Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As of now which version is the best Windows 10?
There is no "best win 10",only what's best for you. Latest win 10 versions(all editions except LTSB/LTSC) now supported for max 1 year so you don't have much choice anyway.If you choose to use LTSB/LTSC then you will have to give up on all new win 10 feature updates(& better latest hardware support) as these get only security updates.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Windows 10 November 2019 Update Build 18362.10024 Is Out

Microsoft has released Windows 10 November 2019 Update Build 18362.10024 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. As noted earlier, Microsoft has finalized the November 2019 Update, however, cumulative updates were expected to introduce fixes.

Today's release brings all the 19H2 features along with the fixes that were released through KB4517389 (the October Patch Tuesday updates). "This update also includes a fix necessary to move Insiders in the Slow ring to the final 19H2 build," the Windows maker added.

Microsoft will deliver Windows 10 November 2019 Update, version 1909 as a cumulative update

The Windows maker is focusing on performance improvements with the upcoming Windows 10 version 1909, expected to be released to the public in the next few weeks. While it still is a feature update, version 1909 and the May 2019 Update (version 1903) share the same servicing content, which means they share the same Cumulative Update packages.

Microsoft is planning several improvements with the release of Windows 10 November 2019 Update, including new Notifications settings and Calendar changes along with battery and performance improvements. You can check out the complete changelog over here or head over to this official blog post for more details about the release.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Looks like Microsoft will move to a dash-dot update format where the first big update of the year will introduce significant new features while the second one will focus mostly on polish.

This is honestly a much saner approach.

I was on 1809 and planning to go straight to the upcoming release, but by mistake I hit the upgrade option a few days back and now running 1903 without any issues.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I'm yet to upgrade to 1903. Don't see myself doing it in the near future. Don't want to mess up my Ubuntu partition like that

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How to Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming and Productivity! (Comprehensive Guide) [2019]

Do you want to speed up Windows 10? Do you want to improve performance on your PC? Want to make your system lighter? Do you want to free up CPU, RAM and battery usage? Want an FPS boost in all your games? Is clutter and bloatware a problem on your PC?

This guide works with any version of Windows 10, new or old, including LTSB, LTSC and 1903.

How does this guide affect my PC you may ask? -
Lighter system,
less resource intensive
More free disk space
More free RAM and CPU power - 100%,
true 1:1 mouse precision
More FPS in games,
less stuttering
Overall better performance
Less cluttered UI
More privacy control,
less intrusive
New features and functionality
Longer battery life (laptops/tablets)
Fixes for game and program crashes/issues
Removal of bloatware Before and After comparison: 36:16

Listen & read the description. Its very useful

PS: I followed it and now my PC is blazing fast. No bloatware and nothing. I really cant understand why Microsoft cant make Lite versions of Windows 10 especially for Gamers and Tech Geeks..

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@topgear
@whitestar_999
@SaiyanGoku
@sling-shot
@bssunilreddy
@Zangetsu

my Friends, never mind about the arrangements or order in your names,ALL ARE EQUAL TO ME.

Recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro to 1909 version as provided by Microsoft.

Everything is running NORMAL, except:--->

I have 4 x 4GB DDR3 Corsair RAM modules each installed on the 4 slots of my motherboard.
BIOS is detecting as 16GB

But Windows 10 says 16GB RAM installed (Only 12GB usable).

???????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please,Help me Friends. Any idea where has the remaining 4GB gone??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Make sure you did not allocate 4GB to Integrated GPU - check in bios setting. If you are using a discrete graphic card disable iGPU. Reinstall the ram modules on Different Slots.

This mostly indicates a hardware issue apart from iGPU thing - saw someone having such issue due to cpu socket pin problem and another one due to broken dram slot. It would be better to start a new thraed about the issue as it's not specific to windows 10.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is possible to allocate dedicate ram to integrated graphics so check in your mobo bios/uefi settings & look for integrated graphics/video controller memory/similar option.

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello @kg11sgbg ,

I had this same issue,but I was getting 7.97 GB usable out of 16 GB. The issue was resolved by changing the RAM clock in my case (16 GB RipJawsX DDR3). This has also been outlined in this thread here:

16gb ram only showing 8gb usable, but 16gb installed windows 10 (whatever win 7 ultimate upgraded to)

Check the 5th reply.

Also, this happened with me after installing a cumulative update in Windows 10 (can't remember the exact one), so I guess it's appropriate to post it here.

Top Bottom