Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

A

amit.tiger12

It's not leaked. It has been officially released. You have to go to Windows update and let it download.

It's close to the final build. The last one till it releases on the 29th.

So far so good. No issues at all. Download it.

thanks for info.
download from windows update? I'm using Win 8.1 RTM Professional WMC Retail..
close to final build?? so that means new build at lauch?? right?
if I download now and on 29th for final build I don't need to do clean install? right? I just have to update from windows 10.

Officially launched RTM build was 10240.

Windows 10 reportedly goes RTM with Build 10240, includes new Edge updates | ExtremeTech

Go ahead its good no bugs at all so far...

thanks.. can anybody confirm me about creating local account in windows 10?? I tried in windows 10 developer preview it worked there.

Kaltrops

In the zone
thanks for info.
download from windows update? I'm using Win 8.1 RTM Professional WMC Retail..
close to final build?? so that means new build at lauch?? right?
if I download now and on 29th for final build I don't need to do clean install? right? I just have to update from windows 10.

thanks.. can anybody confirm me about creating local account in windows 10?? I tried in windows 10 developer preview it worked there.

You can't get this build from 8.1. You need to download the Windows 10 iso for build 10162, install that and then update from Windows update.

If you're on a retail copy of Windows 8.1, just wait for them to launch and follow the instructions, whatever they may be. Did you get confirmation of being selected for the upgrade to Win10?

If you have a genuine retail copy of Windows 8.1, then you will be upgraded to a genuine copy of Windows 10. If you're on the Windows 10 insider program, then you will not be a genuine user. You will be a beta tester for life. But it also means you will get newer versions of the OS before anyone else.

Not everyone will be upgraded on the 29th. Microsoft will roll out the OS in phases. Insider members first, then retailers, then customers who reserved their Windows 10 upgrade from Windows update on Windows 7/8/8.1.

So it could even be weeks after the 29th before you get upgraded.

icebags

Technomancer
Better yet, register for window insider program and get win 10 home for free for all your PC's
Condition? you have to install win10 insider preview before win 10 is officially released on jul29 '15

are you sure about this ? i will fetch my old hard disk to install the insider preview then......

A

amit.tiger12

You can't get this build from 8.1. You need to download the Windows 10 iso for build 10162, install that and then update from Windows update.

If you're on a retail copy of Windows 8.1, just wait for them to launch and follow the instructions, whatever they may be. Did you get confirmation of being selected for the upgrade to Win10?

If you have a genuine retail copy of Windows 8.1, then you will be upgraded to a genuine copy of Windows 10. If you're on the Windows 10 insider program, then you will not be a genuine user. You will be a beta tester for life. But it also means you will get newer versions of the OS before anyone else.

Not everyone will be upgraded on the 29th. Microsoft will roll out the OS in phases. Insider members first, then retailers, then customers who reserved their Windows 10 upgrade from Windows update on Windows 7/8/8.1.

So it could even be weeks after the 29th before you get upgraded.

no. pirated. i already confirm that thing. I already registered for insider program, and I got mails from windows blog when they release new build etc etc.

i will do clean install, that is why I was asking to wait for 29 jul or go for 10240 build.
clean install os from xyz sites..

10240 build is available on net, but i don't want to waste so much time for downloading again if new build comes. data cap is there for this month so I can't download 2 times.

I think i have to wait. btw thanks for info.

Kaltrops

In the zone
no. pirated. i already confirm that thing. I already registered for insider program, and I got mails from windows blog when they release new build etc etc.

i will do clean install, that is why I was asking to wait for 29 jul or go for 10240 build.
clean install os from xyz sites..

10240 build is available on net, but i don't want to waste so much time for downloading again if new build comes. data cap is there for this month so I can't download 2 times.

I think i have to wait. btw thanks for info.

No problem.

I say go for it. Microsoft has the iso up for 10162 I think. So download it and do a clean install. Then update it to 10240. I think it's 2.2gb for 32bit and 3.8gb for the 64bit version. Then the update for 10240 is around 500-700mb.

