Overheating problems

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
No if you fix only one fan as intake more dust will come inside.
So fix it as exhaust & yup, it will reduce temps.

If you have to choose between an exhaust and intake...then place and exhaust. Get the hot air out of the system assembly.

Can you not manage an intake someohow..??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
best way Keep the cabbie open!!
lolzz

But then a lot of dusts..gets in..when ever the room is swept. Really hate that...everything--after few months is coated with dust. :)

Ya..but even at times, I run the system with the side went open..!

sabarishwar

Broken In
ya heatsink is used b/w processor and the fan ...
Thermapaste in different cost according 2 u r budget ...it starting price Rs.10 to 100...
In chennai

thilina

From Sri Lanka
If you have to choose between an exhaust and intake...then place and exhaust. Get the hot air out of the system assembly.

Can you not manage an intake someohow..??

k,Ill fix it as exhaust.No,cnt manage an intake.Y,is it essential to hv dem both??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
k,Ill fix it as exhaust.No,cnt manage an intake.Y,is it essential to hv dem both??

1. Ideal Situation : INTAKE + EXHAUST: Intake pulls in fresh air and the exhaust dumps out the warmer air.
2. Your Situation : Only Exhaust : Warm air will get pushed out of the system, fresh air will come into the system, but not as fast...so cooling will be relatively less compared to (1).

thilina

From Sri Lanka
1. Ideal Situation : INTAKE + EXHAUST: Intake pulls in fresh air and the exhaust dumps out the warmer air.
2. Your Situation : Only Exhaust : Warm air will get pushed out of the system, fresh air will come into the system, but not as fast...so cooling will be relatively less compared to (1).

wt to do,got no other option:sad:

Still yaar....
Its better to keep it open....Dust can always b managed....
Moreover y b busy in this EXHAUST n INTAKE issues just keep d cabbie open n problem solved!!!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Still yaar....
Its better to keep it open....Dust can always b managed....
Moreover y b busy in this EXHAUST n INTAKE issues just keep d cabbie open n problem solved!!!!

You leave your CM690 nVidia SLI Edition cabinet open...? :shock: Such a beautiful work of art..and left like that. And don't tell me, you dont have any fans attached on your chassis. (Even on the CPU).

A closed cabinet:
1. Keeps the system dust free.
2. Air flow is maintained.
3. Expensive equipment is protected.
4. Less risk of electrical hazzard.
5. Looks neater.

An open cabinet is equivalent to driving with your car bonnet open....!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup. That's very odd if he keep open his CM690 side panels.

It's has provision for 7 fans if I'm not wrong ( of which 3 fans come bundled - I front intake, I side intake & one rear exhaust ) & it has the the best air circulation & component placement in it's class.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yup. That's very odd if he keep open his CM690 side panels.

It's has provision for 7 fans if I'm not wrong ( of which 3 fans come bundled - I front intake, I side intake & one rear exhaust ) & it has the the best air circulation & component placement in it's class.

Yes..true..Believe me..its a really good cabinet. Using it myself..!

veedee

Right off the assembly line
I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop and it has some sever heating issues. Its processor throttles at around 65 degrees and i cannot play any games for more than 10 minutes. And when it doesnt throttle, it can go upto 100 degrees. Dell has replaced my motherboard and heatsink thrice but there has been no difference. They are just not ready to accept that there is something wrong. They keep stalling by issuing crappy statements such as "it is supposed to get hot" and that my system "is a notebook and NOT a laptop, hence it is not to be used on my lap". I mean, thats ridiculous. I think theres something wrong with the processor or the thermistors, because this thing gets so hot that it scalds my thighs. How do i convince them that they should issue a system replacement.

Processor - T9400 2.53 GHz 6 MB LCache
Centrino 2 platform

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop and it has some sever heating issues. Its processor throttles at around 65 degrees and i cannot play any games for more than 10 minutes. And when it doesnt throttle, it can go upto 100 degrees. Dell has replaced my motherboard and heatsink thrice but there has been no difference. They are just not ready to accept that there is something wrong. They keep stalling by issuing crappy statements such as "it is supposed to get hot" and that my system "is a notebook and NOT a laptop, hence it is not to be used on my lap". I mean, thats ridiculous. I think theres something wrong with the processor or the thermistors, because this thing gets so hot that it scalds my thighs. How do i convince them that they should issue a system replacement.

Processor - T9400 2.53 GHz 6 MB LCache
Centrino 2 platform

If it gets so hot that you cannot keep it on your lap..there is definatly an issue.

Show the service engineer this....and what temperature monitoring software you using...also as per INTEL specs, what temperatures..are safe..?

veedee

If it gets so hot that you cannot keep it on your lap..there is definatly an issue.

Show the service engineer this....and what temperature monitoring software you using...also as per INTEL specs, what temperatures..are safe..?

even the service engineer says that it is normal to get hot but 100 degrees? thats unbelievable. he just wont accept the fact. im stuck pretty bad here.

i use hwmonitor to monitor temps

VenkiP4

Broken In
got a problem....My GPU (Palit GTX 260) was at 85c yesterday while playing Prototype(MAX settings, 1900x1080)...is it normal?

Mike84

Broken In
even the service engineer says that it is normal to get hot but 100 degrees? thats unbelievable. he just wont accept the fact. im stuck pretty bad here.

i use hwmonitor to monitor temps
Am not sure, but T940 is a hot processor in my opinion.
See my GX720 spec... its a much less powerful processor than urs and should generate lot lesser heat. But i still cannot play games and keep it on my lap [:p]
for normal work it stays very normal, but as soon as i kick in a bit of overclocking(MSI Turbo) and start high end games, it get pretty hot... around 65 C imo... havent checked though. But i guess its normal for a mid-range gaming laptop.

veedee

Am not sure, but T940 is a hot processor in my opinion.
See my GX720 spec... its a much less powerful processor than urs and should generate lot lesser heat. But i still cannot play games and keep it on my lap [:p]
for normal work it stays very normal, but as soon as i kick in a bit of overclocking(MSI Turbo) and start high end games, it get pretty hot... around 65 C imo... havent checked though. But i guess its normal for a mid-range gaming laptop.

That's where the problem is. You think 65 degrees is hot. Well mine reaches 100 degrees and doesn't even shut down! I think the thermistors are bad. I've attached screenshots of the temps a few posts back.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
got a problem....My GPU (Palit GTX 260) was at 85c yesterday while playing Prototype(MAX settings, 1900x1080)...is it normal?

Yup, it's normal for this kind of GPU though it would be better if you can keep it under 80C :p

Top Bottom