Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
seems like MS is trolling Pirates :D
Either way,Im happy because I have 4 geniune Windows 7 Licenses(1 desktop,3 laptop)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
seems like MS is trolling Pirates :D
Either way,Im happy because I have 4 geniune Windows 7 Licenses(1 desktop,3 laptop)

Same for me mate, Genuine Windows 7 license for my Desktop,Genuine Windows-8.1 license for my laptop,Genuine Windows-8.1 license for my Tablet IBall WQ32.:-D:high5:
Awaiting for the Consumer Copy of Windows 10 to arrive(FREE for us :p :wink:).

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah me too. I got 4 laptops running official and 2 running unofficial version of windows 8.

Last edited:

BryanM35

Broken In
I have used many windows or recently I installed 8.1 it runs perfectly and I am waiting for something new in Window 10.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
i had like 20ish copies dreamspark windows 8.1 copiesss.. these newbs in college still havent changed their default password.. lel
i installed each one of them in my brother's office pcs

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i had like 20ish copies dreamspark windows 8.1 copiesss.. these newbs in college still havent changed their default password.. lel
i installed each one of them in my brother's office pcs

noob question but can dreamspark product keys for Windows Server,Thin client etc be used for consumer versions?
I have a basic dreamspark so I didnt get free consumer product key ,got product keys for every other version of windows

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Not sure what you mean (your posts needs corrections). But I have a dreamspark account, and I am using a key that I received for the Server 2008 R2 edition of windows.
Again, not sure if I answered your question.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Not sure what you mean (your posts needs corrections). But I have a dreamspark account, and I am using a key that I received for the Server 2008 R2 edition of windows.
Again, not sure if I answered your question.

so you used a Server 2008 R2 key for 8.1 Pro activation?
I recieved keys for every version except consumer(8.1 Pro)
Have 7-8 keys for most editions of Server,ThinPC etc so was wondering if they can be used for Pro activation

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No, I am using Server 2008 R2 key to activate and use Server 2008 R2 edition windows. You can't use that key to activate any version of Windows 8.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I actually am using windows 10 tech preview latest build. Those features above are more or less there, and they look really promising.

ratul

█████████████████
Windows 7 and 8.1 users, latest update from M$ has installed something called GWX (seemingly Get Windows 10) on my system under C:\Windows\System32\GWX.

*i.imgur.com/52ft8Bw.jpg

Flash

Lost in speed
Windows 7 and 8.1 users, latest update from M$ has installed something called GWX (seemingly Get Windows 10) on my system under C:\Windows\System32\GWX.

*i.imgur.com/52ft8Bw.jpg
Your Windows 7 or 8.1 PC could alert you when the final version of Windows 10 is ready | Windows Central

Top Bottom