Overheating problems

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
WoW! that's some huge temp drop. have you OCed your cpu or it's running at stock speed ?

BTW, congrats on your new purchase ;-)

Thanks top gear ...I havent OCed my CPU as of now. Its running on stock speeds.. but I plan to do it in the future. I am a newbie when it comes to overclocking :-o

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ np buddy - check out this thread - you will get a lot of experience there ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/121070-overclock-list-discussion-thread.html

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys my cousin is having a toshiba 100A(9009E) laptop.back from 2 years it crashes after some time and i checked its temp in speed fan it showed idle temp of 50C and load above 100C and another thing is it is not showing the speed of the heat-sink fan,nothing has been mentioned about the fan.Actually the problem started when the laptop fell on the ground and the battery spring detached and it was roaming inside the laptop hitting here and there.so,i think it would have created some damage in there.so how can i fix this?

sukesh1090

Adam young
but some air comes out of the ventilation.or are you telling that losse of contact between processor and heat sink?thank you.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys,how to keep my netbook cool. It just hangs after 4-5 hours of DL on torrent. Bottom is getting really really hot.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@asingh,
may be using external laptop cooler.but i don't think it will make much difference, so the best way is knowing the reason for its extreme heating and finding solution like me:grin:

sukesh1090

Adam young
is it completely sealed?how can it be....bcoz about two months back i got my acer netbook's lcd changed in service center and he done it by opening it completely.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
then what are you waiting for??you know a lot about computer,so why are you hesitating to open it and take a look?
Opening a laptop is a bit risky, I once broke a screw on my HP530 and cannot remove the odd any more, not that I need to, but I won't be able to change it in future.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had opened up my laptop to re-TIM the processor. It used to reach 90+ on load and used to get hot while even watching videos. If you'll ask me, it is a PITA process. Luckily managed to assemble it back well.

Best would be if asingh takes it to company service center.

sukesh1090

Adam young
can't he just open the back and just clean the heatsink fan with vacuum cleaner or brush?then disassembling everything.will it be difficult to do so?
btw just take a look at the you tube videos for clarification only,don't try them.:D.because some of the videos out there are made by:crazy: people.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
While opening the back, does the screen also come off, and the keyboard falls off..???
In my HP530, to remove the back I needed to remove the screen, keyboard, power switch panel as well as wireless card, the process is tedious and you might end up breaking small components, just take it to a service center, or google search for "<laptop model> dissembling" for posts with images.

can't he just open the back and just clean the heatsink fan with vacuum cleaner or brush?then disassembling everything.will it be difficult to do so?
btw just take a look at the you tube videos for clarification only,don't try them.:D.because some of the videos out there are made by:crazy: people.
Very difficult, trust me, I've opened and assemble countless machines and gpus but I've opened only one laptop so far, it took 3 hours to reassemble, I broke a screw and will never do again.
IT WAS HELL.

keur

Right off the assembly line
Hi team digit,I am an regular reader of ur magzine.....
my problem is that cpu temperature is getting above normal (CPU TEMPERATURE=65 C) .Whenever I use more than 2 or 3 application,PC totally hangs up,at this point
neither mouse nor keyboard works,it totally freezes up.....
MY PC CONFIGURATION IS-
->AMD athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.00ghz
->1.5 gb ddr1 ram
->80gb seagate hdd (IDE)
PLZZZ HELP GUYSSS....:-(

Top Bottom