Overheating problems

ritish

Journeyman
I have got a laptop Core solo processor, 60 gb and have installed speed fan
my hdd temp shows 50 degrees. what shd be its ideal temp...

jasku

In the zone
Thanks all of you!...it is a real relief!...got the GPU issue sorted out too, again a lil bit of cleaing the exhaust was clogged with loads of dust, so took out the GPU and cleaned it with good old cotton bud!

NOw its idlin at 59C, and goes to about 80C on max load...I suppose this is ok?

bevin_mathews

Right off the assembly line
kaustav_geek said:
Hi,

I own an AMD64 3000+(Venice core). Can any one tell me the safe operating temp for this procy??

Well, under normal operation my procy runs at 52° C. Under load it shoots over 60° C !!!!! Its very scary. Any one owning this procy please share your experiences and possible remedies.

Gracias
well i have an AMD Athlon64 3200+. Even during Gaming <Bioshock 1024*768 all goodies on> my core doesnt shoot over 45 c. the Normal Temp during Running time is 36c doesnt cross 40 c. Check the heatsink, Fan and your Cabinet. May be obstrusctions causing temp rise???? Ask your vendor to check the amount of Heatpaste betwwen the processor and the sink...lol

jasku said:
Thanks all of you!...it is a real relief!...got the GPU issue sorted out too, again a lil bit of cleaing the exhaust was clogged with loads of dust, so took out the GPU and cleaned it with good old cotton bud!

NOw its idlin at 59C, and goes to about 80C on max load...I suppose this is ok?
Same here... My GPU does around 52 when idling and shoots to around 65 when Gaming. My GPU had a small ZAlman heatsink & fan . i wrenched it out and now i've attached a P4 Heatsink and fan on my 8600GT. The temps are much lower now...

Last edited:

Mohak

Broken In
my laptop gets very very hot and i think my fan is dirty. but i dont know how to open it. My Laptop is hp nx5000. Plz sum1 help me

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ get the HP service center if its still in warranty period, they will give u free service.. If u dont know to open... please dont do it........

longlife

Journeyman
Iam using E4300 Core2Duo with intel D945GCCRL mobo, but the CPU temp is always above 80^C. Intially at 80C and after sometine 83C, using asus fan which runs at 4500 rpm makes sound too much. How i can minimise sound????

janitha

Wise Old Owl
longlife said:
Iam using E4300 Core2Duo with intel D945GCCRL mobo, but the CPU temp is always above 80^C. Intially at 80C and after sometine 83C, using asus fan which runs at 4500 rpm makes sound too much. How i can minimise sound????

Possibly the HSF is not properly installed. Get it reinstalled after applying a good thermal paste like MX-2 or AS 5. Also ensure proper airflow in the cabinet by installing fans in proper orientation and keep it dust free.

The rpm and hence noise should come down with the reduction in temp.

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N
What should be the ideal temp of a 8600GT GPU core at zero load (no games/graphics app) ?

My PC has a XFX 8600GT 256 MB which heats up very quickly to 60 C. SpeedFan shows that the temp of the GPU core starts at around 46 C (just after booting into win XP) and climbs steadily to 54-55C @ 2 degrees every minute, finally idiling around 59-61 C. Is this normal...

I also noticed that the heat sink of the mother board is pretty close to the PCIe slot, in fact a part of card is only a few cm away, can this lead to the high temp :confused: ? By the way, I have only one 80mm fan in the rear of the cabby.

Any suggestions for getting a more "cool" experience ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Check ur card model no. Is it UDF7 then u got urself a pain!
Well still there are many solutions to do this.
First of all add a 120mm fan in the back of ur cabinet and if u can spend, then ZALMAN VF700, VF900CU,Thermalright HR-03 Plus.

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!
infact my 8800GTS is also very close to heat sink on my dg33fbc .. will it be a problem??

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N
Your XFX 8600GT is the UDF7 model which is the defective one and overheats.
RMA it/send it for replacement.

Check ur card model no. Is it UDF7 then u got urself a pain!
Well still there are many solutions to do this.
First of all add a 120mm fan in the back of ur cabinet and if u can spend, then ZALMAN VF700, VF900CU,Thermalright HR-03 Plus.

Nope, just checked the product# is PV-T84J-UDF3. Also, I sent a ticket to XFX tech support who replied with this
"Please note that anything between 45°-70° is considered normal for an idle temp, anything between 55°-100° is considered normal for under load temp. Ensure that you have adequate case ventilation, ie case fans/exhaust fans etc."

Looks like I'll have to go for more. Since 120mm wont fit in, will multiple 80mms (say one focussed right on top of the PCie slot) help ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Nope, just checked the product# is PV-T84J-UDF3. Also, I sent a ticket to XFX tech support who replied with this
"Please note that anything between 45°-70° is considered normal for an idle temp, anything between 55°-100° is considered normal for under load temp. Ensure that you have adequate case ventilation, ie case fans/exhaust fans etc."

Looks like I'll have to go for more. Since 120mm wont fit in, will multiple 80mms (say one focussed right on top of the PCie slot) help ?

Well thats crap! 100 degrees and its still a normal one?!!

here's what u can do:
Install a pair of 80mm fan in front and a pair in the back by the side of back panel and tie all the loose end cables, remove if possible!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@se7en_sg
a setup like this is as cheap as 150/-[for 3fans] and some 10~15 for long nuts nd bolts as stand.
*tinyurl.com/2dgq55

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N
@se7en_sg
a setup like this is as cheap as 150/-[for 3fans] and some 10~15 for long nuts nd bolts as stand.
*tinyurl.com/2dgq55

Thanks a lot dOm1naTOr! That looks like an effective cooling setup :); will see if i can make/find one in Chandni.

BTW, I did install a 80mm in a similar fashion(adjacent to a vent in the cabby side-panel) , perpendicular to the PCIe slot & the card & thanks to that both the card & mobo are much cooler now (the heat sink of the mobo, being pretty close is also getting cooled). I am now getting 57C for idle & around 70-75C after an hour of gaming. I hope the parallel fan-setup will bring down temp further :D.

Top Bottom