Gollum

Collector
Finished 2 batches on Windows 10 training in the office.
Next weekend will be the last batches that I will train on windows 10

Kaltrops

In the zone
hi guyz lil help...

I have lenovo lappy with windows 8.1 ( licensed ) .. and it got reserved the windows 10 ... If I format my lappy now and install windows 8.1 again will I get the windows 10???

Why do you want to format your laptop? What's so bad that you can't wait another week?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
hi guyz lil help...

I have lenovo lappy with windows 8.1 ( licensed ) .. and it got reserved the windows 10 ... If I format my lappy now and install windows 8.1 again will I get the windows 10???
You must be kidding!!!
Windows 10 is far more better ,robust and ease of use than Windows8.1,as according to developers and preview users of Windows 10.
Think before you act.

Kaltrops

In the zone
You must be kidding!!!
Windows 10 is far more better ,robust and ease of use than Windows8.1,as according to developers and preview users of Windows 10.
Think before you act.
Calm down will you? What are you on about? He didn't say he doesn't want to install Windows 10. He wants to know if he will still be able to if he formats his hard drive and reinstalls windows 8.1.

Think before you type.

kg11sgbg

Calm down will you? What are you on about? He didn't say he doesn't want to install Windows 10. He wants to know if he will still be able to if he formats his hard drive and reinstalls windows 8.1.

Think before you type.

OFF TOPIC: Buddy, it seems you are to be calmed down,because you are very much excited ,aggressive and nervous...Where on earth did I mention anything to @thomson,such that it seems to be aggressive and agitated?
Even if I was sarcastic and it hurts him,I AM SORRY. It should be his reply towards me ,not from any aide or some Mr. Pretentious,as they think they are.

On Topic: Yes it is well known that if he reinstalls Windows-8.1(Genuine licensed),he can still be able to install Windows-10. Microsoft will again reserve about 3GB space on his primary partition,as soon as he gives his consent on the popping window for upgradation to Windows 10.

Kaltrops

In the zone
On Topic: Yes it is well known that if he reinstalls Windows-8.1(Genuine licensed),he can still be able to install Windows-10. Microsoft will again reserve about 3GB space on his primary partition,as soon as he gives his consent on the popping window for upgradation to Windows 10.
There you go. Was that so hard? That's what you should've told him at the beginning. He wanted help, not for people to call him an idiot (not in those words of course).

kg11sgbg

There you go. Was that so hard? That's what you should've told him at the beginning. He wanted help, not for people to call him an idiot (not in those words of course).

Brother,Please cool down. Why should I call or refer a person as Idiot,in case that person is much knowledgeable than me?Not only that , if somebody does not insult or rebuke me,why should I be after that person?
Perhaps my statements were a bit misinterpreted by you or others(may be).
I just wanted to say that if his current version of Windows8.1 is not doing any harm,then what is the use for formatting and reinstalling,thus further subtantiating your points preceding my comments.
Well,lets end this off the path discussion. In fact I also mentioned my state of being "sorry" to him in the above comment section. So let this end.

Kaltrops

In the zone
Brother,Please cool down. Why should I call or refer a person as Idiot,in case that person is much knowledgeable than me?Not only that , if somebody does not insult or rebuke me,why should I be after that person?
Perhaps my statements were a bit misinterpreted by you or others(may be).
I just wanted to say that if his current version of Windows8.1 is not doing any harm,then what is the use for formatting and reinstalling,thus further subtantiating your points preceding my comments.
Well,lets end this off the path discussion. In fact I also mentioned my state of being "sorry" to him in the above comment section. So let this end.

Whatever do you mean? I am calm. You were the one who came in with "are you kidding!!!" (not one but three exclamation marks) and "Think before you act" without knowing all of the facts. Don't be so aggressive and stop calling people names.

Read my post. I didn't say you called him an idiot. I said you may have implied he was by using Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10. If that was not your intention then I apologize for my misinterpretation.

Anyways.

Take it easy bud. :)

Gollum

Collector
Hah, last batch today for training before release.
people are loving cortana, making her sing songs for them and asking her who's your daddy :lol:

Top Bottom