Petition to Airtel Broadband. Please sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Collin

Right off the assembly line
First, I wish to all the members who have signed here, best of luck and success but I cann't sign as I am an employee of BSNL and it will raise some conflict of interest as well as, your complaint and struggle may brushed aside as supported by rival ISP employees...
But I can explaining my views without any conflict of Intersts,as I had dealt with customers complaints,consumer forum orders, and consumer laws..
Now My question is,
1) Whether anybody has the written letter or notice issued by Air Tel in this regard?-A-1
2) Whether any body has the copy of the letter,complaint submitted to Airtel,and reference no. given by them? A-2
3) And finally reply given by the Airtel (hard copy or soft copy if it is e- mail) and alleged website notification copy saved in html format..A3
Now approach TRAI-(Go to their web sites where the feed back section or contact section entered your complaint along with your Annexures..Since Airtel mentioned TRAI order, you also require the copy of the order..
Under the mandate given to TRAI it should have consulted the stake-holders(both ISP and Consumers)
What are Your chances?
1.When you purchase the BB connection signing the application and received the connection. a contract is established between the parties...A contract willbe a full unconditional unalterable ( unless a clause inserted by the parties concerned)
2.In the present case You have taken unlimited internet connection from the ISP by agreeing to pay certain amount for the period mentioned(monthly or annualy).
3.As long as you pay the bill correctly the ISP is bound to provide your connection as per original agreement.If on any account the ISP has altered the plan conditions without your agreement you can sue him in court of Law, for breach of contract, and claim damages as per law.
4.the only way Airtel subverting above road is, Airtel can anytime close the connection/or the plan, and reitroducing the same plan as 'Limited'. I am expecting you and all other Airtel users may recieve 'e-mail notification that the original 'plan'Unlimited no longer existed,and ask you to change to the new plan, then it weill be too late.. don't forget Airtel has a battery of Attorneys at their disposal

I don't beleive TRAI has issued the order.. Because BSNL so far not received it, if they receive, the first course they will forward it to Law Ministry opinion...

vaithy

I have been in touch with Airtel's different level's of escalation teams ( nodal & appelette "final escalation point before TRAI" ).

They are completely novice when it comes to internet usage - don't even know how much speed can the customer expect - they don't even know what plans they offer !!!!!!!!!

According to them the FUP is implemented ONLY in south India as of now.
I am YET to receive a written communication on what is the details of MY PLAN - they sent a very vague letter - there it says implementation from march 1st, but the appelette helpdesk lady said they started implementing from Feb 7th.
She says they WILL NOT share the copy of order received from TRAI - they say they have received order from TRAI - Is there a way I can force them to give me the copy of TRAI order ????
I have told her that I want all these written / emailed to me as a proof. This was on thursday, I was told on friday that FUP is updated & that she will call me with details TODAY - no calls yet.
BTW - They have also withdrawn their Service Guarantee AS WELL.....
I wanted to have everything written from a proper authority @ airtel before I raise any concerns with TRAI.

Above all these, since you are working in the dept which deals with customer complaints etc - Do u think consumers have a case ?
Do you also think Making this a debate in leading news papers would help our cause - I might be able to push that way

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
She says they WILL NOT share the copy of order received from TRAI - they say they have received order from TRAI - Is there a way I can force them to give me the copy of TRAI order ????
I have told her that I want all these written / emailed to me as a proof. This was on thursday, I was told on friday that FUP is updated & that she will call me with details TODAY - no calls yet.
Now interesting part is:
there is no such order from TRAI,that's why she was unable to give it to you:lol:

Trai only asked for Consultation Paper of Broadband and its Quality of service
now it issued a press release on this topic. check www.trai.gov.in i have read it twice and No Mention of Fcuk you policy.

Airtel is lying:x

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Great! Mainstream media is picking this up! *epaper.livemint.com/Articletext.aspx?article=09_03_2009_008_003&mode=1

Note, that this is an e-paper edition. Means it was actually printed in the Mint paper :D

Airtel’s policy has created a flurry of activity among bloggers and on Airtel’s online user forums, including on Facebook, the popular social networking site. Protesting the change in policy, at least 2,000 Airtel broadband customers have signed up in less than a week for an online petition at the India Broadband Forum, a forum that tracks developments in the broadband scene.
An online petition addressed to Airtel chairman and managing director Sunil Bharti Mittal says: “We feel that this policy under the garb of ‘fair usage’ seeks to essentially place limits on ‘unlimited’ plans... We feel that this is a regressive move towards Internet usage in India.” An India Broadband Forum (IBF) spokesperson said the issue is not just about restriction of download limits but a more pervasive one concerning what is known as net neutrality. “The broader implications are that it allows ISPs to control access to the Internet. Today, it will be about how much you can download. Tomorrow, it will be about what sites you can access and what you cannot (also called net neutrality),” forum spokesperson Vaibhav Kumar said.
One of the news reporter from economic times also contacted the admin of broadbandfoum.in :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thanks Kalpik for the news. Is it 11th March edition? as I couldn't find it in today's (10th March) edition.

Watever, this means we are heard, lets c, aage kaya hota hai...

amohit

Broken In
Internet and Mobile Association of India president Subho Ray said, “If the service is provided under ‘broadband’ to the customers when they signed in, it cannot be reduced to 128 (kbps) since the government of India definition of broadband is minimum 256 (kbps).

I am on 256kbps plan. I have a strong feeling airtel will shortly be upgrading me to 384kbps connection.

yippee

lost in my world
kalpik im sorry to say this but a couple of hundred people can't make any change against such a big private organization

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Why is this thread sticky for so long, as only 77 posts are here.
Why is not someone making BSNL thread for improving upon their 2am - 8am Night Unlimited time slot.? u will have hundreds of petition.

azbokikr

Broken In
This seems to be a global trend. Quite a few American and Canadian ISPs have started capping downloads.

I found this on the internet.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I have been in touch with Airtel's different level's of escalation teams ( nodal & appelette "final escalation point before TRAI" ).

They are completely novice when it comes to internet usage - don't even know how much speed can the customer expect - they don't even know what plans they offer !!!!!!!!!

According to them the FUP is implemented ONLY in south India as of now.
I am YET to receive a written communication on what is the details of MY PLAN - they sent a very vague letter - there it says implementation from march 1st, but the appelette helpdesk lady said they started implementing from Feb 7th.
BTW - They have also withdrawn their Service Guarantee AS WELL.....
I wanted to have everything written from a proper authority @ airtel before I raise any concerns with TRAI.

Above all these, since you are working in the dept which deals with customer complaints etc - Do u think consumers have a case ?
Do you also think Making this a debate in leading news papers would help our cause - I might be able to push that way

RTI is your Weapon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom