Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Installed Win 10 single language on my laptop. **** was working all fine. But now the taskbar icons doesn't show start menu and other options (battery details, wifi details, time calender) when I left click on those,

Piece of **** microsoft. Restarting laptop or restarting explorer doesnt have any effect. Tried cmd fix, not working. How fragile is this piece of crap ?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 7520G. Driver Version 15.200.1062.1004. Installed this update. Now AMD CCC does not open. Anyone else facing this issue? :-(

Should I roll back?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 7520G. Driver Version 15.200.1062.1004. Installed this update. Now AMD CCC does not open. Anyone else facing this issue? :-(

Should I roll back?

Install manually from AMD website, latest drivers. No need to roll back.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Install manually from AMD website, latest drivers. No need to roll back.

The driver available on the website is older than the one installed. Should I uninstall my driver first?

The instructions below do not apply to AMD Catalyst™ drivers on AMD APU systems. Systems with AMD APUs do not need to go through the driver uninstall process prior to updating the graphics driver. To update the graphics driver on AMD APU systems, simply download and install the latest compatible AMD Catalyst™ driver.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
windows 10 is full of bugs :-x

I agree with you, that is why it is free.
So there is no one accountable but the user because he wanted free sh it and he got free sh it.
Free stuff is just like that(win 10)

I might have to reset my pc. It is stuttering badly, maybe coz of upgrade not a fresh install.

Installed Win 10 single language on my laptop. **** was working all fine. But now the taskbar icons doesn't show start menu and other options (battery details, wifi details, time calender) when I left click on those,

Piece of **** microsoft. Restarting laptop or restarting explorer doesnt have any effect. Tried cmd fix, not working. How fragile is this piece of crap ?

Had all these issues too
Simply clean install
you can also clean install in another partition to check

All those bugs disappear and it works better than 7 and 8.1 too

- - - Updated - - -

Should I roll back?

If its a Intel+AMD switchable gpu system :-

- Express Uninstall AMD CCC
- Use Driver Sweeper or DDU to remove leftover files
- Block AMD and Intel GPU driver updates in Windows Update using the tool
- Reboot
- Download and Install Leshcat 15.7 WHQL drivers

Links -
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.4.0.0
Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL - leshcatlabs.net

Works perfect on my system

^^ WARNING - ONLY for Intel + AMD systems , dunno if itll work on APU systems
Just check leshcat forums to verify

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Had all these issues too
Simply clean install
you can also clean install in another partition to check

All those bugs disappear and it works better than 7 and 8.1 too

It was on clean install. I was able to single out the software which was causing this problem. So yeah, a software which worked fine in 8.1 can break win 10 taskbar.

Flash

Lost in speed
If its a Intel+AMD switchable gpu system :-

- Express Uninstall AMD CCC
- Use Driver Sweeper or DDU to remove leftover files
- Block AMD and Intel GPU driver updates in Windows Update using the tool
- Reboot
- Download and Install Leshcat 15.7 WHQL drivers

Links -
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.4.0.0
Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL - leshcatlabs.net

Works perfect on my system

^^ WARNING - ONLY for Intel + AMD systems , dunno if itll work on APU systems
Just check leshcat forums to verify
What's the difference between AMD's driver and leshcat driver? AMD has driver for Windows 10 too.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
What's the difference between AMD's driver and leshcat driver? AMD has driver for Windows 10 too.

Leshcats is better optimised
They basically see the issues people are facing with a specific version and then release a stable fix to it
Thats why they dont have a 15.7.1 driver yet and dont intend to because their 15.7 has fixed the issues

- - - Updated - - -

It was on clean install. I was able to single out the software which was causing this problem. So yeah, a software which worked fine in 8.1 can break win 10 taskbar.

Oh strange !!
Must be a bug

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making

And how exactly you figured that out?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors

The table on this page lists the most common upgrade and installation errors, and a few things you can try to fix the problems. If you continue having problems upgrading or installing Windows 10
Error What it means and how to fix it
Code 0x80073712
This error might mean that a file needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing.
Code 0x800F0923
This error might mean that a driver or other software on your PC isn't compatible with the upgrade to Windows 10. For info about how to fix this problem, contact Microsoft support.
Code 0x80200056
This error might mean that the upgrade process was interrupted because you accidentally restarted your PC or signed out of your PC. Try upgrading again and make sure your PC is plugged in and stays turned on.
Code 0x800F0922
This error might mean that your PC couldn't connect to the Windows Update servers. If you're using a VPN connection to connect to a work network, disconnect from the network and turn off the VPN software (if applicable), and try upgrading again.

The error could also mean there isn't enough free space in the System Reserved partition. You might be able to fix this problem by using third-party software to increase the size of the System Reserved partition.
Error: We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.

Error: Failure configuring Windows Updates. Reverting changes.
These are generic errors that might appear any time a Windows update fails. You'll need to determine the specific error code to investigate how to best resolve this problem.

You can find the error code for the failed update by viewing your update history. Look for the update that wasn't installed, note the error code, and then contact Microsoft support.

To view your update history in Windows 8.1:

• Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), Selecting Settings, choosing Change PC settings, and then selecting Update and recovery.
  • Select View your update history.

To view your update history in Windows 7:

• Select the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, Select Windows Update.
  • Click View update history.

Error: The update isn't applicable to your computer.
This error might mean that your PC doesn't have the required updates installed. Check to make sure that all important updates are installed on your PC before you try upgrading.
Code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C
This error might mean that an incompatible app installed on your PC is blocking the upgrade process from completing. Check to make sure that any incompatible apps are uninstalled and then try upgrading again.
Code 0xC1900200 – 0x20008
Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008
This error might mean that your PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to download or install the upgrade to Windows 10.
Code 0x80070070 – 0x50011
Code 0x80070070 – 0x50012
Code 0x80070070 – 0x60000

This error might mean that your PC doesn’t have enough space available to install the upgrade. Free some space on the drive and try again.

Source:Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors - Windows Help

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Link:How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails. - Microsoft Community
Source:*answers.microsoft.com

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
so will it reset all my data or only my drive C data

Yes, follow these steps

Click on Get Started
*i.imgur.com/hB35vqI.jpg

You can choose either of the options given below.
I usually take backup of Documents, Pictures, Desktop, and Downloads folder and then choose the second option
*i.imgur.com/mGAvzvw.jpg

This is important step, choose first as shown
*i.imgur.com/nwsqpzL.jpg

Choose first for fast install
*i.imgur.com/IqIwe0M.jpg

Final step, your PC will start to reset.
*i.imgur.com/LH9f9qF.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's been a few days now using Windows 10. And there is something which I am finding interesting.

The "VPN" option. So now Windows 10 provides a default VPN connection? Has anyone tried it?

Top Bottom