Petition to Airtel Broadband. Please sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
@kalpik, When and How is this petition being forwarded to Airtel?

Also, I signed the petition last night but havent received confirmation email yet... Please PM me what to do...

EDIT: Also, in list of services requiring heavier bandwidth, should online gaming also be included? Though not using it, I feel it may require decent bandwidth...

Arun

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Its working! I got a call again from the Nodal Office. Asked me how did i get to know about FUP. I said its all over your website! Gave him the link. He said he'll call me back. In another 15 mins he called back, and started explaining. Said a survey shows some users are using excessive bandwidth. I stopped him there itself and said "excessive" is not the word. You should say utilizing 100%. He was like ok yes.. He said "but the connection is still unlimited and we are not charging extra". I said ok dude.. you have unlimited plans from 128 kbps to 1 mbps. Why are you charging differently for them? I said im not just paying for the unlimited tag, im also paying for the speed. He said well yes. I said does this not ammount to deficeiency in service? He was quiet. Then he said but we have taken approval from TRAI. I said look.. TRAI is an open organization. I cant find anything like that on their site. I can only see that you have given recommendation, but i cannot see where TRAI has given aprooval. I asked him to forward me some communication from TRAI where they say they have approved it. He said.. well i dont know sir.. I said then you should not say that you have got approval.. Then he carried on saying we are still evaluating the policy.. We may not even apply it based on user feedback. I said that's fine. He said he can forward my complaint as feedback to the management. I said that would be great. I also asked him to open afup.broadbandforum.in. I told him that this site clearly reflects the sentiments of the customers and i asked him to add a link to this site in the feedback he would submit to the management. He said sure sir, ill do that.

Heh.. So this IS picking pace.. Lets keep the pressure up! Ill keep you informed of any other updates.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I did some two blog posts ridiculing this policy, guess this is what am good at...lolz

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
For people who have not received the confirmation mail, ill just contact the admin at broadbandforum.in and ask him to check it out :)

Thanks for signing!

paroh

Padawan
I think all the user using airtel should also launch a complain to TRAI about the new airtel policy and user all ready suffering from the crappy download speed and now this policy to make unlimited to limited (IT is very IMPORTANT).

RMN

In the zone
i signed it too...
btw i came to know that even in the UK,Sky has a "limit" on their "unlimited" connections.!

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
@Kalpik :dude ,, u shud've recorded the whole conversation that took place ...

and TRAI hasn't approved the recommendation so far and it wud take a long while before this is even considered .however Airtel is free to do whatever it wants to do within this period .

Not a Airtel BB customer but still signed the petition ... hoping that this one is actually forwarded to airtel unlike the countless others all throughout the net ....

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
signed...

please dont stop there ...

spread the word in orkut...

please

change the title of ur account in orkut to the site name ....

please

and the thread starter .. please include a request to alll to post this link / petition in all forums , orkut , facebook , email .... lets spread the word...

lets spread the word....

mavihs

Techie By Heart
guys whoever hasnt recieved d confirmation msg plaz in ur SPAM mails!!!! Even i get d msg in my Spam folder!!!!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys dont forget to confirm your entry ...

there will be email in your inbox.. click the link to confirm your entry ...

pleas do .. otehr wise even though you have signed there ... its of no use ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom