Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

sameersn2902

Broken In
will there b an option this time to uninstall windows store and additional bloatwares like people , food, health, travel,maps etc. ??

Gollum

Collector
OEM ppl will continue to work with product key but the rest will have a digital registration so no keys to avtivate.
the OS will be bound to the hardware

Gollum

Collector
explain ??

MS said that it will be linked with mobo, RAM and CPU (all that sounded BS to me)
Even they did not give me details and said that if the mobo is replaced then the activation will also go
They did not give me an explanation for what would have to be done next.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
that is outright bullcrapl, no DRM for OS will ever verify users according to CPU/MOBO/RAM.. it has never happened, never will..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally "reserved" my copy. Current OS on that machine is Windows 7 Pro. Now I need to get rid of that notification on the taskbar somehow..

Gollum

Collector
Finally "reserved" my copy. Current OS on that machine is Windows 7 Pro. Now I need to get rid of that notification on the taskbar somehow..

you cannot, its part of a windows update and it will help download the ISO at the time of release.
removing that windows update removes your chances of getting win 10
but you can still get it back till july 29 2016

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Can you guys clarify one thing? Say we upgrade to Win 10 and then if we ever had to re-install it then how we are supposed to do that? Will our old Win 7 / Win 8.1 (from whatever OS, peoples are upgrading), Key will work?

In worst case, say we had to re-install it after July 29 2016, then what? Because after that date, we can't even install our old Win 7 / Win 8.1 and then free upgrade again.

Gollum

Collector
Can you guys clarify one thing? Say we upgrade to Win 10 and then if we ever had to re-install it then how we are supposed to do that? Will our old Win 7 / Win 8.1 (from whatever OS, peoples are upgrading), Key will work?

In worst case, say we had to re-install it after July 29 2016, then what? Because after that date, we can't even install our old Win 7 / Win 8.1 and then free upgrade again.
When you have the option to install win 10. opt to download the ISO.
Once you do that you can have it forever as long as the hardware is not changed.

Better yet, register for window insider program and get win 10 home for free for all your PC's
Condition? you have to install win10 insider preview before win 10 is officially released on jul29 '15

amjath

Human Spambot

Below is what i did for Windows 8.1 hope it will be the same for windows 10

Windows 8.1 was also an update only but windows allowed to download it as iso. So for windows 10 also they will allow it.
[MENTION=163350]ZTR[/MENTION] link was enough to answer.
But I usually take os in backup disc. For windows 8.1 installation, here is what I did.
Download windows 8.1 in iso and do a clean install, use the generic windows key for install and then activate using original windows 8 key. So obviously windows 10 will also allow it

A

amit.tiger12

RTM build leaked, anyone can tell me it's final build? 10240? and should I download and install it.??

Kaltrops

In the zone
RTM build leaked, anyone can tell me it's final build? 10240? and should I download and install it.??
It's not leaked. It has been officially released. You have to go to Windows update and let it download.

It's close to the final build. The last one till it releases on the 29th.

So far so good. No issues at all. Download it.

Top Bottom