PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Voted. My suggestion is spend max 100K while building the comp and if you have more budget, keep it with you for regular upgrade different components to keep ur PC up to date. Hardware market changes very frequently and keeping some extra money for future upgrades will always help you.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Voted. My suggestion is spend max 100K while building the comp and if you have more budget, keep it with you for regular upgrade different components to keep ur PC up to date. Hardware market changes very frequently and keeping some extra money for future upgrades will always help you.

nice point

Sarath

iDota

Voted :)

Obviously we need upto 150k rigs. My 1L one doesn't have SSD, CPU cooler, 3D or dual monitor setup. Surely someone would be looking at those options too. (oH yeah and speakers too ;-) )

Yes but practically speaking if a person is willing to spend around 150k is it going to be feasible to tell him to shave off some of that budget and save up.

I am not saying I disagree with you but I have seen in most of the suggestions going on here that when people come with a fixed budget, almost always they are convinced to spend higher than their initial estimates as many hardware requirements (like good PSU, Cabinet etc) are undermined.

Also a person with 1.5L will have more requirements than an average gamer. I think ignoring such a category will not be wise.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Also a person with 1.5L will have more requirements than an average gamer. I think ignoring such a category will not be wise.

He would be a hardcore gamer. I agree with whatever you just said.

Hell, CG companies need High end WS setups (5l+). Go figure :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

We only need 5 or 6 balanced rigs upto 1 lakh.

MegaMind

Human Spambot

Guys, Razer Goliathus Fragged Control Edition (Size 215mm x 270mm) for 400 bucks is a good price?

Cilus

laborare est orare

Yes it is. The Standard price is 500 bucks but currently some kind of discount offer of 20% to 25% is going on Razer products.

@ico: The sky is the limit ^.^

Extreme Gamer, I know a lot of people are there who can spend more than 100K easily and even I appreciate a config up to 130K. But what I understand as per my limited experience is that spending 150K is a single time is not an intelligent step and we should suggest the people how config up to his expectation can be created in less budget and rest of the money can be saved for near future upgrades.
ANd regarding your comment of Sky is the limit...here we are not sitting to fulfill the dream of some multimillionaires, we are here to create some configs which are required my maximum number of people, some feasible solutions.
If somebody wants a rig of 200K, then we can entertain him in his thread, but not here. The thread is not meant to have rigs of every skyhigh configs.

Personally I feel the creation of So called God's Rig config is just child's play because God is not gonna look at this thread, does he? All the efforts and discussion going for that config is just useless as it is simply not gonna help a single person in real life. But never mind, it is just my personal opinion.

Sarath

iDota

^^^But it will be really unfortunate that we wont have a high end VFM rig.
We already know the sweet place is somewhere around maybe 60k, but with people with more requirements it is hardly going to satiate them.

Take my 1L rig and just add i7 2500k, Logitech Z623, An SSD 40GB@ 5k (least) or the better Kingston 96GB @10k and an extra RAM stick(?) and you will see it inching close to 130k mark. Also we never factor in the price of OS (6-11k)
And if we add the not so VFM put powerful GTX580 it has easily crossed the 130k mark. Investing in any of them save the gfx and RAM can't be called a splurge.

Your wisdom may say other wise. But to ignore an entire category will mean a lot of much talked about components (like the SSDs, powerful gfx or 27" monitors etc) will find no place in our reference guides.

Cilus

laborare est orare

At a budget of 130K, SSD, GTX 580 can be added I guess. I was talking about the Gods rig config. And if someone needs some special components for his/her work requirement, we can always help him/her in their thread.

MegaMind

Human Spambot

ANd regarding your comment of Sky is the limit...here we are not sitting to fulfill the dream of some multimillionaires, we are here to create some configs which are required my maximum number of people, some feasible solutions.

Personally I feel the creation of So called God's Rig config is just child's play because God is not gonna look at this thread, does he?

:lol: I like it... :rofl:

Sarath

iDota

At a budget of 130K, SSD, GTX 580 can be added I guess. I was talking about the Gods rig config. And if someone needs some special components for his/her work requirement, we can always help him/her in their thread.

I agree with you in this respect. "Special" requirements will be difficult to update here.

So you are OK with the 130k rig. Don't let it die.

Offtopic: My 60k rig is closing the 120k mark. Parents giving me looks that none of the emoticons here can express and/or none of my words too

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

@Cilus: that is where you are wrong buddy. You can spend lots of money on workstations and servers without getting satsfactory results.
The sky is the limit, not for gaming but for PCs in general. This is a thread guiding people on buying pcs right?
There also were posts on WS configs.
I said in a previous post that spending 3l+ in a workstation is normal. CG(game devs,film industry etc etc etc) companies often need to do that for ultra high res images and fill rates.
I admit that I dont know the true value of money having never earned a single rupee in my life(yet) but 2l for 5 years while reusing some parts from older setup is not a bad idea, as long as you dont plan over 1200p.
I never said that you are here to satisfy multimillionaires. But, look at people building startup companies- they cannot often afford IT consultants. But they need to spend significant cash on Infrastructure, of which PCs are only a small part.
I do not understand why is it that a high budge always means ultra hi-quality gaming.

d3p

PowerHouse

Offtopic: My 60k rig is closing the 120k mark. Parents giving me looks that none of the emoticons here can express and/or none of my words too

:rofl: I can understand those reactions coming from eyes on face...Specially when you spend a lot just behind silly games in parents point of view.....Seriously for the same moment its a very much different feel...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@Cilus: that is where you are wrong buddy. You can spend lots of money on workstations and servers without getting satsfactory results.
The sky is the limit, not for gaming but for PCs in general. This is a thread guiding people on buying pcs right?
There also were posts on WS configs.
I said in a previous post that spending 3l+ in a workstation is normal. CG(game devs,film industry etc etc etc) companies often need to do that for ultra high res images and fill rates.
I admit that I dont know the true value of money having never earned a single rupee in my life(yet) but 2l for 5 years while reusing some parts from older setup is not a bad idea, as long as you dont plan over 1200p.
I never said that you are here to satisfy multimillionaires. But, look at people building startup companies- they cannot often afford IT consultants. But they need to spend significant cash on Infrastructure, of which PCs are only a small part.
I do not understand why is it that a high budge always means ultra hi-quality gaming.

Then i think we should create a multimillion config for "DISNEY" so that can render high quality animations to aid them in movie making or "NASA" to aid them in space flights and exploration. Sky is the limit ehh!!!!

Just kidding......:wink:

A person spending more than 200k on a system will have ample knowledge and will surely create a separate thread and pin-point his/her exact requirements.

Lets not trash this thread with impractical configs and keep them as much practical as possible.:neutral:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Oh yeah, I've been through that phase too! I exceeded my budget by 40k lol haha! Dad said "no more credit card usage for me."

@vickybat: I dont think people spend precious work hours at their pcs to post configs. obviously you did not read my entire post, to have posted out of context.
tell me, have you never heard of startups?
say you start X company that will work on video games. Now you come to a forum asking for advice on what kind if workstations you should make for yoir employees to work with and are told not to spend over 1l. how would you feel?
you could go to an it consultant, but he would charge you at least 30k for one consultancy. wouldnt you rather save that cas and.spend it elsewhere?

Sarath

iDota

Oh yeah, I've been through that phase too! I exceeded my budget by 40k lol haha! Dad said "no more credit card usage for me."

Someone posted while you were typing. So people will be clueless as to who you are responding to.

Looks like my CC usage will cease soon too. :-D

130k PCs - Yes
GOd rigs- No

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so you posted while I was typing.

Guys chill Extreme Gamer and Vicky bat
Remember why the previous thread was locked :)

Lets put it to rest now. Happy Independence day.

Peace

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

1 or 2 god rigs are fine.

I just wanted to point out that too high budgets dont always mean gaming god rigs.
people also spend on home workstations for about 1.2-2.5l. servers also cost money.

its not gonna take your income away so I dont see why a few "impractical setups" shoud not be there.
unless you are bored i do not think you waste work hours on rig design.

i am not fighting anyone. I have put my points across the table.
o was the single person to vote the 4th one, that all the other choices are against my views.

Sarath

iDota

^^^Aren't you calling for the third choice?
Why did you choose the fourth one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom