Overheating problems

Rajesh345

Youngling
*img543.imageshack.us/img543/7878/idleload.png

config =MD Phenom II X6 1055T ,Benq G2220HD 22 ,GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H ,COOLER MASTER Elite 310 ,CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 X2 , FSP Saga II 500 W HD 5750

Monitoring software : AIDA64 for monitoring(ex Everest home edition)

i guess this temp is ok for my system ?

earlier with only 1x Fan (the once which came preinstalled with cabinet) at load temp reached ~ 65c (while folding)

these readings are taken with 3x 120mm fan +SMPS's fan 120mm[Idle and Load[]

tkin

Back to school!!
*img543.imageshack.us/img543/7878/idleload.png

config =MD Phenom II X6 1055T ,Benq G2220HD 22 ,GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H ,COOLER MASTER Elite 310 ,CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 X2 , FSP Saga II 500 W HD 5750

Monitoring software : AIDA64 for monitoring(ex Everest home edition)

i guess this temp is ok for my system ?

earlier with only 1x Fan (the once which came preinstalled with cabinet) at load temp reached ~ 65c (while folding)

these readings are taken with 3x 120mm fan +SMPS's fan 120mm[Idle and Load[]
Temp is fine, but do use HWMonitor to view temps.

tkin

Back to school!!
Looks fine.

PS: To all amd users, is it a bit conspicuous that all 6 of his proccy core temps are same? Does that happen with AMD? (Most intel 775 quad cores like Q6600 etc. do not show this)

WTH: 7000RPM fan? Is that faulty?

Rajesh345

Youngling
Looks fine.

PS: To all amd users, is it a bit conspicuous that all 6 of his proccy core temps are same? Does that happen with AMD? (Most intel 775 quad cores like Q6600 etc. do not show this)

WTH: 7000RPM fan? Is that faulty?

only H/W Monitor reporting all Core 1 to 6 and CPU as same, but everest is reporting ~ 8 C difference between CPU and each core (look my earlier post )

and Fans i using are

Stock CPU cooler fan (Everest(AiDA64 ) showing as 4500 rpm
Coolermaster Cabnet fan (preinstalled) 786 RPM
2x CoolerMaster 120MM led fans(no sensors i think )(connect to molex power cable)

*img52.imageshack.us/img52/1559/tempxw.jpg

i guess problem with HWmonitor, HWmonitor added 1 extra Zero to CPU Fan speed

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, that could be wrong RPM reading by those monitoring apps but I don't think your fan was rotaing at 700/450 RPM either - most of the stock cpu fans rotate at ~1500-2000 in idle mode anyway but as long as is temp in check there's nothing to worry about cpu fan speed ;-)

Yea, 7000 RPM ! What fan is it?

looks like it's cpu fan speed but at that speed it will sound like jet engine for sure ;-)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
yep, that could be wrong RPM reading by those monitoring apps but I don't think your fan was rotaing at 700/450 RPM either - most of the stock cpu fans rotate at ~1500-2000 in idle mode anyway but as long as is temp in check there's nothing to worry about cpu fan speed ;-)

looks like it's cpu fan speed but at that speed it will sound like jet engine for sure ;-)
It looks more like the fan of a Vacuum cleaner.

Rajesh345

Youngling

if i swap stock CPU HS with Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU cooler +new TIM any idea/estimate on how much temp difference can i get ?

OCed temp at Load
*img834.imageshack.us/img834/9605/octemp.jpg

thank u again

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
What CPU temps do you get?

Hi

MY SYSTEM

Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 @ 1.36V
with CM V6GT with CM supplied thermal paste

SOFTWARE FOR TESTING
OCCT with default CPU testing settings after 2-3 mins of testing, and this gives a much much higher temperature than SuperPi or almost any game out there :D Besides, OCCT takes you near the maximum or so temperature within 2 mins or so after which your temperature doesn't increase that steadily, if at all!

@STOCK
IDLE: Lowest Core Around 20C
FULL LOAD: Lowest Core Around 38-40C

@OC
IDLE: Lowest Core Around 20C Highest Core Around 30C
FULL LOAD: Lowest Core Around 50C and Highest Around 58-62 and 63 for some time

Can you guys also post your STOCK and OC, IDLE and FULL LOAD temps?

Also, if you use Prime 95 or gaming load, then expect a temperature at least 10-15C or so higher with OCCT :p

Not sure why this needs a new thread. We have a dedicated thread to over heating. It can be discussed there. Moving it.

Also if someone wants to flaunt their system thermals, we need screenshots. Seeing is believing here. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Re: What CPU temps do you get?

E2180 @2.0GHz stock cooler,

idle : 33
Full load : 50(Prime 95)

Q8400 @2.66GHz stock cooler,

idle : 44 avg
Full load : 69 avg

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: What CPU temps do you get?

It looks more like the fan of a Vacuum cleaner.

I talked about what that could sound like ;-)

if i swap stock CPU HS with Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU cooler +new TIM any idea/estimate on how much temp difference can i get ?

OCed temp at Load
*img834.imageshack.us/img834/9605/octemp.jpg

thank u again

expect to see 5-8C temp diff under load ( though it's a wild guess )

Hi

Can you guys also post your STOCK and OC, IDLE and FULL LOAD temps?

Also, if you use Prime 95 or gaming load, then expect a temperature at least 10-15C or so higher with OCCT :p

Not sure why this needs a new thread. We have a dedicated thread to over heating. It can be discussed there. Moving it.

Also if someone wants to flaunt their system thermals, we need screenshots. Seeing is believing here. Sorry.

^^ mine ( athlon II x4 630 at stock 2.8 Ghz ) is under CM Hyper 212 and idle temp is 30C and load temp 41C ( the ambient is too high - around 36-37C anyway.

BTW, talking about screenshots check out this ( 3.7 Ghz with 1.5V vcore under CM Hyper 212 ) winter season ;-)

*i51.tinypic.com/2m4eibb.png

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclock...ock-list-discussion-thread-7.html#post1323327

way too cool , eh ? :cool: ;-)

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Hello guys,

Finally purchased a Cooler Master N620 CPU cooler :smile: . I am simply loving it .When playing F1 2010 (Dx11, 1920*1080p at ultra settings) my CPU used to touch 68degrees easily. Now , its doing around 52degrees when playing the same game at same settings.(CoreTemp running in background). Hyper212+ was out of stock.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Hello guys,

Finally purchased a Cooler Master N620 CPU cooler :smile: . I am simply loving it .When playing F1 2010 (Dx11, 1920*1080p at ultra settings) my CPU used to touch 68degrees easily. Now , its doing around 52degrees when playing the same game at same settings.(CoreTemp running in background). Hyper212+ was out of stock.

^^Forgot to add the mandatory pics :p..Hence attaching the pics ..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello guys,

WoW! that's some huge temp drop. have you OCed your cpu or it's running at stock speed ?

BTW, congrats on your new purchase ;-)

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
i5 2500k @stock cooler no OC
min/idle 38 to 42 C
max 72 C(prime 95) during games 68 C (crysis , nfs hp etc)

sparkle gtx560ti
min/idle ~42 C
max 78 Cduring games

All temperatures as obvered in CPU ID hardware moniter

room temperature 30-33 C no AC

Top Bottom