Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Not sure if this is correct thread for the query. CCleaner now has multiple instances running in background without even my permission. Older versions won't install in Win 10. Any alternatives to it?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Not sure if this is correct thread for the query. CCleaner now has multiple instances running in background without even my permission. Older versions won't install in Win 10. Any alternatives to it?
I too use ccleaner it works perfectly for me in windows 10 version 1709

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^But does using such tools even help anymore,win 10 is quite restricted(especially home version & even pro version is now getting more restrictions with each update) so I don't think these 3rd party cleaner utilities make any real difference as they probably won't be able to remove any significant amount of data occupying hdd/ssd space anyway.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^But does using such tools even help anymore,win 10 is quite restricted(especially home version & even pro version is now getting more restrictions with each update) so I don't think these 3rd party cleaner utilities make any real difference as they probably won't be able to remove any significant amount of data occupying hdd/ssd space anyway.
not just clearing space, the cleaner helps in fixing many of the registry junks and issues.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not just clearing space, the cleaner helps in fixing many of the registry junks and issues.
But many people say it is more of a placebo effect.Win 10 handles registry in a far different way than win 7 & there shouldn't be any serious cluttering of registry unless one experiments with installing/uninstalling software on a daily basis. Nowadays most win 10 optimization related tools focus on privacy settings & even there there are many cases where some latest win 10 update conflicts with some privacy setting option from these 3rd party tools creating some issue.

Zangetsu

But many people say it is more of a placebo effect.Win 10 handles registry in a far different way than win 7 & there shouldn't be any serious cluttering of registry unless one experiments with installing/uninstalling software on a daily basis. Nowadays most win 10 optimization related tools focus on privacy settings & even there there are many cases where some latest win 10 update conflicts with some privacy setting option from these 3rd party tools creating some issue.
Does windows 10 corrects the invalid registry entries ? and also optimizes it well.
Registry is modified not just by install/uninstall process but the usage of Windows alters the registry every day, even if its a slight modification in app settings etc.

Yes, most of the tools focus on privacy settings but I haven't encountered any issues using Glary utilities with win 10 update since 2016.
I have tested N numbers of optimizers till date and there was one tool (forgot its name) which completely crashed my system.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does windows 10 corrects the invalid registry entries ? and also optimizes it well.
Registry is modified not just by install/uninstall process but the usage of Windows alters the registry every day, even if its a slight modification in app settings etc.
*www.howtogeek.com/171633/why-using-a-registry-cleaner-wont-speed-up-your-pc-or-fix-crashes/

Zangetsu

Which windows 10 build are you all on ?
I'm on 1809...But don't know why the Auto update is not showing updates for 1903 ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you go to the home page of bzfuture and try to buy antivirus product on the the product page you will see all the regions supported but India is not on the list.
For example look at this link :
Buy ESET Internet Security 1 Device 1 Year Key Global at a cheaper price on Bzfuture.com

Top Bottom