PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
QUERY: I just read in Jas's post. Is MSI Geforce N250GTS 512 MB the best PhysX card available? Adding another PhysX card with 560 Ti will be useful?

I suggest to hold up and sli another 560 instead of going for a dedicated physx card. Physx configs makes more sense for amd cards as they don't support physx.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks for clearing that up :)

If you add a dedicated PhysX card with GTX 560 then in all the tittles having PhysX, there will be a performance boost. Because in a single GPU configuration , GTX 560 has to process both the Game rendering and the PhysX calculation. As a result there will be a noticeable FPS drop.
A dedicated PhysX card will handle the PhysX calculation, leaving the main GPU (in your case GTX 560) to handle the gaming load only. So definitely there will be some performance gain in PhysX enabled titles.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Hey thanx Jas for creating the new thread.. :)

Ico, U said u will copy the posts from pg.30-33 to the new thread, so i hope u notice this new thread and do the needful.. :)

btw to all: today I called up Primeabgb (Lamington road, Mumbai) and enquired abt certain components, the price wich was quoted to me was far less than wats advertised on theor website Prime ABGB Today's Cool Deal ! here are the prices that i got for sum of the components... :)

1.) Motherboard : I was looking for a USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps based motherboard from Gigabyte and had shortlisted 2 motherboards GA-X58-A-UD5 (Rev 2.0) and GA-X58-A-UD7 (Rev 2.0)

Prime didnt hv UD5 but quoted me the price for UD7 as Rs. 18,950/-

2.) GPU: THey DO NOT have ASUS enGTX 570 DCu II or ASUS enGTX 580 DCu II :( and said they cannot make it available even.. wat a shame.. :( (can anyone help me in finding this gpu..??) they (Prime) said that they only have Zotac gtx480 (THe twin fan setup gpu) @ Rs. 28.5K :(

3.) Gaming Keyboard: Logitech g110 (on site price Rs. 4.3K) quoted to me on fone Rs.3.2K

Logitech G15 (On site price Rs. 4.2K) Quoted to me on fone Rs. 3.8K

Razer BlackWidow (On site price Rs.4.2K) Quoted to me on fone Rs.5.9K
------------------------

THen I maild theitwares.com site (Rahul) in afternoon, still the reply is pending.. lets see...
-------------------------

If any of the guys here hv any idea abt the availability of ASUS enGTX 570 DCu II (or) ASUS enGTX 580DCu II ..?? plz let me know.. :)

CHeers n e-peace.....

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^

ashu why are you spending 18k on x58 mobo now? no need yaar.
this combo is more killer -

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k
Intel DP67BG @ 8k

STAY AWAY FROM OLD 480.
dont the prime have any 570 card? any 6970?

thats exceptional price of G110.
about blackwidow i think they might be referring to ultimate version for 5.9k.

580 DC II is 37k

d3p

PowerHouse
@Ashu: Techshop.in [Polytela eCommerce have 2 570's in stock]

Palit : *techshop.in/store/palit-nvidia-gef...r5-graphics-card-buy-online-india-p-6901.html

Zotac: *techshop.in/store/zotac-nvidia-gef...0p-graphics-card-buy-online-india-p-6825.html

But will you please let me know, why are you behind Asus DC II GTX580, it occupies three PCI slots, whereas the MSI Twin Frozer II series is cheaper & runs cool too.

Sorry no Asus in stock.

@Jassy: Oye, Pajji tussi great ho, you did it once again. BTW where are you getting these prices ?? Specially the HX850 price...

I checked with SMC, 50% of the items listed above is not available.

One more concern is ; you have suggested a AX850 for a sub 110k PC yesterday, but here once again you suggested HX850 for sub 130k.

Refer: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/138524-new-super-gaming-rig.html#post1359512

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

ashu why are you spending 18k on x58 mobo now? no need yaar.
this combo is more killer -

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k
Intel DP67BG @ 8k

STAY AWAY FROM OLD 480.
dont the prime have any 570 card? any 6970?

thats exceptional price of G110.
about blackwidow i think they might be referring to ultimate version for 5.9k.

580 DC II is 37k

Hey jas, thanx for the updates.. :)

Well i checked with Prime, they really DO NOT have 570 or even 580 :( (dunno abt ATi, as im NOT that inclined towards them :p )

As for the keyboard, LOGITECH G110, is that a gr8 (dirt cheap) price that they quoted me..?? :confused: coz i hv no idea... :p

580 DC II is 37K.. ??? :O :O :O u serious..?? wtf.. lol... so i guess i will hv to settle for the gtx 570 Twin FRozr II gpu. (Any availability of these in Mumbai guys..?? ) :confused:

@Ashu: Techshop.in [Polytela eCommerce have 2 570's in stock]

Palit : *techshop.in/store/palit-nvidia-gef...r5-graphics-card-buy-online-india-p-6901.html

Zotac: *techshop.in/store/zotac-nvidia-gef...0p-graphics-card-buy-online-india-p-6825.html

But will you please let me know, why are you behind Asus DC II GTX580, it occupies three PCI slots, whereas the MSI Twin Frozer II series is cheaper & runs cool too.

Sorry no Asus in stock.

THanx d3 :) im no longer in pursuit for the ASUS enGTX 580 DC II (after reading the price from Jas @ 37K) :(:(

Yup, will go for MSi GTX 570 TF (Twin Frozr) II, any availability in Mumbai markets..?? :confused:

btw, which one of the 2 links that u gave me is the TWIN FROZR II model..(or is the card specifically and ONLY sold by the name of "MSi GTX 570 TEIN FROZR II"??? :confused: as there are no pics there.. :(
=======================

Thanx for the updates guys... Appreciate it.. :)
--------------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

d3p

PowerHouse
Its not there in the online stores like prime & itwares, but if you are open to buy online then prefer the below or check in Lamington Road stores.

I hope you can order it online, they have your choice.

MSI Geforce GTX 580 Twin Frozer II - 30k

Theitdepot - Msi GeForce GTX580 1536MB DDR5 NVidia PCI E Graphic Cards (N580GTX Twin Frozr II)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup I am open to online buying buy fear that during shipping the card might get damaged, so i refrain from it.. nothing else.. :)

I am looking for a TWIN FROZR II model of gtx570, if thats available abywhere do let me know buddy.. :) (as gtx580 is wayy out of the budget of 25K).. :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Yaa, really me thinking the same... :confused: the previous thread with the same name was closed down by Ico (i never felt the need for it to be closed/locked).. neways...

to All, guys, I got a quotation for ..

1.) ASUS enGTX 570 DC II -----> Rs. 24K

and

2.) ASUS enGTX 580 DC II ------> Rs. 31K

from a local shop (he must hv called up a dealer ofcourse) in Mumbai, (Goregaon) i know its way too costly for both, gtx 570 n gtx 580.....

Do anyone else can help me out in getting a much lower/competative pricing for 570 n 580,...???

d3p

PowerHouse
check this out, this guy purchased the GTX 580 Twin Frozer II by 27k.

Link :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/138571-gtx-580-gtx-560-ti-sli.html

ankit0_0

Broken In
@Jaskanwar Singh stop posting wrong price for asus gtx 560 ti DC II and asus gtx 570 direct CU II do some research before posting price

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you know the right price why not post them in here ;-)

our forum member ithehappy has bought Asus GTX 560 Ti Direct Cu II @ 14K - so the price posted on the front page of this thread is right as it's not a exact but indicative price anyway.

venram87700

Learnin in progress
hey guys i just purchased a new monitor it is a DELL ST 2220L HD led monitor n i must say the looks are killer ....
anyways the price for it in lamington road (mumbai) is Rs 9150

Pein

druken n done...!!
now a days mostly all graphics card have dvi connecter..
so r the d-sub connecters old , and i have also read that dvi's are better then
d-sub..
and if one is using a dvi to d-sub connector then the performance is decreased *www.blindnero.com/pictures/vga-to-dvi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom