Petrol up by Rs 5 a litre; LPG up Rs 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

agm_1052001

Broken In
Ethanol is currently being used as an additive in petrol but there is limit of only 5 % blending....now in situations like this...the limit cud hav been increased to a greater extent....
did govt think abt it...when indian agri can produce billon liters of ethanol. :p

studies hav shown that the ethanol blending helps to lower the emission also its cools the engine significantly.. ( need to find more information on this )

Source :
www.ethanolindia.net/

King Arthur

Broken In
LOllZZ , for all of the replies given so far.
I hope our beloved PM is reading this thread on this forum or for that anywhere on the web. and realises that it is high time that the government stops selling doodh, steel ,petrol , tv ,sabji ........... by privatising these companies.

But something tells me that him being an economics grad knows it far too well .

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Ethanol blending is a good idea. Our liquor barons will be happy, and our vehicles will get a little tipsy.
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2122604477_1f3f245df7_o.png

JAK

What the Heck !
I might sound like a noob... coz i dont have knowledge abt economics but i have a silly question
$1 = say 40 Rupees so we pay 40 times more then guys in US for anything we buy.

Crude is $125/barrel so we pay 125 x 40 = 5000 rupees/barrel

IF.. we some how make
$1 = Say 1 Rupee, we would be paying 40 times less

Crude is $125/barrel so we pay 125 x 1 = 125 rupees/barrel

so say current price of petrol is 55 rupees it would actually cost us about 55/40 = 1.37 Rupees.
The above is just raw conversion and i havent taken into consideration the finer elements like cost of processing crude to make petrol/diesel etc while working out the price...

Anyone here has deep insight in economics could exactly tell how this can be achieved..

I remember somewher in Feb/Mar 2008 Rupee reached 37.28 against the Dollar and our f@#%ing RBI intervened and pushed the Rupee back to 40.00..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LOL..you cant compare rupee to dollars..then you have to bring in mind the economic condition of both the countries and the average salary of a common man...In the US..you have to travel for more than 60 kms daily..and theres hardly any valid transportation without the car..and trust e..an average american will find it quite hard to cope up to the fuel rise...

agm_1052001

Broken In
I might sound like a noob... coz i dont have knowledge abt economics but i have a silly question

Crude is $125/barrel so we pay 125 x 40 = 5000 rupees/barrel

IF.. we some how make
$1 = Say 1 Rupee, we would be paying 40 times less

Crude is $125/barrel so we pay 125 x 1 = 125 rupees/barrel

so say current price of petrol is 55 rupees it would actually cost us about 55/40 = 1.37 Rupees.
The above is just raw conversion and i havent taken into consideration the finer elements like cost of processing crude to make petrol/diesel etc while working out the price...

Anyone here has deep insight in economics could exactly tell how this can be achieved..

I remember somewher in Feb/Mar 2008 Rupee reached 37.28 against the Dollar and our f@#%ing RBI intervened and pushed the Rupee back to 40.00..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frist look at the conversions

1 $ = 41 Rs (rounded)
1 gallon = 3.75 ltrs
1 barrel = 42 gallons

now a gallon in US would cost u on average 4 $ which is 164 Rs and wat we are goin to pay is abt 57 rs/ltr or more so i dnt see a much difference in this..as this could be accounted to strong dollar against rupee .

Sources

www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html

*www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001661.html

and wat others are paying...

www.money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

iinfi

mekalodu
away frm the topic ... small suggestion ... start reading the editorial of some leading daily.
Read it daily. u can read Times Of India ePaper online as well.
This will help you get a gist wats going on around the world.
i know u admitted that ur question was silly. But by reading more you will be able to arrive at a conclusion yourself and probably even suggest things.
k tc

n to others who simply blame the govt. for increasing the prices i wud suggest the same. Reading editorials of leading dailies will help you know wat exactly is going on around the world.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Stupid opposition by BJP!

They say during their 'rule' petrol price was 38rs/lt. In Congress era, it has become 57rs/lt.

WTF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom