PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: PC Buying Guide - July 2011

what about lucid hydra mode with msi big bang ?

Lucid hydra is still immature enough for not to be recommended. It requires specified lucid hydra profile for the games to work. And still game scaling is far worse than both SLI or Crossfire.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Lucid hydra isn't that efficient. It allows to use dissimilar gpu's in multigpu setups.
But the scaling is pathetic.

For eg- Gtx 580 + 6970 (lucid hydra) <<<< 6970 cfx.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

added new configs.

@extreme gamer
i was a little busy.

@dep5kor
nice. tell me final one. i will add it.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Guys, today morning I was planning to get the new 990FXA based motherboard which can take my 3 dual slot cards (2 HD 6870 and a GTX 260 for PhysX). I was planning for the MSI 990FXA-GD80 , priced around 11.4K but it is not available and as per the Kolkata MSI distributor, it will be available @ end of this month. But I was desperate and started to read review of all available 990FX board and find out that as per the performance/Price ratio, Asus Sabertooth 990FXA is actually winner, in terms of sheer performance as well as build quality.

So I went to M.D. Computers, compared both the Sabertooth and Crosshair 990FXA in front of my eyes and bought the Sabertooth 990FXA, priced @ 13.5K + 4% vat = 14.04K.

Now there are some interesting news from M.D. computers which I wanna share with you and since this thread is the most visited thread, I'm posting it here.

There is one Independence Day offer, M.D. is providing the rest of the August month.
Description:
1. If you buy any Razer product from them in August, you will get a flat 20% discount on the price. Say if the price is 100X then it will be available @ 80X + 4% vat

2. If under a single bill, Razer products of worth 15K or higher is bought, there will be a flat 25% discount on the price.

3. On Razer Onza gaming Controllers, there is a flat 25% discount.

I think this offers are really cool and who are thinking fto get a mouse or mouse pad or keyboard or a controller for long times....rush now.

Here is the contact details of M.D.: Contact us

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Congrats for your purchase buddy. Sabertooth 990fxa is a very very good board and caters to all your needs. I will drop by to your place and check some cfx + physx magic.:grin:.

The information about Razer is extremely valuable for all prospective buyers eyeing razer products.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

@cilus:

That's really a superb piece of information. :razz:

Are they extending the offer on online purchases also?

And congrats for your purchase. One question: is the standard crossfire bridge long enough to put the cards in the 1st and the 3rd slot PCI-e slot? That would give the top card some breathing space. And I think PCI-e slot placements are better in Sabertooth as compared to Crosshair.

Cilus

laborare est orare

^^ Yes they are. If you check the pics I have posted earlier in showoff thread, you will find the the Bridge is actually in bent condition, not straight. If you straighten it, it will cover the distance.

Yes, the offer is valid in Online purchase also. But in their Online site not all the Razer products are available. So better call them and ask to speak with Mr. Palash. He will help you to get the Razer product.

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Congrats Cilus....yeah Asus Saburtooth is better than the MSI one read in reviews...great choice.:thumbs:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Yes they are. If you check the pics I have posted earlier in showoff thread, you will find the the Bridge is actually in bent condition, not straight. If you straighten it, it will cover the distance.

Yes, the offer is valid in Online purchase also. But in their Online site not all the Razer products are available. So better call them and ask to speak with Mr. Palash. He will help you to get the Razer product.

That's good to know.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Actually I am in Kolkata right now and not having my camera. There is some mobile phone pics. Will try to upload tomorrow once I can find the datacable:grin:

Piyush

Lanaya

@cilus
congrats :)
And I'm desperate to see the benchmarks of 2*6870+physx card

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Time to excercise democracy guys on this Independence eve. VOTE ABOVE.

Cilus congrats. Time for benches.

d3p

PowerHouse

IMO 134-150 makes sense & probably should include 3d Surround from Nvidia or AMD eyeinfinity sort of things...........what says ????

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Voted. There can be (infinity)^2 different ranges for configs. One should build a setup tailored to his requirements and not baseline budgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom