PC Buying Guide - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchalchatt

Broken In
I want to upgrade my pc. I select following component
1. AMD Athion II X2 245 because 255 is out of stock here
2. Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB
3. Asus M4A78LT-M LE but this MB is not aviable here now (out of stock)
So pls suggest me a good MB of similar price .
I want to use this pc to watch HD film, to surf net, To play low end game,to convert movie ect. Is this processor is as good as AMD Athlon II x2 255.
Can i do all my above mension use by this p.c
Pls help.

Cilus

laborare est orare
chanchalchatt, specify our budget for the whole system so that we can also suggest alternate solutions.
And regarding the mobo query, the motherboard is available at deltapage.com. You can purchase from them also. They provide very good customer service and shipping. One of our forum members, src007 purchased his Sandy bridge processor, mobo and 22" display from them and these were shipped within 2 days.
Alternatively you can have a look at MSI 785GM-P45 Motherboard @ 3.6K

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Aby some info on silverstone, enermax, pc power & cooling, rosewill. :-D

now serious. If u can tell me CM Real Power Pro, CM Silent Pro, Antec, Corsair AX (especially >=1000w, less too)

IMO chanchal get a Gigabyte GA 880GM UD2H. @ 3.9k~ worth it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Jas, its Rosewell. Silverstone and enermax are very good brands.

To chose from cm, their real power pro series and silent power series are extremely good, even better than their gx series(especially silent pro). You can check the list of psu's on TechShop.in - Buy Tech Online Now!!!.

Btw, got a video review of antec true power quattro 1200w. Its 80+ silver certified and gives 1700 watts on full load. It handled 4 gtx 480's in a 4 way sli mode. That speaks performance and its priced around 14.5k. Its actually a serious alternative to corsair hx1000 at the same price and gives corsair ax 1200 immense competition and the ax is some 19.5k.

So the antec can handle a gtx 580 sli or a 6970 cfx very easily. Check its video review HERE and its official link HERE.

So it can be easily suggested in the highend and ultra highend rigs in this thread.

Tell me your opinions.

chanchalchatt

Broken In
chanchalchatt, specify our budget for the whole system so that we can also suggest alternate solutions.
And regarding the mobo query, the motherboard is available at deltapage.com. You can purchase from them also. They provide very good customer service and shipping. One of our forum members, src007 purchased his Sandy bridge processor, mobo and 22" display from them and these were shipped within 2 days.
Alternatively you can have a look at MSI 785GM-P45 Motherboard @ 3.6K

My budget is only 7k and i want to update
1. Processor
2. Ram
3. Mother board

Cilus

laborare est orare
Athlon II 250 3 GHz @ 2.7K
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4K
Corsair 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.1K

Total 7.8K

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
ok ill get info on what all tirupathi sells ,but jas you have to tell me about the dealers and addresses for other brands.

i havent heard about rosewell.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CM and Corsair PSUs are widely available here and you may find seasonic in some places - PrimeABGB has silverstone PSUs but as far as I know Enermax and Rosewell PSUs are not available in here ( they don't have any distributors/ importers ).

BTW, here' some Prices :

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.4K
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W @ 7K
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1250W @ 14.6K

Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W @ 8.2K
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W @ 10.6K
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W @ 15.3K

Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W @ 5.6K
Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 @ 6.9K
Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W @ 8.6K
Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W @ 10.6K

one big gem is this :
Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA ( 950W ) Modular @ 7.9k

here's a review :
GlacialTech GP-AX950AA 950W Review

The Good:
did 80 Plus Silver without issues
GlacialTech is speedily handling the splice shorting issue
very good ripple and noise suppression
very good voltage stability
excellent low load efficiency

The Bad:
expensive, expensive, expensive

But at 7.9k it's ain't a expensive piece anymore - at this price point it's a steal and an excellent buy.

BTW, SOme new cpu prices from AMD :

Phenom II X2 555 BE @ 4.2K
Phenom II X4 970 BE @ 8.5K
Phenom II X6 1100T BE @ 11.5K

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
aby and topgear i was joking. enermax and all arent there in india. aby i wrote 'now serious' :-D. check antec as topgear provided almost all others.

thanks topgear those are very good.

vicky thats a good one.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Jas i am preparing the 3d configs for all price segments. As soon as i am done, will post them here.

P.S- Amd has also released its hd3d, which allows radeon cards to do 3d but only 6-7 titles are supported. But the catch is, it doesn't work with nvidia 120hz monitors and not even in conventional 3dtv's for games. It requires special monitors and currently, only 3 are supported out of which one should be available in india. Doing a bit of research on it and thats why, the configs are delayed. As of now, nvidia looks to be the only viable solution but lets see what amd camp can deliver. For more info. check HERE.

Actually all hd 6xxx series and hd 5xxx series support hd3d in gaming including my 5750.
But 5 series can't play blureay 3d in conventional 3dtv's and only 6xxx series can. Nvidia supports all of its fermi gpu's including gtx 4xx and 5xx series in both 3d gaming and blueray 3d playback in conventional hdtv's.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Jas i am preparing the 3d configs for all price segments. As soon as i am done, will post them here.

P.S- Amd has also released its hd3d, which allows radeon cards to do 3d but only 6-7 titles are supported. But the catch is, it doesn't work with nvidia 120hz monitors and not even in conventional 3dtv's for games. It requires special monitors and currently, only 3 are supported out of which one should be available in india. Doing a bit of research on it and thats why, the configs are delayed. As of now, nvidia looks to be the only viable solution but lets see what amd camp can deliver. For more info. check HERE.

Actually all hd 6xxx series and hd 5xxx series support hd3d in gaming including my 5750.
But 5 series can't play blureay 3d in conventional 3dtv's and only 6xxx series can. Nvidia supports all of its fermi gpu's including gtx 4xx and 5xx series in both 3d gaming and blueray 3d playback in conventional hdtv's.

nice nice.

but today i had conversation with someone on facebook today. we talked of 3d and he has seen 3d at several gaming tournaments. he told it was 'okay'. and eyefinity is more emmersive than 3d. (provided a person has that space of 3 monitors.) thats still lot more to evolve.

so what i feel is keep eyefinity and 3d for high end segemnt only. what say?

BTW 3 monitor cost will be also more. so your opinion?

and hd3d has support of 13 titles vicky. AMD HD3D Gaming

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar singh

Yup, sorry it was a mistake. Its 13 titles and in future we can see more. But nvidia now has a huge lead because it supported 3d much earlier than amd. And amd's solutions are not viable in india now because no monitors seems to be available here now. It doesn't have specific glasses like 3d vision and according to amd works on the glasses provided by those 3 monitors only. Check HERE to see nvidia 3d vision titles support.

I am sure that support for amd 3d will increase exponentially in future which is very very good imo. But for present scenario, we will only suggest Nvidia gpu's for 3d gaming because its more mature now and 3d hardware is easily available.

Talking about eyefinity, its a different thing and speaks high resolutions like 5120 x 1600 and higher. Meant for a larger audience and they can do 3d as well.

Nvidia also has nvidiasurround which is its answer to eyefinity and all 4 & 5 series gpu's from nvidia support it. But there is catch with nvidia. It only works in sli and a single card won't do unlike amd which requires atleast one and xfire is not compulsary for eyefinity.

But for such resolutions, ultimately one would look for a multi gpu setup which will handle higher resolutions. Check HERE for nvidia 3d surround.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hmm surround also seems good. so both companies are up against each other in these techs. just only something like physx is needed by amd and everything finished.

so now what to put up at what cost? :confused:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Give me some time jas. Busy teaching my 11 year old brother(6th grade) for his final exams which are starting coming monday. I have made some configs and will post them soon. Then all of you can analyse them and give expert suggestions. Will be ready in a day or two i guess. Its a big list.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
umm jas if you dont mind could you please pm me your number so i can consult with you before i buy anything.

also about that adapter that will be required with corsairs american pin plugs ,where to get that in np.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom