Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Niilesh

Padawan
if you hope there is an option like that which helps you not to have automatic update installation, then you are wrong!
otherwise, you might need to use some net limiting applications like netbalancer(paid version only. you can try trial though) to completely block svchost from accessing internet.
microsoft is silently downloading windows 10 even on PCs that are not reserved for the update and makes a hilarious comment for that :lol:
Well something is better than nothing :
windows.microsoft.com said:
Windows Update will only download priority updates.

Apps downloading from the Windows Store might be paused.

Start screen tiles might stop updating.

Offline files might not sync automatically.

ashs1

Padawan
Had to use the recovery USB to reset back to windows 8 again..had to download the updates all over and install windows8.1 again( thankfully had the iso this time)..will stay on 8.1 for some time before switching to windows 10 again.. Its a shame that lenovo has stated that it won't provide support for y510p for windows 10..
-1 to lenovo

In terms of gaming, how are you guys finding windows 10 so far?? Good, bad or ugly ??

sygeek

Technomancer
Had to use the recovery USB to reset back to windows 8 again..had to download the updates all over and install windows8.1 again( thankfully had the iso this time)..will stay on 8.1 for some time before switching to windows 10 again.. Its a shame that lenovo has stated that it won't provide support for y510p for windows 10..
-1 to lenovo

In terms of gaming, how are you guys finding windows 10 so far?? Good, bad or ugly ??
no difference.

Minion

Conversation Architect
-1 to lenovo ��

In terms of gaming, how are you guys finding windows 10 so far?? Good, bad or ugly ??��

Microsoft will update all drivers through auto updates.

Win 10 bootsup faster than win 8.1,laptop runs cools with win 10,battery backup is good too .

Kaltrops

In the zone
-1 to lenovo

My friends tell me they have improved framerate in the same games they played on Windows 7.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So my windows 10 gets updated all the time. I don't really mind it, except when I need to shut down my PC quickly and it takes ages to shutdown because it starts to install updates.

Anyway, so after one such update I noticed a feature that was added apparently and was wondering whether it have come to anyone else too.

Whenever I move any window it gets transparent and when I drop the windows to new location, it goes back to become non transparent. Pic in spoiler, where I tried to move the Firefox window:

*i.imgur.com/rwgEmz7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, it was some tool I installed that replicated the features, provided by Windows 10 in built now. It was AquaSnap.
Got rid of it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i have windows 8 ,to get windows 10 will i have to upgrade to windows 8.1 .the win 8 is oem.whats the success rate

Yes, upgrade to Win 8.1 so that Win 10 upgrade becomes available.

I have a Win 8.1 Single Language x64 laptop. Downloaded iso file for Win 10 Single Lanugage x64 edition. Upgraded and working fine so far. It's the easiest method.

Check the first post for esd file which you can download and convert into iso file.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i have windows 8 ,to get windows 10 will i have to upgrade to windows 8.1 .the win 8 is oem.whats the success rate

It's worth upgrading. It's not that the laptop becomes unusable/bricked if the update fails. You'll get reverted back.

In any case, the upgrade will go smoothly.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - September 2015 (KB890830)

This update gets installed everyday on my pc. Anybody else facing this issue?

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
As I'm not eligible for free win10, I looked up MS india store to buy it. They have the Home edition for 8k.
Will there be a price cut a few months later? Can it be bought for less elsewhere?

I have an assembled pc which I may upgrade after a while. Will win10 licence purchased now be valid for new hardware?

Top Bottom