Overheating problems

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
sagargv said:
@sid_sh85 , ambient is the temp of the sorrounding . . mostly remote2 refers to gpu . .dunno

coming back to my overheating problem on my 8600GT , i wasnt in the house for 15 days and it took me 15 days to get that stupid fan and the vendor to fix it ( LOL ) . .. now while my case is closed , while playing carbon , temp is between 80-85C and peak is 90C . i havent yet tested with the case open . . is this better ? according to him(my vendor ) the prob aint with the g-card . there's a heatsink on the mobo just above the pcie slot which is passing the heat to the g-card . . .he recommends a more roomy cabby .. . i'll get back with the temps when the case is open and i am open to suggestions . . oh and he says the pci slot cooler wont help much coz the g-card is fan cooled and not passive cooled and the super extra heat is due that heat sink . .

and if i may mention , idle temp reduced frm 67C to 57C after putting the exhaust fan . is it better to let the exhaust fan as exhaust or make it to act as inlet . i dont mind keeping the cabby open while playing games . .

ok , i tested carbon with the cabby open . peak 88C , most of the time around 80-85C . .
The total amount of air getting in should be equivalent to the amount of air getting out.So if u have two fans for inlet u should have two fans for outlet.Opening the case and running the pc will most probably disrupt the air flow.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Harvik780 said:
The total amount of air getting in should be equivalent to the amount of air getting out.So if u have two fans for inlet u should have two fans for outlet.Opening the case and running the pc will most probably disrupt the air flow.

ok . but my cabby ( mostly i will get a new one next month ) , doesnt have an option to put a inlet fan . . . i will try again with the case closed . but i'm pretty sure it'l yield higher temps..
the top portion of the PCB of the g-card seems to be very hot . although the gpu fan is spinning , i dont feel the hot air from the sides . will adding a pci slot cooler help ?

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Hey guyz...i opened my cabby to chk for air flow....jst tell me one thing....my powersupply(450W) is not 24-pin...its lesser...is tht a cause for heating tooo????

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
sagargv said:
ok . but my cabby ( mostly i will get a new one next month ) , doesnt have an option to put a inlet fan . . . i will try again with the case closed . but i'm pretty sure it'l yield higher temps..
the top portion of the PCB of the g-card seems to be very hot . although the gpu fan is spinning , i dont feel the hot air from the sides . will adding a pci slot cooler help ?
Did u check the underneath the drives bay.Most ATX cabinets have two vents there for inlet of air.The air is drawn in from underneath.

Demonkiller

4Ghz Here I come !
:mad: Well my normal pc temp is 43-45C but when i test on pc marks 05 it shot up to 83degree C each core. My xfx 7300gs has a idle temp of 74C. I got 2 fans blowing air directly on the cpu fan. Its the original fan. I need to know the cheapest method of cooling them(500rs max) cause mom will kill me if i ask for more. She already bought me the comp as a gift for 22k.:p

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
83C is too high, it should not cross 60c at full load. Better check if the HSF is seated properly or it maybe that you got that bad IHS. Also idle temp, for 7300GS is too high, those should be your load temps.
Improve the airflow within the cabby (there are numerous guides........just google).

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@sid_sh85
It cud cause unstability at loads especially when you have got a graphics card. The extra pin mobo connector powers the PCI_E bus.

@Demonkiller
U mentioned that the normal core temps is at 43. Get the reading of the CPU fan at that moment and also the CPU fan reading at 80c.
Probably the fan shud run at max speed when proccy shoots up to 80.
Chech if the fan is covered with dust. Clean the heatsink and fan with a wet earbuds.

Update your mobo firmware. The temp might be wrongly shown by some firware. It happened to my friend. The load CPU temps dropped from 65c to 53c.

Lastly clean all the fans in ur cabby.

Last edited:

Demonkiller

4Ghz Here I come !
The fans aint dirty in anyway. Just bought em last month. Barely used the comp 5-6 times since i bought it. And the temps were at stock speeds on everything.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Here's my config and the temps-
Asus P5N32-E SLI
XFX geforce 8800gts 640Mb
1 sata 250 gb seagate
1 sata sony aw-s170s DVD writer
Core 2 Duo e6600
2*1gb DDR2 667Mhz in dual Channel
Corsair-HX620W modular power supply
4 80mm Fans 2 intake 2 exhaust
Temps-
Mobo idle-37-39c
Mobo peak load-44c max
Processor idle-49c-51c
Processor peak load-57c Max
Gfx idle-57c avg
Gfx peak load-74c
Other
Overclocking
Memory voltage-2.0V

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I have a core two duo processor E6300@1.86GHz.I just downloaded speed fan and it shows my cpu temp. to be:

Cpu: 51c
internal temp.: 39c
remote temp: 45c
hd0: 40c
core0: 54c
core1: 52c

I don't know much about the temperatures but there is a burning sign on cpu,core0,and core1 temperatures which has scared me.

Is the temp. normal or I need to do something?

I think the temp. musta been much higher in past months as the climate is much cooler now.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
sagargv said:
they're OK if u tested with load . too high for idle.
I checked while it was mostly idle just antivirus and firefox.Interestingly I played serious sam 2 for 15 min. to check the rise in temp. but there was none.I am planning to buy a graphic card but I think it will generate even more heat which is not good for my system.I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
The_Devil_Himself said:
I have a core two duo processor E6300@1.86GHz.I just downloaded speed fan and it shows my cpu temp. to be:

Cpu: 51c
internal temp.: 39c
remote temp: 45c
hd0: 40c
core0: 54c
core1: 52c

I don't know much about the temperatures but there is a burning sign on cpu,core0,and core1 temperatures which has scared me.

Is the temp. normal or I need to do something?

I think the temp. musta been much higher in past months as the climate is much cooler now.
The CPU temp that is 51c is shown by the Tcase sensor between the two cores.On core 2 duo it should not cross the 61c mark if its crossing and u are not experiencing any stability issues then its probably showing the wrong temp I too have used Speed fan and it overshoots the safe mark at even stock speeds.The core0 and core1 temps are shown by the TJunction sensors one within each core and if its shooting above 80c u need to be worried any thing less than or equal to 65c at full load is considered safe 70c is warm 80c is throttling(cpu reverts to lower clocks)and 85c is shutdown(If u don't believe then take out the cpu heatsik of a core2duo and watch as it shutsdown).Just download coretemp to monitor the core temps and see if they hit anywhere near the 80c mark on full load.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^I have core temp. too and it shows the same temp. shown above.

To check temp. in loaded conditions I played mafia(i love it) at highest settings for about 15 min. and then saw the log created by core temp.
Maximum reached:59c
Normal:55-56c
lowest 52c

Is it ok?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^I have core temp. too and it shows the same temp. shown above.

To check temp. in loaded conditions I played mafia(i love it) at highest settings for about 15 min. and then saw the log created by core temp.
Maximum reached:59c
Normal:55-56c
lowest 52c

Is it ok?
Download orthos and stress test ur system with it for atleast 1.5 hours.Playing mafia is not going to show the temperature at full load as even the latest games are not able to fully load the core 2 duos.Even lost planet barely manages 50% of total cpu usage(Uses only one cpu and leaves other for windows).

Top Bottom