Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

andy_65_in

Padawan
Card reader driver for XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1,Win10 10.0.370.188 2018/03/13 17 MB this is latest in realtek website,,,but nothing happens even with this

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Card reader driver for XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1,Win10 10.0.370.188 2018/03/13 17 MB this is latest in realtek website,,,but nothing happens even with this
:facepalm:
You do realize that drivers are different for different devices, right? To "Download driver from official site," means you have to get it from your manufacturer by searching for drivers specific to your laptop and check if they are for Windows 10.

andy_65_in

Padawan
:facepalm:
You do realize that drivers are different for different devices, right? To "Download driver from official site," means you have to get it from your manufacturer by searching for drivers specific to your laptop and check if they are for Windows 10.
did that...nothing hapens..i think it could be the new window update

Last edited:

andy_65_in

Padawan
hp pavillion 14b015dx...now in wndows 10 home

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    747.2 KB · Views: 105

andy_65_in

Padawan
You are not giving any concrete information.

I doubt anything can be done in such a situation.
card reader is quantum brand..sd card is toshiba...want to update my nikon camera...sd card not recognised by either the sd card reader inbuilt in the laptop or even a external card reader i brought...incidentally installed drivereasy software which shows some drivers missing..but they cant be installed..some issue(bloked)...however when i indiviually check thru device manager all drivers are updated

andy_65_in

Padawan
Im amazed drivereasy shows drivers not updated....why same not being shown thru window update...even intel update assistant updated a driver

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
card reader is quantum brand..sd card is toshiba...want to update my nikon camera...sd card not recognised by either the sd card reader inbuilt in the laptop or even a external card reader i brought...incidentally installed drivereasy software which shows some drivers missing..but they cant be installed..some issue(bloked)...however when i indiviually check thru device manager all drivers are updated
I tried those driver updater softwares..
They always show some drivers not updated.. leave that unnecessary updating drivers is not good.. get updates from official sites of respective devices brand (motherboard, GPU, monitor etc.) in my opinion..

Do I Really Need to Update My Drivers?

About your card.. is gone.. corrupted.. just try for data recovery.. I also have quantum card reader.. (old Quantum card was gone bad while trying to read corrupted micro sd card.)

There are some data recovery centres which also provide sd card recovery, try luck there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
done evrey dam thing....not detected

get a card reader from friend and try that out with a different microsd / sd card or else try the quantum card reader on a different pc. Persoanlly faced issue with quantum card reader working with one pc and on another not. Since then using iball card reader.

andy_65_in

Padawan
get a card reader from friend and try that out with a different microsd / sd card or else try the quantum card reader on a different pc. Persoanlly faced issue with quantum card reader working with one pc and on another not. Since then using iball card reader.
The card is readable elsewhere...

Flash

Lost in speed
Updated to 1909 from 1903, since being a minor update. After few hours, PC's display goes black for 5-10 seconds, and random freezes where the only option is to restart.
After reading the reviews online, it's indeed a problematic update and am not the only one who experienced the issues. So, reverted back to 1903 and my PC is as good as before.

So, a word of caution for those who's going to update to 1909.

Top Bottom