Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I updated mine earlier with a update pop up and then went back to 8.1 but now I again want to upgrade it with ISO and it just didn't work always say can't be updated.

The rollback may have flagged some changes which is barring you from doing that. Try unistalling some packages from updates and then try again, or do a clean swipte with the tech preview iso...only if you think its worth the hassle. The tech preview has some bugs...which matches with the official blog. Nothing game-breaker but still.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
The rollback may have flagged some changes which is barring you from doing that. Try unistalling some packages from updates and then try again, or do a clean swipte with the tech preview iso...only if you think its worth the hassle. The tech preview has some bugs...which matches with the official blog. Nothing game-breaker but still.

For me the biggest problem is my SLI won't work most of the time. Looks like I would hold till the official launch. Don't have lots of hours to waste on getting the programs back and backups.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have a bunch of legally acquired and unused Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 professional keys that can be upgraded to Windows 10.. if anyone is looking for a trade, PM me with offers

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
My question was meant for windows 10. Have you tried it on windows 10? does it work?

It can be difficult to make it work, as of now, I faced two major bugs in Windows 10 Tech Preview Store so far. One is the annoying mail,people malfunction, which cant be solved by known procedures. Secondly the Store Beta ( gray ) is unfinished and broken, installing apps from it can take awful lot of time, can halt and crash in between an app download and installation, even store updates are choppy and almost always tend to fail in the first attempt.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
It can be difficult to make it work, as of now, I faced two major bugs in Windows 10 Tech Preview Store so far. One is the annoying mail,people malfunction, which cant be solved by known procedures. Secondly the Store Beta ( gray ) is unfinished and broken, installing apps from it can take awful lot of time, can halt and crash in between an app download and installation, even store updates are choppy and almost always tend to fail in the first attempt.

If they make the same stupid mistake of not allowing app installations on the SDcard/another drive officially(through storage sense), then they will again not win market share in the cheap tabs category - 8gb/ 16 gb / 32 gb category.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Actually, Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Does Not Apply to Pirates - GameSpot

My Desktop PC : Running under Genuine Licensed Windows-7 Pro(64-bit)
My Laptop PC (DELL Inspiron 14 5447) : Running under Genuine Licensed Windows-8.1 Single Language(64-bit)
My LapTab PC (Micromax Canvas LT666 Hybrid) : Running under Genuine Licensed Windows-8.1 Single Language(32-bit)
So no problem for me at least when I switch over to Windows-10 (64-bit/32-bit) ;-)

Top Bottom