Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Looks like you are out on a journey or vacation. Well to be frank it is the most simple method of installation. And the updates are going on constantly. MS is looking to fix all of the problems ASAP.

it was work-related. back today. now reading posts of the latter pages here. still advisable to install win 10 (the laptop may be at sea again with me soon, with just occasional net-access)? will be doing a clean-install.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yeah i am facing problem with torrents not able to download anything from torrent.

No issues here
have 4 pcs running windows 10 and utorrent 2.2.1

- - - Updated - - -

Should we upgrade to Windows 10 from Window 8 ? Is it worth ?

most definitely
its deadly smooth and pretty stable so far

- - - Updated - - -

it was work-related. back today. now reading posts of the latter pages here. still advisable to install win 10 (the laptop may be at sea again with me soon, with just occasional net-access)? will be doing a clean-install.

yeah
just ensure you upgrade install 1st, only then clean install otherwise youll lose activation

- - - Updated - - -

Switched back to Windows 8 as I had problems using my MTS dongle with it :(.

did you try reinstalling the windows 8 drivers for MTS?
my cousin also uses MTS , worked for him
dunno which MTS dongle model he has though

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
No issues here
have 4 pcs running windows 10 and utorrent 2.2.1

- - - Updated - - -

By issues I believe Minion was referring to was Torrent trackers not working since he is using windows 10. It is mentioned in the Article link he quoted.Here is why torrent trackers banning Windows 10 is naïve and premature | Windows Central

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
No issue with torrents on win 10. I use Tixati.

Also the performance has been good for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Uninstall it first then. Windows auto driver update is not good.

So I postponed the uninstalling and fixing of CCC because i was busy. I got an update on windows update. It downgraded my amd Catalyst to a previous version and now CCC works perfectly. So Windows update fixed the driver issue on it's own, Very nice.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] - thanks! i was just reading this too. recommended?

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 the easy way -- no upgrade required

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] - thanks! i was just reading this too. recommended?

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 the easy way -- no upgrade required

Bit risky imho
rather try your luck with upgrade install and reset Windows 10 with the "keep user files " option enabled so no data loss

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
ok. but don't need to keep data files. i have already emptied my drive.

oh then do an upgrade install first
then clean install in another partition and delete the partition with the upgrade install
best way to go about it imho
worked well for me

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
oh then do an upgrade install first
then clean install in another partition and delete the partition with the upgrade install
best way to go about it imho
worked well for me

Refreshing the PC instead of clean install again would be better IMO. Planning to upgrade that way myself.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Refreshing the PC instead of clean install again would be better IMO. Planning to upgrade that way myself.

Maybe , Maybe not
But clean install generally removes ALL traces of any driver conflict etc
If you cant clean install, no harm in trying Refresh first imho

In his case , he has a clean slate on his HDD, might as well clean install right after

vito scalleta

In the zone
After trying multiple times to" upgrade " to win 10 and failed, i finally created a bootable iso, used rufus to burn it to a pendrive and clean installed the os onto my ssd.. while booting from the pendrive i had to the change the boot mode from uefi to legacy .. now the after installation i tried to change the boot mode back to uefi . but if the ssd is not available as a boot device in uefi .. its available only in legacy . the system is working fine though.
is ther any reason i would need to change the boot mode to uefi ? just curious.. :lol:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ok. but don't need to keep data files. i have already emptied my drive.

Refresh PC. See first post if you need help. That is as good as clean install.

During reset you can choose to not keep personal files. There is even an option to wipe all other partitions too.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Refresh PC. See first post if you need help. That is as good as clean install.

During reset you can choose to not keep personal files. There is even an option to wipe all other partitions too.
alright. the latter's what i was looking a confirmation for. shall do this way. thanks!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
started the upgrade-process y'day night. downloaded the media creation toolkit, and everything was finished by morning. later in the evening began resetting the laptop, and its carrying on. atrociously slow! does it use the net continuously when doing this resetting?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Every now and then Map Download Paused comes up in notification. Is there any way to disable the inbuilt map app?

How To Uninstall Default Apps In Windows 10

A little over a dozen universal apps (also known as Metro or Modern apps) are bundled with Windows 10. Calculator, Calendar, Mail, Camera, Cortana, Contact Support, File & TV, Get Started, Groove Music, Maps, News, OneNote, People, Photos, and Phone Companion are some of the apps that ship with Windows 10.

While it’s true that most of these apps were part of the previous version of Windows as well and were not impressive, all these apps have been updated with better UI and features. Some of these apps like Mail, Calendar, Calculator and Voice Recorder are really helpful, but not all users are going to use these default apps.

*windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Uninstall-default-apps-in-Windows-10-Step5_thumb.png
That said, uninstalling these default apps is not a good idea, especially if you hope to free up some disk space. Some of these apps are under 1 MB, in fact, uninstalling all these apps will probably free up around 100 MB of disk space.
Moreover, if you want to uninstall one or more default apps in Windows 10, it’s not possible to do so via the Control Panel or Settings app.

As with the case of traditional Windows programs like Paint and Notepad, with default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t allow you uninstall or remove these default apps. The Apps and features section of Settings app doesn’t show Uninstall option when you click on a default app.
Uninstall or remove default apps using PowerShell

To uninstall a default or pre-installed app in Windows 10, you need to execute a simple command. Here is how to uninstall a default or pre-installed app in Windows 10:

NOTE: Some of the apps like Cortana and Store can’t be uninstalled as they are system apps and essential for the smooth operation of Windows 10.

Step 1: The first step is to open Windows PowerShell as administrator. To do so, type PowerShell in the Start menu or taskbar search box to see PowerShell in the search results, right-click on it and then click Run as administrator.

*windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Uninstall-default-apps-in-Windows-10-Step1_thumb.png

Alternatively, type PowerShell in search box and then simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to run it as administrator.

Step 2: In the PowerShell window, type the following command and then press Enter key to get a list of all default apps and universal apps installed from the Store.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

*windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Uninstall-default-apps-in-Windows-10-Step2_thumb.png

Step 3: Scroll down to see the app that you want to uninstall. And if you want to uninstall all apps at once, please skip to Step 6.

Copy the package name of the application as we can’t uninstall an app by just entering its name. The package name appears right next to PackageFullName.

*windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Uninstall-default-apps-in-Windows-10-Step3_thumb.png

For instance, in this guide, we are uninstalling the Maps app. To do so, we need to first copy the full package name of the app. To copy the full package name, select the full package name as shown in the above picture, and then use Ctrl + C hotkey to copy the name.

Step 4: To uninstall the app, type the following command:

Remove-AppxPackage PackageFullName

In the above command replace PackageFullName with the full package name of the app. In this guide, we are removing the Maps app. So we have put the full package name of Maps app.

*windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Uninstall-default-apps-in-Windows-10-Step4_thumb.png

Step 5:
To remove all default apps from all user accounts, use the following command.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Step 6: To remove all default apps as well as apps installed from the Store for the current user account, use this command:

Get-AppxPackage -User | Remove-AppxPackage

In the above command replace the User with your user name.

Good luck!

How to Uninstall Windows 10’s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

Source:How to Uninstall Windows 10?s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

Top Bottom