PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: PC Buying Guide 2012 - Q1

good config & you are right.i only prefer G620 because of its better capability to handle high bit rate 10bit h264 videos(rare & only found in japanese anime releases).if not for this i too would have gone with amd dual core system.

edit:just a thought but it should be mentioned that getting NZXT cabinets out of mumbai will add ~400-600 to the final price as shipping charges depending on the site you buy from.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Wtf!! 60K for a processor is not worth for home use...:evil

Yeah, we all know. ;) 2600K is the max need for home uses.

: BTW. how was the syndey trip??:p

Was good although it was mainly a business related trip. Not much of site-seeing. :-(

BTW, Australia sucks as a place for buying electronic hardware.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

d6, I thought sydney was crap. Very congested.

Melbourne on the other hand, mmm.

India is worse for electronics. You have to go to the right places in Australia for electronics: JB Hifi, DickSmith etc.

Guys I am gonna order a G1. Assassin mobo. Opinions?

Candlestick

Broken In

Hello Everyone!

I am looking to buy a new computer (without monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers). Budget = Rs.20000

From the first page of this thread, i got this :

*i44.tinypic.com/j13his.jpg

I do not want the things in red-box, so 41625-6950-700-1800-1625 = 30550.

I am looking for 500 GB or 1TB Hard Disk instead of 250 GB as mentioned in the above pic.

Is it possible to use Intel Core i3 2100 instead of AMD Phenom II X4 955. From AnandTech - Bench - CPU , overall Intel i3 2100 ratings looks better (though, i do not know anything about the Benchmarks used)
Also, please tell me cheaper alternative Graphic Card and Case, so that i can reduce the cost. (I am not a gamer)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

^^your purpose of rig?

good config & you are right.i only prefer G620 because of its better capability to handle high bit rate 10bit h264 videos(rare & only found in japanese anime releases).if not for this i too would have gone with amd dual core system.

edit:just a thought but it should be mentioned that getting NZXT cabinets out of mumbai will add ~400-600 to the final price as shipping charges depending on the site you buy from.

thanks buddy. and thanks for that info. :)
about shipping, that to be handled in buyers thread :p

@all
what about 50k? --
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...19-pc-buying-guide-2012-q1-3.html#post1558127

MUST WATCH!
[YOUTUBE]XkrZjYjP6OU[/YOUTUBE]
AnandTech - Intel Core i7 3820 Review: $285 Quad-Core Sandy Bridge E

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

both intel & amd configs are good at ~50k price point.those who just want to focus on playing games without any plan of overclocking & not using heavily multi threaded applications can go for intel i5 2400 if high temps or power consumption is a factor.rest can go for phenom II & in cases where heavy multi threading support is needed X6 is a good option.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone

^^ But I'm sure price will be in the higher side. :'-(

not at all...

google is your friend
Sandy Bridge-E hits the market with more cores, more threads

2 disabled cores in new Sandy Bridge-E :( - mersenneforum.org

Intel Core i7-3960X Review: Sandy Bridge-E And X79 Express : Say Hello To The PC Hardware Trophy Wife

A more plausible explanation would be that Intel is using MCM in SBE. A native 8 core die is simply - Unreal/Unfeasible/Impossible/Insane(many more adjectives come to mind.. but I think u got my point?!)!!! MCM would also explain the 4channel memory..

Guys I am gonna order a G1. Assassin mobo. Opinions?

Do it ASAP! :D

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

Those who are recommending FSP 500w to people: do note that it uses a 4 pin ATX connector. Some people might start getting into the habit of checking the connectors and features before running blind and posting it around without even thinking.

Just my 2 cents :).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

the point is that the production run's target is an 8 core processor. We did not get quad core gulftown chips ;)

$$Lionking$$

In the zone

Extreme Gamer - No no the target is not at all more than 6 core be it intel or amd.

Here is how 8/10/12 cores are achieved..... AMD MCM Opteron(Socket G34 LO-LGA 1944 pin) you can see 2 processor die in a single chip packaging.... intel does the same... for higher core count cpus.... :p

*info.nuje.de/mcm.jpg

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Extreme Gamer - No no the target is not at all more than 6 core be it intel or amd.

Here is how 8/10/12 cores are achieved..... AMD MCM Opteron(Socket G34 LO-LGA 1944 pin) you can see 2 processor die in a single chip packaging.... intel does the same... for higher core count cpus.... :p

*info.nuje.de/mcm.jpg

You would be correct for i7 Gen. 1.

Right now they use the laser for SB-E.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

You've never heard of it?!

High precision lasers are used to separate faulty segments from the main circuit so that the bad chips can still be sold. It can also be done to keep the products within the thermal envelope.

Why do you think intel has 20 (exaggeration, more like 12-15)different processors from the same die?

The part you mentioned is used in case yields are very good, so as to substantiate numbers. Bloomfield got that treatment; one QPI link was ignored except to keep the processor components in sync. After that it gets physically disabled.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Too much off topic discussion is going on. This is not a right place to discuss procerssor architecture, so please don't continue the fighting here.

And Extreme Gamer, The laser cut part... I didn't understand the relevance of it. I guess Lionking is telling that 6+ core chips are basically Multi-Chip Package (Like the Pentium D processors), having 4 to 8 cores per module in the package. Could you please elaborate a little?

digitaltab

In the zone

I would like to ask why you guys did not considered AMD FX series processors, mainly the FX8120 and 8150, as according to me they should be included in high end budgets, as their price vs. performance is better than intel's price vs. performance i think...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Nope they are not recommended and they don't offer good performance for the price.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Those who are recommending FSP 500w to people: do note that it uses a 4 pin ATX connector. Some people might start getting into the habit of checking the connectors and features before running blind and posting it around without even thinking.

Just my 2 cents :).

no, see this -
Imageshack - 71822298.jpg
4+4 pin ;-)

BTW which psu is this?
Buy Corsair Builder Series VS 450 Power Supply in Mumbai India

Last edited:
Top Bottom