PC Buying Guide - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes it does but very little in a multimonitor setup. If one can afford 3 or 6 large monitors or lcd-tv's going for a pricier cards is also not a problem for the person. He/she won't hesitate to add a little more amount. Going for eyefinity or nvidia surround doesn't speak value or budget terms at all. Its even expensive than a 3d surround. Thats why i said its debatable.

Talking about 3d surround, i am also preparing a config that can utilize 3 3d monitors in a surround setup. How does that sound buddy?:-D

actually we have to wait for 580 to release. but i think spending 30k more for dual 580 3gb than 6970 (Considering it at 35k) is not at all worth. someone wont like that also. but its nice idea. but i will suggest you 3d separate. for multimonitor a 6970 2GB setups.

BTW tell me some 1k cabinets or less than 1k for 20k rig please.

and some good <1k speakers too for 20k setup. creative a35 at 400 is just too less :-D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar singh

Thats sounds like a plan buddy. We will have separate eyefinity and 3d surround setups. 580 sli is not compulsory for 3d surround. 570 sli will be more than enough. The upcoming gtx 595 will also do a commendable job. I will also give 560 sli as a 3d surround setup. Even a 3 way sli of gtx 560 is cheaper than 580 sli and will eat 3d surround setup for breakfast.

So you prepare eyefinity setups, i will prepare 3d and 3d surround setups. Is that okay buddy?

No surround only supports 3 but it also supports 3d projectors and that too upto 3 nos. Amd can support 6 at once. But 3 is more practical. What say?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
but vicky ji see the 2-3 review i mentioned before. 570 isnt good for that.

ok i will prepare eyefinity as you say. but only one na? at which budget? you planning which budget?
but first let me update main guide. started today:-D. i asked some recommendations in my previous post. answer them please.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
BTW tell me some 1k cabinets or less than 1k for 20k rig please.

and some good <1k speakers too for 20k setup. creative a35 at 400 is just too less :-D

For budget speakers , logitech z313 is great @ 1k. Its a 2.1 speaker and does a great job. I have it currently and i am totally satisfied with it. Budget speakers should also get a subwoofer imo and z313 has it all. Another alternative is altec lansing bxr1121 @ .9k. But logitech z313 has better quality and more output than the bxr.

but vicky ji see the 2-3 review i mentioned before. 570 isnt good for that.

ok i will prepare eyefinity as you say. but only one na? at which budget? you planning which budget?
but first let me update main guide. started today:-D. i asked some recommendations in my previous post. answer them please.

570 sli is good enough for 3d surround and its the only option. For eyefinity only, you can give 6970cfx. Thats why i told you to do eyefinity configs.

Leave the 3d and 3d surrounds for me. Don't see pricing now and just configure as much setups you can. At the last, we can decide pricing and what to put.

Btw i am planning a 3 way 570 sli and 3 way 560 sli. Hope it will do a tremendous job in physx and 3d.:-D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
system will switch off if the UPS is overloaded...650VA will give around 400W,but you will get the overload warning at around 300W-350W.

I used APC UPS Selector and it is recommending the 650VA one with 7 minutes runtime and 70 % of Max Capacity Used. I choose the following config:

Computer Type: Desktop
Monitor Type: 22-24 inch
CPU: Intel C2D E7400
Internal Hard Drive: 3
HDD Type: SATA II
User Site Voltage: 230
External Peripherals: Powered Speakers, Seagate 3.5 External HDD
Extra Power for Future Expansion: 20%
Desired runtime: 5 minutes

Please help.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Vicky think what will be the use of that setup that buyer will regret later. No offense buddy. But see the performance of 570 in current games. For 3 monitors all eyecandy down and how will 3d be possible and enjoyable. Its very good for 1 monitor 3d.

But u just mentioned 560 2GB. Wait for that and 3way sli it. Or take curruntly available 460 2GB at smc.

rajan1311

Padawan
I used APC UPS Selector and it is recommending the 650VA one with 7 minutes runtime and 70 % of Max Capacity Used. I choose the following config:

Computer Type: Desktop
Monitor Type: 22-24 inch
CPU: Intel C2D E7400
Internal Hard Drive: 3
HDD Type: SATA II
User Site Voltage: 230
External Peripherals: Powered Speakers, Seagate 3.5 External HDD
Extra Power for Future Expansion: 20%
Desired runtime: 5 minutes

Please help.

If its the rig in your signature, then 650VA is fine...no probs.. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
3D, Eyefinity and nVidia Surround, they all can be used in a HTPC setup and also as a gaming setup.
Till now 3D gaming not yet that much poplular and there is no need for muli-monitor 3D right now. It will overshoot even most of the high-end buyers' budget. So a single monitor 3D setup will be good for now.
On the other-hand Eyefinity and nVidia Surround won't be that much costlier. Here we can keep two type of settings, 1 for playing high end games where we need Multi-GPU setup and other for playing less demanding games like RPGs where a high end Single GPU card will be sufficient.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
skud how much are you willing to spend on the ups?

Oops I forgot to mention. Around 3K.

If its the rig in your signature, then 650VA is fine...no probs.. :)

Current rig is in signature but I will upgrade the GFX card to 6870 (Vapor-X or HAWK) with future Crossfire plan and the SMPS to Corsair HX850. I will also try OCing the CPU and probably would install a Corsair A50 or A70 in future. Tell me whether the 650VA would suffice under that circumstances.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
skud why take a risk? get a apc 800va @ 3.5k~~ and no tension for future upgrades.

actually here at patna only 500va from APC are available. buying from Kolkata is an option though. another thing are you sure this thing costs 3.5K? It is quoted @ around5K in Lynx.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AFAIK around 5k 1000VA is available :-D. ask vicky for pricing.

some awesomeness review here for you guys. i going to read that soon for high end setups. available at prime at 13.5k this is Antec Lanboy Air Blue (a yellow model is also there, dont know with prime but)

Buy Antec | Antec LanBoy Air Blue Modular Case | Antec India | Antec Case

here goes the review -
Antec LanBoy Air Case Review | Hardware Secrets

BTW hardware secrets is very nice site and thanks for the prices of speakers vicky. some 1k case also buddy. cheap will do...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar singh

Let me clear things a bit for you jas. The hardocp review you provided earlier had the following results:

Resolution-5700x1200

*i52.tinypic.com/sljofs.png

Now from the above results, i can conclude that 570 sli is not at all underpowered by any means. The average fps(should be more than 30 for unhindered gameplay) is what should be considered and 570 is more than 35 fps in all games and beats 6970 xfire in metro , mafia 2 and civilization 5 at 5760x1200.It even holds its ground in Bfbc2 and f1 2010. Their performance is very similar and the small advantage 6970xfire has is due to that extra video memory that holds back 570 a bit. But in performance its a no sloucher and can give excellent fps in all games. Its a perfect setup for 3d and 3d surround in my opinion.

Nobody will regret with a 570 sli setup even for 3d surround. The gpu is very strong even than a 6970 but is held back by its paltry video memory. I agree with that but it will still do more than a good job in 3d surround. The reviewers were testing only multimonitors and we have amd solutions for that. But for 3d surround 570 sli will be great as its the only viable option.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ jaskanwar singh
Let me clear things a bit for you jas. The hardocp review you provided earlier had the following results:

you missed out good bit of details. the fps you stated were max settings each card would give playable fps.
see the beutiful amd performance here...:arrow:
now for apples to apples comparison - :razz:

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/2793/capturekztu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now from the above results, i can conclude that 570 sli is not at all underpowered by any means. The average fps(should be more than 30 for unhindered gameplay) is what should be considered and 570 is more than 35 fps in all games and beats 6970 xfire in metro , mafia 2 and civilization 5 at 5760x1200.It even holds its ground in Bfbc2 and f1 2010. Their performance is very similar and the small advantage 6970xfire has is due to that extra video memory that holds back 570 a bit. But in performance its a no sloucher and can give excellent fps in all games. Its a perfect setup for 3d and 3d surround in my opinion.

it is a good setup with lowerd settings a lot.

Nobody will regret with a 570 sli setup even for 3d surround. The gpu is very strong even than a 6970 but is held back by its paltry video memory. I agree with that but it will still do more than a good job in 3d surround. The reviewers were testing only multimonitors and we have amd solutions for that. But for 3d surround 570 sli will be great as its the only viable option.

i disagree

anyways for your other opinions i prefer 2GB of 560 is SLI. to be sure and futureproof.

hmm that image came out too small. trying some larger edition.

check this - *img5.imageshack.us/img5/2721/capturetsn.jpg

actually it was full screen width

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup i can read it.

Except f1 2010 , 570 is giving more than 30 fps with everything high and beats 6970xfire in mafia 2. So i don't see any hindrance in gameplay and remember these are avg fps i.e max+min/2. So the results are more or less the same what i mentioned.

Even in game consoles like ps3 and xbox 360, all the games are locked at 30 fps. But the gameplay is unhindered and nobody ever has any issues with it. And in these setups , you get far higher quality than them. Yes, 570 will perform even better with high vram but its not cramped to unplayable levels. In case of f1 2010, one can turn off aa and af and play.

But i doubt that 2gb 560 sli can beat a 570 sli because in terms of raw power, 570 is higher. So they are pretty fit for a 3d surround setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom