Overheating problems

Krow

Crowman
Well you have done a ton of posts, so that qualifies you to be vintage.
Okay. Agreed. :D
Okay you have one fan for exhaust at the back. What you have for intake...?
Try to put a 120mm for intake and exhaust.

You have the Elite 334, so would suggest the following:

1. Put the back fan as exhaust x 120MM
2. Put the front fan (HDD area) and intake x 120MM
3. Remove the Air duct on the side panel,mount and intake x 90MM
I had the HDD fan, which I put on top of the TRUE, for nice cooling, but now HDD's are touching 47 and 41, so gotta replace the fan where it was. You can only put one 80mm on the side, 90mm will be a bit too large I think... I mostly am wrong though.

Mount all fans with filters, I made this mistake, and my umpteen fans are pulling in dust.
Tell me more about filters as I dunno anything about them. Which one's to buy, how much to pay, links too please. :)
@ Aish

CM elite 334 cannot do any push pull technique on the cabinet . it smaller than CM690
Yes, we can do push pull. Push out is at the back 120mm, pull in at the front bottom 120mm.
@ Krow

Dude i think there is problem with Sensors in the phenom 2 CPU's , many of them are getting 0 degree idle 7 degree on load - u believe it ??

dont worry just oVerclock urself to 4Ghz any see any BSOD is there i dont think any !!

Get MX 2 / Arctic silver 5 and Overclock
Not changing the thermal paste, but getting a great fan for TRUE. OC is later sure, after I finish this project of video editing (going on now). I choose to believe my sensors for now. I want to be on the safer side, don't I? :)

Can he not put an intake in the front, seems...so.
I can and I already had, but now gotta buy fan for TRUE.

@ Krow - what temps ( idle and load ) you are getting after mounting the cooler horizontally ?
idle 38-42 and load under intel burn test max 57. Closed cabinet temps are higher though, by about 3-5 degrees either way.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@sxyadii:
Coolermaster Fusion is a good TIM. I am using that. It also does not have a settle in period. Also the other ones mentioned by DGM are nice.

@Krow:
It seems you are good to go. Just do the following. Put the 120MM pull and push fans. It will keep a clean circulation path. Forget about the side panel fan if you want. Remove that stupid air duct. I doubt it does any good.

You can get fan filters in most computer shops. It is put between the mesh and the fan. It prevents dust from crossing into the cabinet. Though if your system is in an a/c room no need for filters.

Show us an OCCT burn test...please. At least 30 mins. Not doubting you..wanna see.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for CM Nano Fusion :p I already applied it for 10 times and still some paste left :p

@ krow - The temps are just fine. Are you running your proc at stock speed ?

Krow

Crowman
@Krow:
It seems you are good to go. Just do the following. Put the 120MM pull and push fans. It will keep a clean circulation path. Forget about the side panel fan if you want. Remove that stupid air duct. I doubt it does any good.
Removed the air duct first thing as with it, the TRUE will NOT fit in my Elite-334. Could you recommend side panel performance fans? I'll buy one later on.
You can get fan filters in most computer shops. It is put between the mesh and the fan. It prevents dust from crossing into the cabinet. Though if your system is in an a/c room no need for filters.
Its not in an A/C room and will probably never be. How much to pay for a fan filter? What all should I look for before buying it? Any brands you might want to recommend?

Show us an OCCT burn test...please. At least 30 mins. Not doubting you..wanna see.
I downloaded OCCT yesterday, I will do the test by today evening, I will post it then. I recommend you guys do an Intel Burn Test (Linpack) of your OC's. It is the most stressful method of your OC testing and also gets completed within half an hour max.

topgear said:
The temps are just fine. Are you running your proc at stock speed ?
Yup, I'm @ stock. Hmmm... Want to lower them further and that's why gonna buy a GREAT fan.

@ ALL: Here's what I'm considering :

*www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/do-fans-104202.html

Please help me choose from among these fans. I am looking at the Scythe Ultra Kaze as @ 133CFM for 875 bucks looks VFM to me. I'm open to all views though. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Not sure about the price for a FAN filter, but max Rs. 120-150 should be fine. Coolermaster makes fan filters.

Intel Burn test never seems to run on my sytem --- it always causes it to crash. So I make do with OCCT and Prime95. Even Furmark burns the pants of the system.

Krow, not sure how to advice about the fans. I just go for 120mm Coolermaster fans. HEY, what GPU you have. Cannot see it in your signature.

When will you try a small OC, and test the TRUE.

Krow

Crowman
I think you should try on a lower clock as it is the ultimate test. With a push pull config today I Intel Burn Tested my system with maximum RAM, temps never above 55 degrees. Used the stock cabinet fan as second fan. :p

I don't have a GPU. Using onboard GFX, which is very good IMO. Not for hardcore gamers, but for casual gamers like myself, it is great. :p

My system survived prime95 for 24 hours at max 54 degrees. Not OCing now, but I will after I get a good fan. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I think you should try on a lower clock as it is the ultimate test. With a push pull config today I Intel Burn Tested my system with maximum RAM, temps never above 55 degrees. Used the stock cabinet fan as second fan. :p

I don't have a GPU. Using onboard GFX, which is very good IMO. Not for hardcore gamers, but for casual gamers like myself, it is great. :p

My system survived prime95 for 24 hours at max 54 degrees. Not OCing now, but I will after I get a good fan. :)

There is a general rule of law:
"IF THY HAS NON STOCK HSF --- THEN THOUGH SHALT OC CPU ASAP"

Why wait man. Rip it....!

Regarding Intel Burn Test:
It does not crash my system during stress test. It causes it to crash, as soon as I launch it.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ krow - looking at the cfm rating the fan you selected ie Scythe Ultra Kaze DFS123812-3000 is a steal. Go, get that without thinking twice. 3000 RPM fan with 133.6CFM airflow at Rs. 875 is just a steal. :p

Krow

Crowman
@ asigh Waiting for a nice fan man... My expenditure elsewhere is increasing, so gotta wait. Don't wanna OC with high temps. :(

@ topgear Just what I felt, but I saw a deal somewhere on TE for Silverstone 110 CFM 2000 RPM @ 790 bucks with controller, so when I don't need the fan to run at high speed, I can reduce it to lower ones as the noise might get to head sometimes. The Scythe Ultra is 45 dBA, which is too much considering that it will run always at same speed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always prioritize cooling over noise and 45dba is just bearable enough for me :p

Here take a look at this list and see how much noise you can tolerate :p
*www.sengpielaudio.com/TableOfSoundPressureLevels.htm

ruturaj3

Journeyman
I hav zebronics peace. It shows cabinet temp. on LCD display.
Is it possible to c tat value by any software. And its 120 mm fan is temp. controlled. Can i mak it on by software.

mannrak2003

win2k intrnls xpert
Hi I have Zebronics Bijli cabinet.anybody knows the CFM values of the 80 mm fans and the 120mm fans shipped with the Bijli cabinet ? I plan to install another 120-mm fan on the back side of the cabinet.I read somewhere that the CFM values shoud match for both the intake and exhaust fans.Thats why.
Another doubt.I am using Battery Care to check CPU temps.My Q8200 shows 65-66 degree C at idle .Is it normal?If not what remedial action should be taken?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hi I have Zebronics Bijli cabinet.anybody knows the CFM values of the 80 mm fans and the 120mm fans shipped with the Bijli cabinet ? I plan to install another 120-mm fan on the back side of the cabinet.I read somewhere that the CFM values shoud match for both the intake and exhaust fans.Thats why.
Another doubt.I am using Battery Care to check CPU temps.My Q8200 shows 65-66 degree C at idle .Is it normal?If not what remedial action should be taken?

65-66 idle is sure not good !
use good thermal paste & ventilation in the cabinet

u can get Cooler master 80CFM 120MM fan put in the side panel

mannrak2003

win2k intrnls xpert
Please give me a more specific reply. Which paste to use .How to provide good ventilation inside the Zebronics Bijli cabinet? Should i replace the fans shipped with the cabinet? Again whats the CFM for those fans?
How to remove the front side Blue fan?It is inaccessible .those fans CFM should be balanced,right?which model no:s of 120 mm and 80 mm fans do TD-ians recommend?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Please give me a more specific reply. Which paste to use .How to provide good ventilation inside the Zebronics Bijli cabinet? Should i replace the fans shipped with the cabinet? Again whats the CFM for those fans?
How to remove the front side Blue fan?It is inaccessible .those fans CFM should be balanced,right?which model pf 120 mm and 80 mm fans do TD-ians recommend?

As for thermal paste - Arctic Silver 5 , MX-2 & Cooler master fusion are good TIM - thermal interface materiel

u no need to remove the front fan add a 120MM fan in the back of the cabinet for exhaust and in the side panel straight to processor HSf - add the cooler master 120MM fan for air intake

the front side fan is for air intake so leave it

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I hav zebronics peace. It shows cabinet temp. on LCD display.
Is it possible to c tat value by any software. And its 120 mm fan is temp. controlled. Can i mak it on by software.

Yes you can do it. You can get a temperature monitoring device, which connects a DIODE to the system (anywhere), and the temperature is reported on a LCD. Multiple DIODES can be set.

Never heard of Battery Care. Can you post temperatures using RealTEMP. Do the senson test, and run PRIME95 two worker threads. Post a screen shot of the log which is generated.

Top Bottom