Petrol up by Rs 5 a litre; LPG up Rs 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Dude, you are right. But the poor people are most hit by food price rises. It doesnt matter at all to people like us. Many such factors can gang up and push the prices higher.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
You know, Govt increased price to relief OIL Companies which are losing money. Right ?

But, the thing which makes me angry is that, if they are hiking price by Rs 5, then out of 5.....Rs2-3 still go as TAX :confused:

They should exempt the price increase from tax atleast :(

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
BREAKING NEWS-They have reduced the Sales Tax by 5%..from 25% to 20%..so the rise in petrol will be 2.78 now..and diesel by 1.2..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Poor ppl will be affected indirectly brother... almost every goods is transported by trucks and other transport... increasing petrol and diesel will increase the prices of those commodities tht get transported thru them....

and indirect slaps will be suffered more than direct loss.
:lol: you think only you have figured that out :lol: everyone else is an idiot, oil costs around $123 a barrel, Kerosene is left untouched.

Essential commodities are already at an all time high, please try to get this in your brain, India is not the only country affected, every country in the world is affected. The govt. is helpless.

Customs have been reduced, Import duties have been reduced that's the best they can do, off course there is more that can be done but that would require them not to be politicians which won't happen.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The worst part is..Government officials don't have to pay for petrol and they keep on misusing it to the extreme..and we are left with a burning hole in our pocket..

+1
I

Wow! Stop blaming government for evrything and anything! The price increase is due to the WORLD-WIDE rise in oil prices! There is very little that Indian Goverment can do to control international oil prices :rolleyes:

yes thats ok, what about the taxes govt receiving from us, ask the ___ govt bring petroleum products under regular VAT, then what you say very acceptable, as petroleum companies get only 24-26 Rs per litre what ever the price hike.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@AMD true that is all across the political spectrum

yes thats ok, what about the taxes govt receiving from us, ask the ___ govt bring petroleum products under regular VAT, then what you say very acceptable, as petroleum companies get only 24-26 Rs per litre what ever the price hike.
The last thing I want is to give 12.5% VAT for my petrol :lol: Every state govt. has a separate tax on petrol and other fuels that is why the prices vary, there is a possibility that this may be made common for all states.

And did someone actually say that facts & figures are ashes :lol:

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LEFT RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They decreased the cess by 5%..now we don't have to pay heavily for petrol..petrol to be up by 3 rs and diesel by re-1..way to go CPI-M..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Leave it to the UPA to screw things up, atleast when the NDA was in power they kept the prices at check.

dude get ur facts right.. & dont be biased.. i am not pro UPA but the price rise was inevitable... crude oil per barrel is around 130$.. how do u not expect the government to increase the price...it cant keep running its oil PSU's in red..
When NDA was in power.. go check out the price of crude oil barrels at that time.. u will get ur answer... it was damn cheap then

LEFT RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They decreased the cess by 5%..now we don't have to pay heavily for petrol..petrol to be up by 3 rs and diesel by re-1..way to go CPI-M..

waah.. kya baat hai.. just becuz they have forced the gov. to decrease the prices.. they rule now :!::confused:

Dont forget all the other " wonderful " stuff they have done....

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^lol..not INDIA..only WB...

arre we have to praise them when they deserve it..they have been ruling for 20 years now..so they rule is not an understatemnt.. :D

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i know what u mean .. by rule.. :D
but personally i dont feel like praising political parties at all.. becuz for every good thing they do... they do 10 baad things

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Now the govt. would probably have to deal with an astounding 10% inflation rate rather soon.Situation is going downhill for the govt right now though the oil hike is mostly due to the increasing crude oil rates the world over.

It'd be a real challenge to keep the current inflation in check,leave alone decreasing it.Wonder,what'd be the situation when Nano's hit the already vehicle-infested roads.

Lets not forget that 8% inflation was achieved during the NDA rule also.Now,we have a PM who was known for his economic reforms when he was the finance minister & a finance minister who is harvard educated(dunno whether it makes a diff though) and are still struggling to keep the inflation in check.The situation may arguably have been worse if it was NDA who ran the nation.Guess we always reminisce the past through shaded windows.;)

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^Even I have heard analysts say on TV that inflation rate may become double digit.

useless backward companies still promoting petrol and diesel cars...

they and the people affected should spend their energy on finding ways to manufacture cheaper and more power effective electric vehicles instead of crying due to expensive fuel oils.

Till then, Bicycles FTW

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Gonna take my GF on bicycle (BTW I was writing bycycle,forgot the spelling even :D )

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
bullock carts anyone??

i have a few on sale..buy 1 get 1 free..

bullocks not included..!!!

btw..m not spamming..this is of national importance..

P.S.-If you want to enjoy AC in ur car...ropes available at cheap rates to tie ur car to the cart and being towed forward..

fuel cells anyone? :))
electric is better than fuel cells.

if you use electric vehicles, you can charge them with power, which is produced from fuel cells. This way, continuous supply of power can be ensured. If a problem arises with fuel cells, the core nature of the automobile neednt be altered. One can still use other sources to make electricity to run the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom