Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Want free Windows 10? Here's the catch:
Windows 10 Upgrade - Free Doesn't Mean It Won't Cost Anything

tl;dr: Catch is your FREEDOM. I would rather use Ubuntu. -_-

amjath

Human Spambot
Want free Windows 10? Here's the catch:
Windows 10 Upgrade - Free Doesn't Mean It Won't Cost Anything

tl;dr: Catch is your FREEDOM. I would rather use Ubuntu. -_-
Whoever having a genuine copy will get windows 10 as free no time limit.

If it is pirated they are letting you to try and buy it in an year

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Windows 10: 10 great new features in store for you | Digit.in

So, there are hoards of changes in Windwos 10. DirectX 12 too which promises to bring XBox like quality of gaming to PCs.
But one thing which I find good is that the footprint of Windows after it's installed will also be less. Nice Microsoft.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Windows 10: 10 great new features in store for you | Digit.in

So, there are hoards of changes in Windwos 10. DirectX 12 too which promises to bring XBox like quality of gaming to PCs.
But one thing which I find good is that the footprint of Windows after it's installed will also be less. Nice Microsoft.

I think its the opposite, DX12 will give a quality boost to future Xbox one titles because they want to optimize it on limited hardware

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think its the opposite, DX12 will give a quality boost to future Xbox one titles because they want to optimize it on limited hardware

That makes so much sense now.
Anyway, is there any expected ETA for fully stable Windows 10?

Last edited:

kapilove77

Padawan
Finally 29th July is final release date of Window 10.

Windows 10 Will Be Released July 29th, Reserve Your Free Copy Now

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Won't you guys wait for atleast a month before jumping to Win 10? Initial release of Windows are prone to bugs.
Or are you willing to be beta testers?

icebags

Technomancer
Won't you guys wait for atleast a month before jumping to Win 10? Initial release of Windows are prone to bugs.

:high5: i agree and will wait..... will learn from these people experiences before jumping into the well.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Im tired of Windows 7, I need something new man

Tired of Win 7? We never got tired of Win XP in a decade and you got tired with Win 7 in what a couple of years? :p

:high5: i agree and will wait..... will learn from these people experiences before jumping into the well.

Having said that in my previous post, I might try Win 10 on the launch date, since my primary OS as of these days is Ubuntu. xD

Reloaded

In the zone
I got the upgrade message too.

Is it free forever or only for the first year? I heard you have pay yearly subscription fees.

amjath

Human Spambot
I got the upgrade message too.

Is it free forever or only for the first year? I heard you have pay yearly subscription fees.
It is free if you have genuine windows 7, 8 and upgrade to windows 10 in an year.

No subscription fees.
I downloaded windows 8 on the first day, windows 8 was new from the scratch and had no issues as a pc user. So I trust Microsoft it is a big release they will not smurf this release. They want people to move from every version to windows 10, a little negative review will be a big impact

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Reserved mine too. But 3GB space requirement looks like a big housekeeping work to me.

Top Bottom