Overheating problems

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@asigh -
Found these products on mediahome.in page:
*www.mediahome.in/index.php?option=...e&category_id=50&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=80
Is it safe or trustworthy to get it from there?

Yes, Mediahome is a reliable e-retailer. No worries. Lynx is decent too. My whole signature (leaving monitor/UPS) was procured from Lynx.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Sid_gamer - most of the people would say Arctic silver is better but I've personally used CM Nano Fusion Which lowered the temp of a pentium D 930 to 34C from 46C :p

dilipc

Broken In
my system shuts down due to thermal event(overheating)

it asks to press F4 to continue.

what could be the reason..

cosmos

Broken In
@sid - This is one comparison i stumbled across on the internet for the TIM.
*benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=12

@dilipc - Download this and run in our system *www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/Real_Temp/
Report back the temp and why or when does ur systems restarts like gaming or photoshop, etc.

Cheers,
Cosmos

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Realtemp will only work if he has intel core series ( core 2 duo based cpu atleast ) cpu.

Better use coretemp if he had amd cpu ...

@ dilipc - what's your cpu and I think you getting the message press F4 for OC issue ... try to load bios default setting.

dilipc

Broken In
Realtemp will only work if he has intel core series ( core 2 duo based cpu atleast ) cpu.

Better use coretemp if he had amd cpu ...

@ dilipc - what's your cpu and I think you getting the message press F4 for OC issue ... try to load bios default setting.

mine is pentium 4 2.4ghz running win xp.

and what is OC issue.can u tell me how to overcome this.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Please update your signature, like we all have. It is difficult to diagnose your problem(s).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ dilipc - do what asigh has suggested ..

as you have p4 2.4GHz only way to know the cpu temp is through bios .. lok for option like system monitor or temp monitor in bios

if you want to know your temp from windows use everest ultimate edition :p

Provide in these details :

Mobo, Number of fans in cabby, SPMS brand and wattage, number of HDD and ODD drives.

To reset bios settings :

There are two ways to reset Bios settings : all bios have a option like this :
Restore Default Settings/Options - just select it, hit enter and save and quit - that should reset all bios settings to default

When you are unable to start your PC due to wrong OC settings - just remove the big battery on the mobo and replace it back after a minute or so - that should also reset the bios settings - you can also use jumpers of mobo to do this and more advanced mobos has dedicated switch to do this - for these steps read the mobo manual first carefully

ak24

Broken In
Hi guys i was going to purchase a Phenom II 955 BE mostly used for gaming purpose. I dont want to overclock it. Also i am getting PowerColor HD4770 512M GDDR5. Do i need a cooling device's or will the HSF also cabinet fan will take care of temp. I am a bit scared as this would be my first AMD system.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ak24- if you don't wish to OC get the top of the line Phenom II X4 965BE instead @ 8.5K and for the gpu get HD4850 ( 6.8K ) or HD5750 instead around 8.2K :p

BTW, what PSU and cabinet you are getting and with how many fans ??

ak24

Broken In
@ topgear I am getting a COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 cabinet with 2 fans. I am not sure about PSU the dealor said it was 400W. will that be ok ???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ What's the price you are paying for centurion - if it's around 5K then you better get CM 690 as it comes with 3 fans and has space for 4 more fans - so 7 120mm fans in total :p

Ask your dealer about the brand of the psu - you better stick with brands like Corsair or Saesonic ... get corsair VX450W around 4K or seasonic 430W around 3K. The best Quality VFM PSU right now is Corsair VX550W around 4.7K.

If you don't want to spend that much then get either gigabyte superb 460 around 2.5K.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
X4 955 BE idle temp at 41 degrees C

Guys,

Need urgent help,

I purchased a X4 955 BE processor yesterday. MOBI is ASUS EVO.
My X4 955 BE processor fan is running at 6200RPM when the CPU usage is 3%. Current processor temp is 41 degrees C.
Fan speed is so loud that i can hear it from my living room to my bedroom. :(

Help required :(

Top Bottom