.

What backup plan?
Keeping reserve supplies of oil or using an alternative source? Do you know that govt. maintains a 90-day reserve for emergencies but thats not a backup, its just a reserve.

As Cyrus_the_virus pointed out, alternative sources won't be implemented in a short duration even if they are efficient.

but atleast they learn from the past... Eg. US has its own oil bunkers. They wont be having any problem even if oil will run out in the gulf... they have planned such a way tht IT RATTLED the world.. our plans are NOT effective and tht's truth...

US planned to have oil fields on its soil?:confused:
India doesn't have that many oil fields to start using them. Or are you suggesting that India should attack an oil producing nation as per its "PLANS"? :D

MetalHeadGautham said:
electricity can be obtained from ANY source.
ANY source.

Yes, i know. But let me check:
1.Wind-> building more wind turbines -> not too many strong wind areas, inefficient.
2.Water-> build more dams -> not built in a day, not to mention various environmental issues.
3.Solar->present solar cells not efficient

instead of burning petrol on cars, burn it in special powerstations to maximise effitiency and send that power over to cars. Kilometers per litre actually goes up.
storing electricity is not possible. petrol can be stored. AND surely if that were possible, wouldn't we have already seen a petrol/diesel based electricity power plant?
Batteries tend to discharge after some time--> inefficiency

In an year or so, with the neuclear deal, there will come many reactors. Use 'em for getting electricity.
The same Left which is protesting against this price rise is also protesting agains the nuclear deal. Go figure.
Didn't knew that nuclear reactor constuction could be finished in a year.:confused:
Even countries like US,France get only 20% of their electricity needs by nuclear plants and that too is being slowly reduced.
And where to dispose those nuclear waste? Environment issues, security issues.

In 10 years or so, Fuel Cells become mainstream. React hydrogen to get energy in controlled environments, and send that power over to vehicles.
Thats 10 years later. We are talking about price control NOW.

Attach dynamos to Gym Instruments and extract energy from people exercising instead of letting it go waste.
only thing I got to say: BE PRACTICAL.

Only the current sources of energy need to be used to get electricity. Its pure energy and has 100% conversion effitiency.
If you have studied physics, conversion of energy from one form to another is never 100% efficient, and there also there is nothing called pure energy, there will be always some side-effects in one form or another.

praka123

left this forum longback
well ,even I used to walk 8 kms to and fro from school :D .but that doesnt work for a s/w engineer I suppose :) buying a electric scooter is fine if you are "underweight"(<70Kg) :D.I already saw lot of electric scooters on the road.ppl already are ready for electric vehicles ,IMO.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^....

If i sit on it with my big fat ass.... I promise you it wont go beyond 20kmph....

god thing i didnt buy 220 and didnt waited for r15..bought 200..

anyways would buy r15..... crap.....

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
I am using cycle since long... aint I inteligent !!

jokes apart, man scientists have found many alternate solutions for petrol deisel but none of them are efficient..

I dont remember the name of country but it stated to use ethanol instead of petrol. It went good for some time but after that as all the farmers started farming sugarcane, country suffered from other food problems and had to import.. at last they stoped ethanol ..

where is the person who claimed to make petrol from leaves???

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^That country is Brazil I suppose and that ethanol blended petrol is called Gasohol.

Also I have found that in almost all cases, the biological systems are more efficient that their artificial replacements. Eg: the vehicle engine is less efficient that the cell's own energy production system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom